TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 28 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #271
wesbronco75
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107009
What I Drive: 2012 Plat. White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wesbronco75 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
Sync Services expires annually and you have to reactivate it on SMR. Just a possiblity.
Yeah, I haven't had to do that yet, purchased car new this past summer. I have been through the ringer with the dealership on this one. I had my salesman set it up initially, it didn't work. I came back 2 days later and spent 30 min. with him doing various things. Finally got a reverse pair to work. It worked good for 2 weeks and then started failing to connect when you say 'services'. I am tired of doing master resets and removing the battery from my phone. been on sync support for hours before and finally got the dealership to have a look at things. They told me that they were going to order a new center console unit and replace mine but then canceled that and had me come in a do a master reset and a fresh clean pair. It worked for 4 days before screwing up again. I don't even use sync services that much (I can;t right now at all) but it sure would be nice for it to work when I needed it. By the way, Vehicle Health Report also fails to upload and I am sure that the auto dial 911 assist would not work either (If I really needed it) SYNC always says call cannot be completed as dialed. Ford blames my phone, Verizon blames HTC, and HTC blames SYNC. But it connects flawlessly sometimes and most of the times does not connect at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #272
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra1969 View Post
Got the car back from the dealer. Yea! Finally got version 3.5.1. Seems to have fixed the issues I had. I will mess with it more this weekend to really test it out.
I installed mine today, from the TSB .pdf link. Went flawlessly, except that the coffee caught up with me about 1/4 through and I had to find a tree to get behind that was close to where I could park my car and let it run - wow, that was a PITA as I was in town at the time.

I ran a system master reset first (don't know if it's necessary but it can't hurt), it took about 45 minutes and then went right to work, I ran a vehicle report and it updated perfectly. On a particularly noisy section of US 101 I called home and my bride reported that the sound was substantially better than last week when I ran a test. Everything I use is working great, my iPhone 3GS (yeah, old school) paired right up and works great on the USB, exactly as advertised.

I'm leery of making subjective "I think it's faster/better/smoother" comments, but I do believe it is marginally better than with 3.0.2 and that means immediate response instead of the momentary pauses between a request and an action - not bad before, I'm a patient guy, but I do like the quicker response now. I like the abbreviated commands, press paddle and say "CNN" and you get the station, no more "Serius", "Say a station name or number" etc. Nice.

I'm not a heavy user, Pandora, bluetooth everything, NetFlix, etc, etc but what I use works a little better now than it worked on 3.0.2, and it was pretty good then.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #273
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra1969 View Post
Finnally got a dealership to update mine to 3.5.1 this Thursday. Hope it fixes my problems. Does anyone actually know what the update fixes?
My calendar was 16 hour off. Clock lost about 10 min every three weeks. Presets buttons would disappear every couple of weeks. And was always a little sluggish.
3.5.1 fix any of these issue?
Hey, Tra1969 -

The following improvements are included in version 3.5.1:
  • Simplified Bluetooth phone pairing.
  • More natural voice recognition.
  • Improved voice recognition accuracy.
  • Simplified navigation controls.

If you're still experiencing issues with your clock after this update, I recommend having your dealership take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedo View Post
Does anyone have an idea of when dealerships were instructed by Ford to upgrade all MFT software for new cars coming off the lot? I saw a post that it was about a week after the TSB was put out but I wasn't sure if anyone had a more detailed date. I bought my car around the 16th of November and I'm running 3.1.3 with an A3 nav card.
Hi, tuxedo -

Our dealerships were notified and advised to update their stock in early November. Software version 3.1.3 is the latest software available for your vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoPP View Post
Hi. Would you share 3.2.2, please? Many thanks and best regards.
Is your Focus equipped with navigation, DiegoPP? The 3.5.1 update is now available on SyncMyRide.com for those without.
The reason for this is 3.5.1 requires a new SD card for the navigation system to function. If you have nav and don't mind waiting, you'll be able to download it and order the SD card in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbronco75 View Post
Yeah, I haven't had to do that yet, purchased car new this past summer. I have been through the ringer with the dealership on this one. I had my salesman set it up initially, it didn't work. I came back 2 days later and spent 30 min. with him doing various things. Finally got a reverse pair to work. It worked good for 2 weeks and then started failing to connect when you say 'services'. I am tired of doing master resets and removing the battery from my phone. been on sync support for hours before and finally got the dealership to have a look at things. They told me that they were going to order a new center console unit and replace mine but then canceled that and had me come in a do a master reset and a fresh clean pair. It worked for 4 days before screwing up again. I don't even use sync services that much (I can;t right now at all) but it sure would be nice for it to work when I needed it. By the way, Vehicle Health Report also fails to upload and I am sure that the auto dial 911 assist would not work either (If I really needed it) SYNC always says call cannot be completed as dialed. Ford blames my phone, Verizon blames HTC, and HTC blames SYNC. But it connects flawlessly sometimes and most of the times does not connect at all
I'd like to look into this further, wesbronco75. Please PM me your VIN so I can look up your case information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
I installed mine today, from the TSB .pdf link. Went flawlessly, except that the coffee caught up with me about 1/4 through and I had to find a tree to get behind that was close to where I could park my car and let it run - wow, that was a PITA as I was in town at the time. I ran a system master reset first (don't know if it's necessary but it can't hurt), it took about 45 minutes and then went right to work, I ran a vehicle report and it updated perfectly. On a particularly noisy section of US 101 I called home and my bride reported that the sound was substantially better than last week when I ran a test. Everything I use is working great, my iPhone 3GS (yeah, old school) paired right up and works great on the USB, exactly as advertised.
I'm leery of making subjective "I think it's faster/better/smoother" comments, but I do believe it is marginally better than with 3.0.2 and that means immediate response instead of the momentary pauses between a request and an action - not bad before, I'm a patient guy, but I do like the quicker response now. I like the abbreviated commands, press paddle and say "CNN" and you get the station, no more "Serius", "Say a station name or number" etc. Nice.
I'm not a heavy user, Pandora, bluetooth everything, NetFlix, etc, etc but what I use works a little better now than it worked on 3.0.2, and it was pretty good then.
LOL, flingwing1969, I'm glad there was a tree around!

