PTS Remote start from OEM Fob - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 AM   #61
revnull
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95972
What I Drive: 2012 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 revnull Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi SaToX,

Looking at the type 2 install for my 2012 SEL, I'm still a bit confused. In addition to the DB-ALL and the XKLOADER2, will I also need a "smartstart" module? The "Vehicle Application Guide" section on page 2 of the install guide seems to refer to the remote start functions only being available via the "D" (Data-to-Data) port of the DB-ALL. Confusingly, there also seems to be Wire-to-Wire connections to start/ignition directly on the DB-ALL 14-pin and 12-pin connectors.

My Shopping list currently contains:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047Q9AXG/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001XTZBHO/

Thanks in advance!
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #62
SaToX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94321
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 SaToX Good Standing Member
I believe what they are saying towards the Data-to-Data on the 3 x lock is that there is no manual input to trigger it. Only reads it through the data of the car.

Sorry not to sure on what you are asking about on the Start / Ignition connections. I do see that the Gray feeds back the the Yellow/Red through a diode to prevent feedback?

Your shopping list is complete, you don't need a Smart start module. That is optional if you want to be able to start you car with your phone once you have installed the unit. ( Mind you there is subscription fees with smartstart)
Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #63
revnull
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaToX View Post
I believe what they are saying towards the Data-to-Data on the 3 x lock is that there is no manual input to trigger it. Only reads it through the data of the car.
I think I understand. The DB-ALL is listening on the HSCAN for the 3xlock to trigger the start?

Quote:
Sorry not to sure on what you are asking about on the Start / Ignition connections. I do see that the Gray feeds back the the Yellow/Red through a diode to prevent feedback?
At the time I was thinking that if I needed a separate start module, why would the DB-ALL have wires to the ignition? I think I get it now.

Side question... does the DB-ALL typically come with the protection diodes and 12v relay or will I have to source those separately?

Quote:
Your shopping list is complete, you don't need a Smart start module. That is optional if you want to be able to start you car with your phone once you have installed the unit. ( Mind you there is subscription fees with smartstart)
Very cool! I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. Maybe even document the process and post it here.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #64
SaToX
Focus Enthusiast

You have to hook it up to start and ignition because it turns those circuts on when the car goes to start.

No the DBALL does not come with the diodes, relay or fuses you will have to source those out. Radio shack most likely or any electronics repair shop
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #65
alfack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91684
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium sedan

Points 236, Level 4
Points: 236, Level: 4 Points: 236, Level: 4 Points: 236, Level: 4
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 alfack Good Standing Member
Thanks for the tip. I did it today. Works like a charm! :)

I had a friend that works at car toys flash the firmware, but didn't realize you would need to plug it back into the computer to program part 2, so I ordered the cable and created an account at idatalink.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #66
SaToX
Focus Enthusiast

Yea the two part programming and having to create an account with Idatalink is the down side, but still nice to have :) I've been loving it all this week with our weather we've been having.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #67
alfack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91684
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium sedan

Points 236, Level 4
Points: 236, Level: 4 Points: 236, Level: 4 Points: 236, Level: 4
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 alfack Good Standing Member
Does one of the programming options prevent the motor from turning off when you open the door? If so, it's not intuitive to me which one it is. Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #68
cougardave
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93864
What I Drive: 2012 sterling grey titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cougardave Good Standing Member
I tried a couple of things but couldn't get it to not shut off either. Any insight if it is possible or not would be great.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #69
cougardave
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93864
What I Drive: 2012 sterling grey titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cougardave Good Standing Member
I just noticed that the one touch windows have stopped working since install. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #70
revnull
Focus Rookie

Quote:
You have to hook it up to start and ignition because it turns those circuts on when the car goes to start.

No the DBALL does not come with the diodes, relay or fuses you will have to source those out. Radio shack most likely or any electronics repair shop
While waiting for a clear day to install, I stopped by the Radio Shack and picked up the following. If you don't mind, can you please confirm that I have the correct parts?

12VDC SPST Relay:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3020762

6amp Rectifier Diode:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062591

As always, thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.