Place to Stash a Gun? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
WavesOfFury
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105775
What I Drive: 2013 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 WavesOfFury Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
are you wiling to cut any panels? might have to go the non-traditional route considering how tight everything in this car is
I don't think so. The best I've been able to come up with is something like what this guy's done below, but if I were to do it this way, it would only serve as a place to put my carry gun while driving. I'd have to draw/reholster every time I entered/exited the car and it wouldn't satisfy the desire to have one in there at all times. I suppose I could put one in a lockable, hidden, tethered Gun Vault type safe so that way there would always be one in the car, it could be hidden and much more secure than my previous truck's solution, and if I were going into a situation I thought might prove to be dangerous or whatever I could move it to the mounted holster...

Another concern is whether or not seeing the empty holster in my car might provoke a thief to break into my car thinking I just hid it in the glove box or console. Then I'd have to replace a window and whatever else might've gotten stolen.

WARNING: Slightly Off-Topic

I know to people on the outside looking in at the "gun community" it might seem excessive, and to a degree it probably is. But if I were somewhere and witnessed or was a victim of a crime that would warrant use of deadly force to save an innocent life or especially if I were in the middle of one of the mass shootings that seem to be all the rage these days and I chose not to be as prepared for it as I could be, I don't know if I'd ever forgive myself, if I even got the chance to. It's that mindset that drives most of the "gun nuts" out there. Just the simple desire to protect yourself, your things, and the ones you love.

Ok, back to Focuses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Desmo748
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105715
What I Drive: 2012, Tux Black Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Desmo748 Good Standing Member
Starting off topic: Have a friend at work who had an attempted car jacking/robbery, he carried his concealed gun in his back pocket, had a holster that resembled a wallet, yes a small caliber gun but a gun at a knife fight wins 99.9% of the time, so when he calmly reach back for his wallet and pulled out the gun (with cut out for trigger) with guy just backed away and ran as fast as he could.

But as far as a place to hide it, maybe modify the glove box, there is a ton of storage in there, and that shelf for the owners manual seems like a good place.

Once Ga finishes processing my CC permit i'll be looking for a place as well. Granted Ga Laws considers you car personal property like your house so technically you don't need a permit to keep it in your car.

I wouldn't consider you a gun nut :) 3 shot guns, 1 rifle my handgun (bersa thunder plus) and the wife's Walther P22 (careful she aims center-mass but hits the groin.. freaks me out every time.....)
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
You may look into crafting a cubby hole under your driver seat. I looked under my seat the other day and found that there is a TON of room down there! You might be able to build a holster of sorts.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #14
glocker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102954
What I Drive: '12 Sonic Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 glocker Good Standing Member
Talk to the guys at Texas Custom Holsters. Great guys with great ideas. I'm sure they could make something up to fit in the center console or something. Might have to downsize to a 19 though. Or make something to fit in the glove compartment that would fit a 17, but its a bit farther of a reach from the drivers seat.

http://www.texascustomholsters.com/

Btw, I don't bother arguing with the anti gun nuts. I hope to god no one ever has to be the victim of a violent crime but if they are one day, they'll understand. But, don't wait until its too late to protect yourself and your family.

And also, someone said a firearm is inaccessible in your waistband while seated. Not true at all. It may be harder to get to it but definitely not inaccessible. I ccw every day and prefer not to move my firearm when I get in the car, and have trained to draw from my seat. It's all about training. The more you have the better you get.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesOfFury View Post
I know to people on the outside looking in at the "gun community" it might seem excessive, and to a degree it probably is. But if I were somewhere and witnessed or was a victim of a crime that would warrant use of deadly force to save an innocent life or especially if I were in the middle of one of the mass shootings that seem to be all the rage these days and I chose not to be as prepared for it as I could be, I don't know if I'd ever forgive myself, if I even got the chance to. It's that mindset that drives most of the "gun nuts" out there. Just the simple desire to protect yourself, your things, and the ones you love.
Well it also depends where you are. I live in MD and without at least multiple death threats or attacks, its impossible to get a conceal carry license (May Issue State). Has to be locked away from passenger compartment (specifically including console and glovebox), and ammunition must be separate. I would love to have one on hand or easily accessible in the inner city since car and cellphone jacking is rampant here (even at red lights unfortunately) but explaining that to any MD cop is never gonna fly. 100% of the time you will be arrested on the spot here, even with an out of state gun license, period.

In a state that allows it, the issue may be if a cop recognizes one especially if its easily on hand under the dash or out in the open like in the last pic. Even if its legal, thats off putting to a cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesOfFury View Post
Ok, back to Focuses.
try mounting it to the door pocket area so its not easily visible and cover it somehow with a folder in front of it in the door pocket
Old 12-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #16
glocker
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102954
What I Drive: '12 Sonic Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 glocker Good Standing Member
Bummer. Here in Nevada we can basically do whatever we want. Haha. You need a permit to conceal on your person, but other than that you're good to go. You can keep a handgun loaded anywhere you want. Long guns can't have anything in the chamber inside a vehicle though. Other than that, doesn't matter. And we don't have a duty to inform law, which is nice.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #17
ah1f39
Alone in the Cave

Fan#: 70006
What I Drive: 2000 Explorer 4x4, 04 Mini Cooper S

FF Reputation: 28 ah1f39 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
try mounting it to the door pocket area so its not easily visible and cover it somehow with a folder in front of it in the door pocket
Then it is outside the vehicle every time the door is opened. Not a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyE6_NxV_kM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHcRK8wp6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMlf9mVFz4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HP8VXFm0E
Old 12-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #18
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah1f39 View Post
Then it is outside the vehicle every time the door is opened. Not a good idea.
hence the folder idea, no less in the open than the hat method. Plus if your carrying, it wont be there when you open the door so long the holster is concealed
Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #19
ah1f39
Alone in the Cave

Fan#: 70006
What I Drive: 2000 Explorer 4x4, 04 Mini Cooper S

FF Reputation: 28 ah1f39 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
hence the folder idea, no less in the open than the hat method. Plus if your carrying, it wont be there when you open the door so long the holster is concealed
A left handed draw is not ideal for a threat from the drivers side of the vehicle.

I'm not a fan of leaving a weapon in a vehicle unattended due to theft concerns.

Because of this I am considering the method in this vid, but mounted between the seat and console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyE6_NxV_kM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PHcRK8wp6U
Old 12-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #20
jinstall
Deutsche Arsche

Fan#: 9730
What I Drive: 01 ZX3RACECAR/04 ST170/13 FST2

FF Reputation: 4 jinstall Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
try a 511 t-shirt holster. They work great.
2013 Focus ST2 TS NAV SUNROOF-Hers

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->