2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 62 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #611
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dear Cory, dealer contacted me now and said its all normal from Fords words. And he faxed me letter which saying some noise is normal(barely noticeable). At the first he agreed with me that something wrong, cause he test drove it first. Now he trying to bounce back, by saying I have a letter from ford which states its normal operation. Letter without official letterhead or any signatures from service engineers. My gut feeling that they just don't want to do a repair. This time I will be taking legal actions, I had enought of this crap. Excuse my language, but I had with this car. So my understanding is who don't have any symptoms and car drives smooth and quete, is DRIVING BAD/With broken transmission car???!!!!! I guess lets see how they respond to that at the hearing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #612
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106372
What I Drive: 2012 WHITE SE, HATCH

FF Reputation: 1 YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE Good Standing Member
Wow! Wow! What a difference

Yappy here and Happy Holidays...

Ysteven, I sorry to hear about what your dealer is up to. Maybe you can ask the Ford Rep here on the board for their assistance. I started with Ms. Crystal, then now its Cory,now its Devvy??. They really can help and do wonders. Ms. Crystal forward my problems to the Regional Customer Service Manager for my region and Cory continue to follow up on my case. I went thru three Customer Managers for my region. The first two FORD Customer Manager listen to my concern but to me they did not hear me. They were there to earn their paycheck ( Sorry I have to say it ), but the third Ford Customer Service manager was totally different. I have been in Logistics and Customer service for over 45 years ( 23yrs in the NAVY-retired) and still currently working on the same field working for the government. You can tell
he is willing to help, understand your concern and will do all he can to satify the customer. I know he is also there for a pay check but not only that..You can tell from speaking to him That he's there to provide customer service to FORD owners. ( Thank You so much " DENNIS " for all your help, You have provided me with an outstanding " EPITOME of Excellence " In customer service ). There should be more of him, Ford should make him as a team leader. .

I apologized if I just now logged in to this site and give you guys an update about my Concerns on my 2012 Ford Focus.

WOW!WOW!WOW!..I can not believe it..DAY and night difference.
I was having fun again driving my Focus since the fix. DRIVING TO AND FROM WORK 110 MILES A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK. I can not believe it.
No more rattling, vibration, smooth shifting, no more BRRRR!! between up shift and down shift... The second FORD dealer fixed my car. Today is the third day and so far so good no problem at all.

The first dealer that I took my car is like the only dealership in that small town.
The second dealer where I had a second opinion is more like in a big city and they do volume sales and rank number -1 with the word of mouth and they know what they are doing and has more than one mechanic..HA! HA! LOL!!!

They end up replacing my oil seal,clutch assembly,retainer bearing,bearing.

So far so good. Like Mr. Cassandra said. You also have to be pro-active..

I am so glad that I took "Dennis" offer for a second opinion.

I am very gratefull to all the Ford Customer Rep that helps every one on the website. ( You guy's Rock!!!!)
Thank You for all your assistance ( MS. Crystal, Cory, Devvy) and all the regional FORD customer Service manager that made my 2012 FORD Focus whole again...

Thank You . HAPPY Holidays to all.

Yappy.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #613
wkumtrider
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105044
What I Drive: 2012 Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 wkumtrider Good Standing Member
So who is the Service Rep on this board now? I was dealing with Cory. Has he been replaced?

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #614
vacman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107472
What I Drive: '13 5M white Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 vacman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Iím the ďblokeĒ on the boards now, devvy. I have your contact details from before, so shoot me a PM with your current mileage and Iíll lend a hand.

Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkumtrider View Post
So who is the Service Rep on this board now? I was dealing with Cory. Has he been replaced?

Thanks!
Looks to me like Cory was just replying to a user here named devvy and it was taken out of context.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using FF Mobile
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #615
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Dear Cory, dealer contacted me now and said its all normal from Fords words...
Ysteven,

I sent you a follow-up PM; please see your inbox for the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE View Post
...I am very gratefull to all the Ford Customer Rep that helps every one on the website. ( You guy's Rock!!!!)
Thank You for all your assistance ( MS. Crystal, Cory...) and all the regional FORD customer Service manager that made my 2012 FORD Focus whole again......
You got it, Yappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkumtrider View Post
...I was dealing with Cory. Has he been replaced? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacman View Post
Looks to me like Cory was just replying to a user here named devvy and it was taken out of context...
wkumtrider,

Nope, Iím still here! vacman hit it on the nose (thanks for helping to clarify, vacman!).

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #616
MR.MIKE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107503
What I Drive: 2009 red focus

FF Reputation: 1 MR.MIKE Good Standing Member
Question Hopefully mine is fixed!!!

Took it to dealer and got same response. Trans needs to break in. My daughter drives the car all the time and she has brought it to me and I drove it without any problems. She could not believe it did not act up for me. The day before her appointment at the dealership, she asked me to ride with her for the day. Under normal driving conditions, after about 20 miles, it started a bad shudder at low speed ranges and under a pull (uphill for instance). When we returned home, I called the dealership and explained the drivability conditions and they ended up replacing the clutches. However, a three day job turned into two weeks. And they ended up breaking the speed sensor and having to replace it in the process. Car has only 10,000 on it. I'll let you know in another 10,000 if they fixed it.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #617
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE View Post
Yappy here and Happy Holidays...

Ysteven, I sorry to hear about what your dealer is up to. Maybe you can ask the Ford Rep here on the board for their assistance. I started with Ms. Crystal, then now its Cory,now its Devvy??. They really can help and do wonders. Ms. Crystal forward my problems to the Regional Customer Service Manager for my region and Cory continue to follow up on my case. I went thru three Customer Managers for my region. The first two FORD Customer Manager listen to my concern but to me they did not hear me. They were there to earn their paycheck ( Sorry I have to say it ), but the third Ford Customer Service manager was totally different. I have been in Logistics and Customer service for over 45 years ( 23yrs in the NAVY-retired) and still currently working on the same field working for the government. You can tell
he is willing to help, understand your concern and will do all he can to satify the customer. I know he is also there for a pay check but not only that..You can tell from speaking to him That he's there to provide customer service to FORD owners. ( Thank You so much " DENNIS " for all your help, You have provided me with an outstanding " EPITOME of Excellence " In customer service ). There should be more of him, Ford should make him as a team leader. .

I apologized if I just now logged in to this site and give you guys an update about my Concerns on my 2012 Ford Focus.

WOW!WOW!WOW!..I can not believe it..DAY and night difference.
I was having fun again driving my Focus since the fix. DRIVING TO AND FROM WORK 110 MILES A DAY 5 DAYS A WEEK. I can not believe it.
No more rattling, vibration, smooth shifting, no more BRRRR!! between up shift and down shift... The second FORD dealer fixed my car. Today is the third day and so far so good no problem at all.

The first dealer that I took my car is like the only dealership in that small town.
The second dealer where I had a second opinion is more like in a big city and they do volume sales and rank number -1 with the word of mouth and they know what they are doing and has more than one mechanic..HA! HA! LOL!!!

They end up replacing my oil seal,clutch assembly,retainer bearing,bearing.

So far so good. Like Mr. Cassandra said. You also have to be pro-active..

I am so glad that I took "Dennis" offer for a second opinion.

I am very gratefull to all the Ford Customer Rep that helps every one on the website. ( You guy's Rock!!!!)
Thank You for all your assistance ( MS. Crystal, Cory, Devvy) and all the regional FORD customer Service manager that made my 2012 FORD Focus whole again...

Thank You . HAPPY Holidays to all.

