My Ford Touch Thread - Page 264 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #2631
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
My car is at the dealership getting the update today - like right now.
I'll report back once I have everything re- indexed, paired and programmed.
Looking forward to a better MFT experience.
Version 3.5.1 installed.
Connecting my Android phone went without a hitch.
I'm not seeing the graphic glitch others have mentioned about the AM indicator; looks the same to me.
The navigation Home Screen "current" street location worked right away with no "destination" being set. We'll have to see how long this works.
Outside temperature and compass displays still intact - as previously set.
Hopefully my random reboots and rouge "ghost in the machine" random starting of media files on USB thumb drive has been corrected.

It appears that the MPG averaging algorithm has changed.

I'll report back with more feedback once I've tried more of the commonly used functions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #2632
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:

It appears that the MPG averaging algorithm has changed.
What makes you think that?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #2633
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
Rooting a phone simply to solve a MFT issue.
LMAO
Not crazy at all. If the carrier or manufacturer doesn't make a newer OS available for your phone then your options are get a new phone or root and install a custom ROM.

The bluetooth stack implementation isn't consistent across all phones, many have problems. I rooted my SGS2, upgraded to ICS from GB and most of my BT connectivity problems disappeared. Once in a blue moon it doesn't want to connect but simply toggling it off/on on the phone fixes it every time.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #2634
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
What makes you think that?
Because with the update, my tripometer was reset. When I drove out of the dealership, the MPG appeared to default at 32 coming out of the initial "- - -" condition and then quickly headed down to 20 MPG as I cruised at 25 MPH through my town. I've been watching this on my car since buying it 3 months ago, and typically do after I've filled up the tank, because every mfg approaches their MPG calculations differently and I'm curious to see how it works.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #2635
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Congrats, not easy to get one of those. I picked up a galaxy nexus about 2 months ago and once you go nexus you never go back, so welcome to the nexus club. I salute you.
From being a longtime iPhone user it's been a blast to have. I wasn't a fan of Android until 4.0 came out and I've just been waiting for the right phone for me. I lucked out when they went back on sale two weeks ago, my order took an hour to go through, an hour of furiously clicking checkout and it kicking me back and deleting my cart, lol, finally went through and got it about a week later. Now the shipping estimate is 6-7 weeks? Yikes.

But agreed, don't think I have any reason to go back to the iPhone after this, and the pure android experience far surpasses any manufacturer licensed version I've used before.

Plus it pairs instantly with MFT. Just no info displayed on screen, but I can live with that.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #2636
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Not crazy at all. If the carrier or manufacturer doesn't make a newer OS available for your phone then your options are get a new phone or root and install a custom ROM.

The bluetooth stack implementation isn't consistent across all phones, many have problems. I rooted my SGS2, upgraded to ICS from GB and most of my BT connectivity problems disappeared. Once in a blue moon it doesn't want to connect but simply toggling it off/on on the phone fixes it every time.
With all due respect, it is crazy because you are asking someone to invalidate their phone warranty by rooting/flashing. I'm not disputing your "unique" results with pairing problems and such, but it's crazy nonetheless. I own the Samsung Galaxy S2 (4G Epic Touch version) and it syncs and has sync'd fine to MFT with the official ICS. The bluetooth standard is quite stable and has been since 3.0; some would claim it's been stable since 2.0. People that have older phones? Probably a good time to upgrade anyway.

Rooting/flashing isn't for Joe Regular anyhow and bad advice IMHO.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2637
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
BTW, it says up to 60 minutes to complete this update... Can someone confirm it really takes this long? Wow!! That's a long time for an update.
Confirmed. Around that time anyway. Do it when you take a trip and you'll appreciate the improvements.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #2638
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Quote:
With all due respect, it is crazy because you are asking someone to invalidate their phone warranty by rooting/flashing. I'm not disputing your "unique" results with pairing problems and such, but it's crazy nonetheless. I own the Samsung Galaxy S2 (4G Epic Touch version) and it syncs and has sync'd fine to MFT with the official ICS. The bluetooth standard is quite stable and has been since 3.0; some would claim it's been stable since 2.0. People that have older phones? Probably a good time to upgrade anyway.

Rooting/flashing isn't for Joe Regular anyhow and bad advice IMHO.
To each their own. And I didn't say bluetooth was unstable, I said the implementation on some phones isn't consistent meaning that it's not up to spec.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #2639
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Focus View Post
I've done multiple master and hard resets. Made no difference at all. I called ford MFT support and they had me do a reverse pair which also made no difference. They then said they had no idea what the issue is.
Ask around - someone likely still has their 3.0.2 update thumb drive that they might share with you. You can do an update again with that and then you should be able to pair again. I send you mine on a loan, but I put 3.5.1 on it when everything checked out.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #2640
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Anybody tried an MS phone yet?