Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012 - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #61
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87813
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tamakh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No way I'm driving my car. I had the "transmission over heating" warning and burning smell coming from the car. That to me does not sound like car that is road worthy. I drive a 100 miles a day. I'm not getting stranded on the side of the road waiting 2 hours like last time to get a tow in freezing weather. No thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #62
mousethis
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107296
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mousethis Good Standing Member
Let me know how this all works out Tamakh. I have had my transmission over heating message come on a couple times but luckily I have not gotten stranded anywhere yet.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #63
Gary_C
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95312
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Focus Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gary_C Good Standing Member
Xxxx
Old 12-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #64
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousethis View Post
Let me know how this all works out Tamakh. I have had my transmission over heating message come on a couple times but luckily I have not gotten stranded anywhere yet.

Part showed up and below is what they did. I have put 150 miles on it so far with no problems. We will see if it holds up.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #65
chief901
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 86140
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 chief901 Good Standing Member
I took mine in on 12/13 for the 3rd time. I explained that the clutch would shudder when starting off, and then after driving about 20 miles highway, or stop and go driving, the clutch would shudder and then slip.

They had the car over the weekend and on Wednesday 12/19 they said my problen had been fixed. The service writer said thay had applied the latest software update and the service tech had driven the car, everything was OK. I explained that software would not repair a slipping clutch, but he said take it and drive it and if it acts up again to return.

The next day I drove to the next town (18 miles away) and upon beginning my return trip, the car began to shudder at take-off. I drove back and went straight to the dealer, and parked it in the service entrance. I entered and advised the service writer that it was shuddering and slipping. He advised the service manager, and told me that the service manager and tech would take it out for a drive to see what was happening.

As they started to take-off from the service entrance, the car shuddered and then the clutch slipped completely not allowing the car to move. They can back in and said they would find a true fix and then gave me a new loaner car.

I returned the followng morning and gave them a copy of the service ticket in this thread that had fixed the problem. I think they have a better understanding of the problem now that they experienced how severe the problem can be.

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #66
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

500 miles later and no problems (knock on wood). I highly recommend anyone having these problems to get this fix. It still idles kind of low, but I'm sure thats an easy enough fix.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #67
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakh View Post
I highly recommend anyone having these problems to get this fix.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #68
chief901
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief901 View Post
I took mine in on 12/13 for the 3rd time. I explained that the clutch would shudder when starting off, and then after driving about 20 miles highway, or stop and go driving, the clutch would shudder and then slip.

They had the car over the weekend and on Wednesday 12/19 they said my problen had been fixed. The service writer said thay had applied the latest software update and the service tech had driven the car, everything was OK. I explained that software would not repair a slipping clutch, but he said take it and drive it and if it acts up again to return.

The next day I drove to the next town (18 miles away) and upon beginning my return trip, the car began to shudder at take-off. I drove back and went straight to the dealer, and parked it in the service entrance. I entered and advised the service writer that it was shuddering and slipping. He advised the service manager, and told me that the service manager and tech would take it out for a drive to see what was happening.

As they started to take-off from the service entrance, the car shuddered and then the clutch slipped completely not allowing the car to move. They can back in and said they would find a true fix and then gave me a new loaner car.

I returned the followng morning and gave them a copy of the service ticket in this thread that had fixed the problem. I think they have a better understanding of the problem now that they experienced how severe the problem can be.

Thanks for the info.
They got authorization from Ford to replace the "Clutch-Pack", oil seals and actuators. They replaced those parts and car has the same problem.

A Ford Technical Rep has been called to come in and advise on next step. The Dealer wants to replace the entire Transmission. I still have the loaner, but no fix for my car yet.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #69
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisS197 View Post
...The shuddering is starting to come back and so is the transmission rattling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
...Got the clutches and everything replaced, but alas, it still grinds through the gears and shudders through 1st gear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousethis View Post
...I have had my transmission over heating message come on a couple times...
I want to check in with everyone to see if youíre still experiencing a concern. If so, I can help by arranging a call from your regional customer service managers. For me to do this, please PM your full name, VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, and dealer details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
...The service writer felt the issue was that the transmission needed a flash/update only, but that determination will be made by the service technician after he's had an opportunity go through the car more thoroughly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
...Got the call from my dealership this afternoon, car has to stay with them as they're replacing the clutches...
Just Tom & SportyChick,

Was the dealer able to resolve this? Please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakh View Post
500 miles later and no problems (knock on wood). I highly recommend anyone having these problems to get this fix...
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to help out, Tamakh; you rock!

Quote:
...A Ford Technical Rep has been called to come in and advise on next step. The Dealer wants to replace the entire Transmission...
chief901,

Iím confident your dealer will take care of you.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #70
chief901
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
They got authorization from Ford to replace the "Clutch-Pack", oil seals and actuators. They replaced those parts and car has the same problem.

A Ford Technical Rep has been called to come in and advise on next step. The Dealer wants to replace the entire Transmission. I still have the loaner, but no fix for my car yet.
The Ford Tech Rep authorized a total rebuild of the transmission. It has been rebuilt three times in the last two days, and every time somthing new happens or it gets worse. Yesterday afternoon after they put the transmission back in for the third time, they started to program the DCT and the car locked itself down in the "Transport mode". As of this morning it will not respond to anything, and the Technical Rep has been called back. The service people at Ennis Ford have been great, and are trying everything to get it fixed, but the car is winning the battle so far.

Maybe time for Ford to buy this one back.

Bookmarks & Social Networks