Who's got an ST? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
Macky21
Focus Addict

Fan#: 75644
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

FF Reputation: 3 Macky21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkness03 View Post
im curious how much it might cost to buy a set of the new HID lamps for the ST if yours didnt come with them...
According to the Ford parts site, they're currently $1790.92 per assembly. $3581.84 for a set
Hatch Nation #116
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
TheDarkness03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67488
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST2

FF Reputation: 1 TheDarkness03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky21 View Post
According to the Ford parts site, they're currently $1790.92 per assembly. $3581.84 for a set

good lord...maybe someone with an ST3 wont like them and trade em to me

2003 Screaming Yellow SVTF (EAP) - SOLD
2003 Dark Shadow Grey SVT COBRA - SOLD
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #23
Macky21
Focus Addict

Fan#: 75644
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

FF Reputation: 3 Macky21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I didn't want them bad enough to spend the extra for the ST3, but I imagine I'll get them some day. I really want the LED tail lights though.
Hatch Nation #116
Old 11-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #24
aernan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105907
What I Drive: 2013 performance blue ST3

FF Reputation: 2 aernan Good Standing Member
I have the ST3 package. The HID lights are very nice. The cornering lights which I'm assuming are the fog lights are a different color temperature and look odd but work well. I would really like to get some actual cornering lights (rally lights) that I could point up for driving in the hills at night.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
TheDarkness03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67488
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST2

FF Reputation: 1 TheDarkness03 Good Standing Member
ill probably just end up throwing a set of silverstars in them for now till i decide to go HID's. the low beams are just awful...

2003 Screaming Yellow SVTF (EAP) - SOLD
2003 Dark Shadow Grey SVT COBRA - SOLD
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #26
sleepin 4.6
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 64658
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX4 SES/ 99 Cobra/ ST

FF Reputation: 1 sleepin 4.6 Good Standing Member
I love my ST3. There is nothing I regret purchasing on the car.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Bought my black ST2 on Nov 26; I'm averaging 25.2 MPG as I approach 1000 miles. Threw a set of 17 x 7.5 Sport Edition rims with 215/45R/17 General Altimax Arctic snows on it (Tire Rack via local tire store) for the winter months. Had the dealer swap those out before I left with the car; be interesting to get some real seat time with the stock 18" rims and summer tires on it next year after the snow and cold are gone. Got 6 + inches of snow the other day.........drives fine in it and the minimal road ice we've had. Replaced the stock carpet floor mats with the Husky molded floor liners I had in my SE. Took it in to a local auto detailer shop that first week and had a good coat of wax put on it for the winter months (looked good for about a day ).

Got the rattle up by the sunglasses storage (had that at about 5 months with the SE/Spt I traded on the ST--starting to wonder if that's a common thing with Foci), which needs dealer attention, and I ditched the stock headlight & fog bulbs for the set of Luminix Ti White bulbs I had in the SE (VERY pleased with them). Seats look great; at 6' 2"--175 lbs; I'm not real bulky and I think the seats (not the backs) are too bleeping narrow......they need to be 3/4" wider.

Turns out I like the touch screen thing better than I thought I would (I've always been sneeringly dismissive of them). It's easier to adjust than the mechanical controls; though it looks like * after a few miles from all the finger tip smears........had to invest in more Wal Mart lens cleaner! I liked the stock 6 speaker stereo and CD/radio in my SE, however the Sony 10 spkr system in the ST is an upgrade you can hear!

The motor is much stronger from the ground up than the base 2.0 in my SE. Owned a 2003 WRX a few years ago, had a turbo back exhaust, CAI, and piggy back ECU chip, and mechanical single stage boost controller (set at 16 PSI) on that. The ST's power production is very reminiscent of that. AND........I ordered an FSWerks SCT yesterday................be interesting to see how the ST feels after I reflash my ECU!

Oh yea...............hatches are still ugly pieces of * (sorry, I just like sedans/coupes better); wish the ST was available as a sedan! The the ST ground effects do mitigate the boxy hatch appearance somewhat. The trunk space in the hatch is less useful than the standard trunk on my SE sedan (obviously the hatch has much more room with the R seats folded).
Old 12-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100660
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST2. '12 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 WhiteTite Good Standing Member
We decided to ditch the Expedition for something that gets better fuel economy for the wife to commute in. So, I came up with the perfect solution, a Focus Titanium. Well since we already had one of those that I was driving as a DD...I bought this and gave the Ti to the wifey...not exactly sure this is what she had in mind, but works for me!

'13 ST2 sunroof Nav
Old 12-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103155
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member

I have a Performance Blue ST3 with a Moonroof. Great car except I had the MFT go dark after cleaning the the interior. Eventually, I got the screen to come back on but I wonder if I somehow dimmed it when I was cleaning. Odd! Other than that its a fun car.

Last edited by Flybigrc; 12-17-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Add Picture
Old 12-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #30
DinDan306
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88818
What I Drive: 2010 Black Focus SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 DinDan306 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTite View Post
We decided to ditch the Expedition for something that gets better fuel economy for the wife to commute in. So, I came up with the perfect solution, a Focus Titanium. Well since we already had one of those that I was driving as a DD...I bought this and gave the Ti to the wifey...not exactly sure this is what she had in mind, but works for me!

'13 ST2 sunroof Nav
Hahaha. SO much win here.

Bookmarks & Social Networks