mustang V6? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
focus_kid_89
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45745
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 11 focus_kid_89 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
mustang V6?

just wondering but would it be possible to do a mustand v6 and rwd conversion to the focus?...no intention on doing this(yet) but if i ever get the money i would love to do it...things i would relay like to know.
1. would wiring be a big issue?
2.what year mustang would be best?
3.would it fit?
4. is it a wast of time and i shouldn't even have thought abut doing it?

any other input would be great.

thanks,
Nick

Zetec Crew #264 H.B. Lover #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblackout View Post
not trying to be a dick, but i'm tired of putting up with everyones opinions. its my car, ill style it how I like. If you dont like that, just click next thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
mpsii
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45176
What I Drive: 2003 Dark Shadow Grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 49 mpsii Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I would think that you could do this with the Kugel Komponents V8 kit, with the exception of the motor mounts and/or the oil pan. I don't know for sure and would love to know.

especially the newer 4.0L V6... I just read an article on the supercharger they make for it and like the idea of bolt on 300rwhp.
Zetec Crew #137 / Boosted Crew #88
2003 Liquid Grey ZX5 SES - see profile for pics

Old 09-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
focus_kid_89
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45745
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 11 focus_kid_89 Great Standing Member
That's another reason i want to know about it...you can get a lot of HP out of them.
Zetec Crew #264 H.B. Lover #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblackout View Post
not trying to be a dick, but i'm tired of putting up with everyones opinions. its my car, ill style it how I like. If you dont like that, just click next thread.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
chiefhighliner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70232
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Mustang V-6

FF Reputation: 2 chiefhighliner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've never heard of anyone trying this, let alone actually doing it. What makes the Focus handle like it does is, in fact, the front wheel drive. To my knowledge there is no way to install a rear-wheel driveshaft on a Focus. The entire car would have to be redesigned.

On a side note, once I learned that the new 6-speed automatic transmissions in the Mustang were being made in China, that got me to rethink about getting a new Mustang or any rear wheel drive car for that matter. Unless I can find one where the transmission is made in France or Germany like they used to be. Sometimes change ain't good.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #5
ah1f39
Alone in the Cave

Fan#: 70006
What I Drive: 2000 Explorer 4x4

FF Reputation: 28 ah1f39 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefhighliner View Post
I've never heard of anyone trying this, let alone actually doing it. What makes the Focus handle like it does is, in fact, the front wheel drive. To my knowledge there is no way to install a rear-wheel driveshaft on a Focus. The entire car would have to be redesigned.

On a side note, once I learned that the new 6-speed automatic transmissions in the Mustang were being made in China, that got me to rethink about getting a new Mustang or any rear wheel drive car for that matter. Unless I can find one where the transmission is made in France or Germany like they used to be. Sometimes change ain't good.
You need to do some research. There are MANY Focuses that have been converted to RWD. All that I have seen were v8s.

There is really no point to doing a v6 conversion. Depending on the year and version of the v6, the i4s in the Focus can match the power with less cost and labor. Only in the last few years did Fords v6s start making real power, 200+hp.

Last edited by ah1f39; 12-22-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefhighliner View Post

Who the hell gets an auto in a performance car in the first place?
And you'd be hard pressed, no matter where the tranny is built, not to find some foreign (chinese, korean, etc) parts in it. Whens the last time you opened the hood on a car? sheesh! parts from all over the place.

And since it seems everyone has the internet but is too lazy to look... 2011 on up v6 mustang is 305hp/280tq. a 2010 v8 4.6 gt mustang was 315hp...

And why the hell did someone resurrect a thread from 08???????????????????????????????

Bookmarks & Social Networks