Review: FSWERKS SCT tune for ST. I love IT!! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

Points 558, Level 11
Points: 558, Level: 11 Points: 558, Level: 11 Points: 558, Level: 11
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
UPS dropped off my new FSW/SCTTuner about 1620 hours. Read over the quick start guide, went out to the car, plugged it in and followed the instructions in the QG.

About two or three steps into the tuner's routine it tries to read the parameters of the stock ECU settings. Got two failure to read prompts in a row. Unplugged the tuner from my OBD port and reconnected it (anyone else planning to do this upgrade take note, it takes a FIRM press to plug the device into the OBD port---be sure and get it in straight as I imagine the pins could be bent in the tuner side of the connection; given the amount of effort it took to get mine to seat fully). Went OK on the third attempt; as soon as the tuner read the stock ECU parameters, all my dashboard lights came on and there was a whole bunch of clicking and whirring going on inside the dash. Got the prompt on the Tuner's display it was uploading/installing the new ECU settings. NOTE: Several times during the routine I got prompts to "turn key on" or "turn key off". Not really something I could do with a keyless/ dashboard start/stop button type of ignition. I just ignored the prompts and went to the next step. I had no problems!

Starts and idles fine, stock driveability; pulls slightly harder across the rev range (based on my highly developed and sensitive seat of the pants dyno ). Did an eighteen mileish freeway drive, took the back roads home, and some around the village start/stop driving for a maiden FSW cruise. No problems.............and I'm very interested to see if the improved mileage appears over the next few drives.

Best of all? No smoke, coming from behind the dash; resulting in an all consuming inferno!

BTW: Randy at FSW included the 91 octane settings with my device also. Can't always get 93 here in the sticks! Thanks very much!!!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
Slammed_2.0
Boosted HB.

Fan#: 84306
What I Drive: 2013 TB ST

Points 6,542, Level 52
Points: 6,542, Level: 52 Points: 6,542, Level: 52 Points: 6,542, Level: 52
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 20 Slammed_2.0 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Soon Felix, gotta get out the army... i have less than a year
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
erogers10287
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101431
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 2 erogers10287 Good Standing Member
Going back and fourth between the SCT and the Cobb tune...What are the main differences (besides price)?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
Slammed_2.0
Boosted HB.

Fan#: 84306
What I Drive: 2013 TB ST

Points 6,542, Level 52
Points: 6,542, Level: 52 Points: 6,542, Level: 52 Points: 6,542, Level: 52
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 20 Slammed_2.0 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Since You've bumped this, lately Ive been getting around 25-26 MPG driving around Post which the fastest speed is only 40 MPH.

Thanks again FSWERKS. This will pay for itself in the long run
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
kirkus8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72303
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx3 se

FF Reputation: 1 kirkus8 Good Standing Member
Do tunes ruin warranties? What about other mods?
Hatch nation #54
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
drunkyoda
Hmmmmm

Fan#: 65151
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black LX

Points 13,451, Level 75
Points: 13,451, Level: 75 Points: 13,451, Level: 75 Points: 13,451, Level: 75
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 drunkyoda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
yes tunes ruin warranties. idk if there is a way to completely clear it so they cant see it anymore. from what i have heard they can still see that you have tuned it after you go back to stock.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Before and after dynos...?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
acbauza
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104447
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 acbauza Good Standing Member
I bought this tune and was nervous as I know of a few who melted their STI engines with tunes. Anyway, this isn't an STI and Ford did a great job with the engine. I bought my tune with the 93 octane option and immediately noticed the car is different. I took the car to the track last October as I am an instructor with the BMW club and surprised a number of people with how fast the car was stock.

Now it has the tune with the rev limit @ 6200rpm and a green line filter along with a Steeda rsb. I took it the other weekend to Summit Point and WOW! I pulled on many Bimmers and some Porsches in the straights, but because I didn't have R-Comps and brake pads I had to give a few point bys. Many though inquired what I had done and they all were stunned. I love the tune and would love to know what it outputs on the dyno, but first I need new pads as I destroyed the OEM pads with 8800 miles. Yep. You read that right. 8800 miles and it needs front brakes. Summit Point is notoriously hard on them.

My friend has a Mustang Dyno and plenty of tuning experience, so we'll see what we can squeeze out of it. Overall the FSWerks tune is just what the Dr ordered.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
chaz493
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12862
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST2

Points 1,022, Level 17
Points: 1,022, Level: 17 Points: 1,022, Level: 17 Points: 1,022, Level: 17
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 chaz493 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkyoda View Post
yes tunes ruin warranties. idk if there is a way to completely clear it so they cant see it anymore. from what i have heard they can still see that you have tuned it after you go back to stock.
Tunes CAN ruin warranties if its ruled that it cause the failure but having a tune does not simply ruin the warranty. The tune can be removed, and no dealer has the equipment to tell if you have tuned your car if you flash it back to stock before you take it in for work/warranty work. if your ECU was sent to ford then yes, they may be able to see it was tuned at some point, but with the tools available at dealerships there is no way to tell as long as you have removed the tune before taking the car in.

If you are SMART, then having a tune is fine and you shouldnt have issues.
But if you show up at the dealership with your tune on the car and the flasher in your glovebox then yes, its a possibility they could deny coverage on issues. Even then, they have to prove that it caused the failure/problem
Previous :2005 Blue Saleen focus #31- TRADED
Current :2013 Performance blue Focus ST2
Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
FLGSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62607
What I Drive: 2012 Mustang 5.0 prem

FF Reputation: 1 FLGSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If the ST is anything like the the 2011 and newer mustang then they have a flash counter and they log if the car has extra flashes.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.