Seriously though, I'm happy to hear things are working well and that you've noticed improvements. Thanks for sharing!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #274
bd8134
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105849
What I Drive: FST

FF Reputation: 1 bd8134 Good Standing Member
I just picked up my new ST with navi yesterday. I cannot get text to work on my iPhone with Apple latest updates. I am not successful at get the Check your sync history to work. I used a blank USB stick that loaded the files but when I inserted it into the cars USB it flashed but no files were added or updated that I could see and it complained that no file existed. Is there an idiots guide I can follow, car running etc?
From what syncmyride is saying, I might be running 3.2.2 any other way to check?
I do have an A4 nav sd card.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #275
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
The texting has never worked with iPhone and MFT though right? So I'm in the same boat as you, and everyone with an iPhone. Unless they recently updated that?
Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #276
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonfocus86 View Post
The texting has never worked with iPhone and MFT though right? So I'm in the same boat as you, and everyone with an iPhone. Unless they recently updated that?
As far as I know the texting feature only works on a handful of devices. In other words it seems to be the exception, rather than a rule. I've never gotten it to work with three separate android phones.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #277
DailyPlanet
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89265
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Candy Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 DailyPlanet Good Standing Member
How many are having an issue with the active guidance lines being reset to off every time the car is shut off? Only started happening to me after the update. Already performed master reset and fuse pull.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #278
JayDeZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97919
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 JayDeZ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd8134 View Post
I just picked up my new ST with navi yesterday. I cannot get text to work on my iPhone with Apple latest updates. I am not successful at get the Check your sync history to work. I used a blank USB stick that loaded the files but when I inserted it into the cars USB it flashed but no files were added or updated that I could see and it complained that no file existed. Is there an idiots guide I can follow, car running etc?
From what syncmyride is saying, I might be running 3.2.2 any other way to check?
I do have an A4 nav sd card.
It works best if you reformat the USB drive to FAT32 before running the installer on syncmyride.com. Once you plug it into the car you need to go to the Install Apps screen and just follow the directions.

Quote:
It will work after the update (MFT 3.5.1) for incoming only. After the instal do a master reset. Next delete the pairing from both the MFT and the phone. Do a hard restart on the phone (lock and home button held until you see the apple). Repair. Go the the SYNC profile on your phoen and make sure that "Show Notifications" is set to ON. Hard restart the phone again. Go to the messaging screen and see if it will go into that menu. You can test it by sending yourself a text. You have to be out of the SMS app for the notification to come through to the MFT.

I had to play with mine a bit and play with settings on both MFT and the iphone a bit to get it to work.
- MFT
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #279
bd8134
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105849
What I Drive: FST

FF Reputation: 1 bd8134 Good Standing Member
I had a friend text me as I had been texting with the SMS app open, it does work, even listening to the text worked. He tried with a picture but that came up blank. Even Siri came up through the speakers and microphone. I cant send a text, that fails.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #280
Machinist
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108388
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Machinist Good Standing Member
Do I have the very latest upgrade for my nav???

I just purchased a 2013 SE sport with MFT and navigation last week.

The car had a A3 level card in it, so I took it to the local dealer today to have it upgraded.

Here is what the invoice states (their spelling):

"Check on the navigation - it was not update - it have a3 in the system - did a sync update master reset and reflash the sync - then insall the a4 new navigation map sd card."

I'm not sure that I have the very latest upgrade for my nav because 3.5.1 isn't listed anywhere on the invoice - just the A4 card.

Questions:
1. With the A4 card in the car - does this mean that I have v3.5.1???
2. v3.5.1 and the A4 card is the very latest upgrade for my car w/nav...correct???
3. Will the A4 card work with the "older" upgrades???
I just want to be sure that my nav is fully up to date (no techie here).

Thanks in advance.

Bookmarks & Social Networks