A/F Ratio Guage Questions - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Not completely worthless... its like having a dummy oil pressure light that only lights up if to high it low vs having an actual swept gauge. Just depends on the level of information you want. Since a wide band is not all that much more than a narrow band it would be pointless to buy a narrow band, but not if it was give to you or was dirt cheap.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Correct Narrow brands are pointless for anything but a flashing light , they will give you no useable information at all

To say you don't want a tune because you want to "go legit" but your CAI and your exhaust unless you have CARB stickers for them would make you non carb legal

The best thing you can do is a tune this way you can read your voltage , rpm , and hundreds of other things you haven't thought about , also add a wide band air fuel and bring all your mods together for the performance you added them for

There is no way for any state to know through any inspection that you have anything but a stock tune in your car , They cannot see you added a tune, Ford Dealer cannot even tell if you gave them your ECU

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Guess I won't say anything else about the narrowband.

wideband is nice because you can just replace the front 02 with the wideband and it has an option to output as the stock sensor while also displaying your afr.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 12-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I would do the front o2 and the wideband as dedicated units not connecting the 2

The front o2 sensor under WOT will show the commanded WOT base fuel which conflicks with what the actual air fuel is

This is why a narrow band is worthless because the air fuel is shows under wide open throttle is the commanded air fuel in the base fuel table in the tune even stock NOT what the actual air fuel is

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 12-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #15
Andrews-bad-SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100389
What I Drive: 2003 Arizona Beige SE 4dr Zetec/ATX

FF Reputation: 3 Andrews-bad-SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
My exhaust and CAI are "49 state" legal. For MO (where i am) and OH (where im moving), theyre acceptable. I just want to avoid having to cheat the emissions testing. It's my daily, but i still would like to do a few cool things to it and stay straight-up legal (at least until i make a few new friends at my new job ;) ) lol. Thanks for all your help guys, A/F ratio monitoring is something im not very familiar with at all. The input is very appreciated!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->