Engine Mounts Zetec Vs. Duratec??? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
PLRX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16768
What I Drive: 2003 - ZX5 - 5 Spd - 2.3 Duratec

FF Reputation: 1 PLRX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Engine Mounts Zetec Vs. Duratec???

I tried a search, found countless threads about mounts. I did not find the information I was looking for.

Yesterday I was driving, and noticed a vibration as I turned to the right only. Found the mount frame touching the driver side of the frame. Looked at the right side mount and it's torn apart. Needless to say, I need that mount, and decided to buy all of them.

I searched Rock Auto, and gave me the parts, searched for those parts on ebay and found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-04-Ford-F...89d683&vxp=mtr

The thing is the vendor says those are for the 2.0 engine.

If this is wrong; Can anyone send me a link to buy all mount? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
gimmemoreboost
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83716
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 gimmemoreboost Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
just go on cfm's website. the passenger mount is different from the zetec to duratec, the others IIRC are the same. but i know cfm has all the duratec mounts, although i think they're the stiff ones. tousley probably has the oem mounts for you
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
PLRX
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmemoreboost View Post
just go on cfm's website. the passenger mount is different from the zetec to duratec, the others IIRC are the same. but i know cfm has all the duratec mounts, although i think they're the stiff ones. tousley probably has the oem mounts for you
Thanks, but those are $200+, and I consider that an overkill for my car. This thing is stock.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
Jgrove998
i <3 my ST

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: '12 Fusion SE V6

FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Call Steve at Tousley Ford. Order up the OEM Ford parts for cheap and with fast shipping. I wouldn't skimp on the engine mounts, you'll just be replacing them again.
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
D23 Crew: #07
Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
gimmemoreboost
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83716
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 gimmemoreboost Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLRX View Post
Thanks, but those are $200+, and I consider that an overkill for my car. This thing is stock.
Like I just said, call Tousley for the OEM mounts. Lol
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
PLRX
Focus Enthusiast

I got the mounts installed, and the car drives like brand new. I paid $14,000 for this car brand new, almost ten years later it still rocking!

Within a month I installed a new DMF flywheel, new clutch, new motor and transmission mounts, new HID lights, new HID fog lights, new rack & pinion, new power steering pump, new thermostat, new water pump, and new fan relay switch.

The great thing is that this engine has 220,000 miles, and there is not an oil leak to be found. I changed the first oil at 3,000 miles, and I've been using Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic ever since. I change the oil every 10,000 miles

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->