How to turn off traction control? S model - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #51
Mucrammada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91537
What I Drive: 2013 Limited WRX Hatch, 2011 CTS

FF Reputation: 1 Mucrammada Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscrx View Post
Both my '05 Saab and my '12 Focus SE sport 5MT let me spin tires in first gear even with the TCS enabled. I would have to be spinning for a good bit before the TCS started applying the brakes and reducing power. Has anybody with a '12 model actually gotten stuck because their TCS wouldn't let them move?

Posted via FF Mobile
I know this is late, but, I was in this stupid situation...
Official Mayo Hater #5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #52
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
On the base model just put the car in "L" Low
Will do the trick in ice and snow
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #53
dewie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102023
What I Drive: 2012, focus s

FF Reputation: 1 dewie Good Standing Member
Angry winter in a S

Not fun at all to drive this car in the winter wonderland up in northern alberta canada!
Absolutely bogus this can't be turned off! I have complained many times about this, i can't even drive 60 km/ on a gravel road. not pleased with it at all
All that low does is put the trans into a lower gear!
try driving in a foot and a half of snow!
And ice hah don't even think about it.
i grew up in -40c in the northwest territories, this car wouldn't last a week in that .
i think the best way to get the trac control to work good is to total it!
THE CAR I MEAN!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #54
slow3v
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101709
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SE MTX

FF Reputation: 1 slow3v Good Standing Member
I know once winter time hits, one of these times we're going to get some good snowfall and I'm going to.. A. want to find out the true nature/balance of the car and B. have some fun.

...and the ABS fuse is coming out, rofl. I've been half tempted already even with 500mi on the car, I know it has a good amount of lift-off oversteer for a production modern FWD car but having ESC kick in every time the fun begins is :(
Old 08-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #55
dewie
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102023
What I Drive: 2012, focus s

FF Reputation: 1 dewie Good Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile... ok i got the fuse out and no trac or abs, all i did was put a switch with fuse inline.
i wouldn't advise that you cut wires for you abs, if you get into an accident and the inspectors see that you have
cut wires migh not be good!
Trans still doesn't like to spin out very well stil!l but at least you can get some smoke!!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 AM   #56
MetalMuffins
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107135
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 MetalMuffins Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Manual Override

Hey, sort of digging this back up from the dead

I was out driving after a snow "storm" we had today and was testing the ESC / TCS. I was playing with lift off oversteer, and was honestly annoyed by the computer trying to jump in and save the day.

I want to rig up a manual override for the systems as I plan on tracking my car in the summer, and don't want the same thing happening. Has anyone actually rigged up a system like this on one of the MK3 foci?

I will most likely install single switch in the cabin that is connected to the F19 terminals with an in-line fuse. I just wanted to see if it has been done before.

PS, I will try to make a "HOW TO" when doing this on my car.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #57
Supramk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96347
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S 31.01.2012 BD

FF Reputation: 3 Supramk3 Good Standing Member
I would like to chime in on this, being as I live in north idaho and I have an S model with a 5spd. I installed 205/65R15 studded snow tires and the last couple of weeks have been horrible with snow and ice. The traction control on this car is absolutely overly aggressive and downright annoying. it actually causes me to become stuck constantly unless i stay in 1st gear where i can somewhat keep the rpms up. who wants to drive around at 5mph!!!! Ford has fallen on its face and dropped the balls with several things on this car, and this is definitely one of them. I will be trading this car in, in a few years when I can actually do so with a finance company not requiring a high interest rate n high payment. I love this car and the mpgs. but for me its too small, and the too many things I just can not stand.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #58
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 9 Shade-010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supramk3 View Post
I would like to chime in on this, being as I live in north idaho and I have an S model with a 5spd. I installed 205/65R15 studded snow tires and the last couple of weeks have been horrible with snow and ice. The traction control on this car is absolutely overly aggressive and downright annoying. it actually causes me to become stuck constantly unless i stay in 1st gear where i can somewhat keep the rpms up. who wants to drive around at 5mph!!!! Ford has fallen on its face and dropped the balls with several things on this car, and this is definitely one of them. I will be trading this car in, in a few years when I can actually do so with a finance company not requiring a high interest rate n high payment. I love this car and the mpgs. but for me its too small, and the too many things I just can not stand.
Thats why ya fork out a few extra duckets and get the SE, where you can TURN OFF the T/C
http://www.rebeldevil.com
Old 12-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #59
JL330
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99616
What I Drive: 2012 silver focus S

FF Reputation: 1 JL330 Good Standing Member
Has anybody actually wired up a switch for this yet? I'm going to wire one into the fuse box because we're under blizzard warning and I'm an hour from home.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #60
Supramk3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96347
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S 31.01.2012 BD

FF Reputation: 3 Supramk3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
Thats why ya fork out a few extra duckets and get the SE, where you can TURN OFF the T/C
I went with what my credit allowed and what my pocket allowed. I have bills ya know.

Sent from the HO KID network using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks