SYNC System Thread - Page 29 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #281
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy628 View Post
Hi all,
I just bought my FF and it looks like it has Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2.

Should I wait until the December 10th rollout of 3.5 to update or apply a more recent update first? I am SUCH a NOOB so it might make sense to bring it to the dealer since I need to make an appointment because I think the alignment isn't right.
It depends on whether you have Navigation. If not, you can download the update now. There is in the 3.5.1 thread. If you have Nav and don't have the A4 card you will have to take it to the dealer or wait until you can order it syncmyride.com. Either way, don't feel left out by not updating. It appears to be just as flaky as previous versions. It fixes and improves some things but still has a lot to be desired. If it were me I would wait until to take it to the dealer for something else such as steering or transmission shudder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #282
jamesy628
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106893
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB - Red Candy

FF Reputation: 1 jamesy628 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
It depends on whether you have Navigation. If not, you can download the update now. There is in the 3.5.1 thread. If you have Nav and don't have the A4 card you will have to take it to the dealer or wait until you can order it syncmyride.com. Either way, don't feel left out by not updating. It appears to be just as flaky as previous versions. It fixes and improves some things but still has a lot to be desired. If it were me I would wait until to take it to the dealer for something else such as steering or transmission shudder.
Thanks. I might try to find a USB card and download and try myself.

Right now with my version - I can locate my audio from my phone via bluetooth but the screen doesn't say what is playing nor can I pick an artist or song via Sync. It also bothers me that let's say the screen that is showing is the radio screen but I use Sync to change the climate - I would have hoped/liked that the climate screen shows. I'm still new to this car so I wonder if those two issues were taken care of in more recent updates.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #283
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_nc View Post
I have a 2013 Titanium with sync and nav. Occasionally, the Sync services screen will appear for no apparent reason. What does this mean? I never dial up Sync services, as Nav has all the info I need, so far.
Are you bumping the ☆2 favorite button on your steering wheel? Ever since v3.0.2 (when we lost Favorites programmability ) that button's taken you to Services, if I recall correctly.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #284
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_nc View Post
I have a 2013 Titanium with sync and nav. Occasionally, the Sync services screen will appear for no apparent reason. What does this mean? I never dial up Sync services, as Nav has all the info I need, so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
This happens to me as well on my 12' Ti with 3.0.2 and 3.5.1.
Hi, jeff_nc & peridigm -

Like TiPilot mentioned, are you sure you're not pressing the ☆2 favorite button? The "star" buttons were reconfigured after the Performance Upgrade (3.0.2). ☆1 will take you to the home screen, ☆2 will bring up info screen (SYNC Services).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy628 View Post
Thanks. I might try to find a USB card and download and try myself.
Right now with my version - I can locate my audio from my phone via bluetooth but the screen doesn't say what is playing nor can I pick an artist or song via Sync. It also bothers me that let's say the screen that is showing is the radio screen but I use Sync to change the climate - I would have hoped/liked that the climate screen shows. I'm still new to this car so I wonder if those two issues were taken care of in more recent updates.
Which version are you currently running, jamesy628? Is your Focus equipped with the in-dash navigation system? PM me the details and we'll discuss further.

In regards to streaming Bluetooth audio, voice commands for selecting music are unavailable.

I'm getting ready to leave the office, I'll look for your PM tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Are you bumping the ☆2 favorite button on your steering wheel? Ever since v3.0.2 (when we lost Favorites programmability ) that button's taken you to Services, if I recall correctly.
Good call, TiPilot!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #285
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well sync locked up and was non responsive yet again today, that makes at least two full losses of functionality.

This time it was playing music from the usb drive, then it suddenly stopped on a track at 0:00 and wouldn't play and wouldn't respond to skip while driving.

Popped it over to radio and tried to press aux in to get back to usb and or to use the sync voice command paddle, no luck for at least a minute, then when it finally listened and allowed me to say USB it repeated it back three times before going to usb
Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #286
helloimmatthew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107662
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 helloimmatthew Good Standing Member
I have a 2012 SEL with SYNC (No MyFord Touch). I noticed in a YouTube video someone was demoing directions with SYNC Services and the next turn was showing up on the little LCD screen that's in the middle of the instrument cluster. Mine doesn't do this. It will only show the next turn on the radio screen when I approach the turn. It would be nice to have it showing constantly on the screen in the instrument cluster. I also noticed that his Focus was equipped with MyFord Touch (Mine isn't). Is this feature only available to people with MFT? It says my version of SYNC is Gen1 - V3.1.1.C.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #287
FFHatch2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107544
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 FFHatch2013 Good Standing Member
I have a 2013 SE (which comes standard with SYNC) without MFT. My question is this, can I stream music from my iPhone 5 to my car's speakers? I have not been able to do this but I was wondering if it's even possible.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #288
jeff_nc
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106534
What I Drive: 2013 performance blue titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeff_nc Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimmatthew View Post
I have a 2012 SEL with SYNC (No MyFord Touch). I noticed in a YouTube video someone was demoing directions with SYNC Services and the next turn was showing up on the little LCD screen that's in the middle of the instrument cluster. Mine doesn't do this. It will only show the next turn on the radio screen when I approach the turn. It would be nice to have it showing constantly on the screen in the instrument cluster. I also noticed that his Focus was equipped with MyFord Touch (Mine isn't). Is this feature only available to people with MFT? It says my version of SYNC is Gen1 - V3.1.1.C.
Matthew, I have a 2013 WITH MFT and I am not getting that next turn on the center display either. Funny thing is, it USED to be there, then it went away. I would like it back, as the car display thing is useless, IMO.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #289
helloimmatthew
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107662
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 helloimmatthew Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFHatch2013 View Post
I have a 2013 SE (which comes standard with SYNC) without MFT. My question is this, can I stream music from my iPhone 5 to my car's speakers? I have not been able to do this but I was wondering if it's even possible.
Yeah, it should be. I've done it with my iPhone 5. Just press the voice button and say "Bluetooth Audio" to stream music wirelessly or if you want to do it through USB, say "USB Audio". Always works for me!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #290
FFHatch2013
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107544
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 FFHatch2013 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimmatthew View Post
Yeah, it should be. I've done it with my iPhone 5. Just press the voice button and say "Bluetooth Audio" to stream music wirelessly or if you want to do it through USB, say "USB Audio". Always works for me!
Thanks, I'll try that later tonight!

Bookmarks & Social Networks