Yappy.
Thank you for your sympathy. I don't want rain on anybody's parade during this holidays. Just don't understand why I should be mad at them when we all should be happy during this holidays.
I guess when Dealer don't want to repair it for Second time they will say you IT'S NORMAL, I have same thing like first time, why it wasn't Normal then???:-))
Not like other strugglers on this forum I am even willing to split the cost for repairs. Cause Ford uses private contractors as trans guys. Maybe it was just my case.
Anyway YOUR Car IS NOT NORMAL, since you don't have rattling and shudder.:-)) From my dealers words.
My is shudders, grinds, rattling sound, wrong shift schedule IS NoRMAL.

Customer service did contact me, but seems we can't all agree to repair NEW NORMAL. I appreciate they putting effort to help me, but maybe they also have to help dealership too.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #618
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
My car has been at the dealership for nearly 2 weeks, the clutches are being replaced (TSB 11-12-13). I've owned this car for over 2 months and it has been at the dealership 4 times now. It has spent more time it seems on Ford property than my own property/driveway. I'm supposed to get it back today.

I called the Ford sales department yesterday and told them that I wanted to sell the car back to them/Ford. Told them to go have a look at it since it was there and let me know how much they would give me. I meet them this afternoon when I pick the car up to discuss numbers.

I've lost all patience with this car, first time I've ever had buyer's remorse. Had I known like revhigh said in another thread to another member all this crap about the Focus, I never would have bought it, my fault. I used to love the look of the car and the lay out and all it's features, it made it bearable to deal with it. But now, the issues have gone on too long and I look at the car and want to kick it or drive it into a wall, it's now "ugly".

I pass other Focus owners on the road and feel sorry for them and wonder if they are experiencing the DCT issues. I want to stop them and ask and if they say yes, than hold them and hug them and be each other's support or take bats to our cars....... Sorry, that was crazy Focus talk, I'll stop now.

Anyway, I'm bailing, I can't take this car anymore. I loved my 1998 Ford F150, it was a damn good truck that just wouldn't die and had nearly 400,000kms on it when I sold it to a peach farmer. I miss that truck......
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #619
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
My car has been at the dealership for nearly 2 weeks, the clutches are being replaced (TSB 11-12-13). I've owned this car for over 2 months and it has been at the dealership 4 times now. It has spent more time it seems on Ford property than my own property/driveway. I'm supposed to get it back today.

I called the Ford sales department yesterday and told them that I wanted to sell the car back to them/Ford. Told them to go have a look at it since it was there and let me know how much they would give me. I meet them this afternoon when I pick the car up to discuss numbers.

I've lost all patience with this car, first time I've ever had buyer's remorse. Had I known like revhigh said in another thread to another member all this crap about the Focus, I never would have bought it, my fault. I used to love the look of the car and the lay out and all it's features, it made it bearable to deal with it. But now, the issues have gone on too long and I look at the car and want to kick it or drive it into a wall, it's now "ugly".

I pass other Focus owners on the road and feel sorry for them and wonder if they are experiencing the DCT issues. I want to stop them and ask and if they say yes, than hold them and hug them and be each other's support or take bats to our cars....... Sorry, that was crazy Focus talk, I'll stop now.

Anyway, I'm bailing, I can't take this car anymore. I loved my 1998 Ford F150, it was a damn good truck that just wouldn't die and had nearly 400,000kms on it when I sold it to a peach farmer. I miss that truck......
These things are fixable. You may want to see how the new clutches work before you pull the plug. If all of your problems have been DCT-related, new clutches could make everything right again.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #620
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.MIKE View Post
...Under normal driving conditions, after about 20 miles, it started a bad shudder at low speed ranges and under a pull (uphill for instance). When we returned home, I called the dealership and explained the drivability conditions and they ended up replacing the clutches...
MR.MIKE,

Iím reaching out to be sure itís still driving well since the last visit to the dealer. Please donít hesitate to get a hold of me if you want my help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Thank you for your sympathy. I don't want rain on anybody's parade during this holidays...
Iím doing all I can to get this looked into, Ysteven. I shot you another follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
...It has spent more time it seems on Ford property than my own property/driveway. I'm supposed to get it back today...
SportyChick,

I wanted to check in with you after you got your ride back. Please let me know.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks