Retrofitting Guide - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98263
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlateTheGreat View Post
yessssss i've been wanting a comprehensive guide lol my eagle eyes are bothering me a bit after 4 years of 55w use lol
I will make a very detailed guide since multiple people are interested. I know it's been done but I will take lots more pictures. The fun starts tomorrow!

Looks like the projectors will be here tomorrow too. Hopefully the other headlight comes before the weekend
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107386
What I Drive: 2011 Black Ford Focus SE 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 TMDJ5 Good Standing Member
Looks pretty tight. I wish I'd of thought of this when I removed the lens for the first time. I baked my headlight a few weeks ago to paint the chrome bezel black. But I can tell you confidently that I wont be removing the lens' a second time. Too much work.

Really cool look though.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMDJ5 View Post
Looks pretty tight. I wish I'd of thought of this when I removed the lens for the first time. I baked my headlight a few weeks ago to paint the chrome bezel black. But I can tell you confidently that I wont be removing the lens' a second time. Too much work.

Really cool look though.
I made a new guide on doing it. Why won't you open them again?
What did you reseal them with? If you seal them with butyl (shown in my guide) they are wicked easy to reopen!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #14
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

I resealed them with RTV. The stock silicon was an absolute b* to bake, pry open, reseal. Also sort of warped the outter orange reflector on the second light. Feel like I kind of dodged a bullet the first time.

Now I'm considering night shading the rear tail lights cause I've read they're really hard to open the lens. But I'm kind of torn because if I tint the rear then I have to tint the headlights too, basically mooting all of the headlight work I did in the first place. Bit of a jam.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #15
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
I resealed them with RTV. The stock silicon was an absolute b* to bake, pry open, reseal. Also sort of warped the outter orange reflector on the second light. Feel like I kind of dodged a bullet the first time.

Now I'm considering night shading the rear tail lights cause I've read they're really hard to open the lens. But I'm kind of torn because if I tint the rear then I have to tint the headlights too, basically mooting all of the headlight work I did in the first place. Bit of a jam.
You should have sealed with Butyl, but rtv won't be as bad as the original permaseal.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
You should have sealed with Butyl, but rtv won't be as bad as the original permaseal.
Do you know/heard of any way to open the tail lights?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Do you know/heard of any way to open the tail lights?
I would have to look at them but I would assume they are sealed with the same stuff

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.