anybody have door sill guards? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106877
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 5speed SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
That's what I have as well. They look nice.
that's a nice design too... thanks a lot for the pic! how was the quality, fit, and finish of this set?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #12
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatogcarvalho View Post
I ordered mine from PartsCheap along with the engine cover, both OEM: http://www.partscheap.com/Default.asp

We have a couple of options on eBay but I really didn't like the look of most of them. The OEM version seems to have more quality than others. The downside is that we just have it for the front doors. But from my point of view is not really a problem.

Installed them myself this weekend on my car and it looks very good!

The installation was easy, just required a little bit of patience to measure both sides to align them on the same spot.

I will take some pictures this week and post here!

Really recommend it.
thanks a lot for the link... although not my first choice, the more i look at those sill guards the more they are starting to grow on me! i too was thinking about getting the engine cover as well... i know it's just a piece of plastic but atleast it would kinda clean up the engine bay a bit...

what are your thoughts on why Ford discontinued installing the engine covers from the factory? was it just to save money or do you think they tend to trap too much heat ?

thanks again!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #13
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed SE View Post
that's a nice design too... thanks a lot for the pic! how was the quality, fit, and finish of this set?
Installation was easy - requires a bit of care to get the plate into the proper position before sticking it down - it uses 3M tape. Quality is very good, mine has been on for a year now, 18k and only a few scratches from scuffing feet. I like them. Only available for the front doors.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Quote:
Actually it does look very nice. I think I'd personally prefer a satin or brushed finish and of course a set for the rear passenger doors. It drives me crazy how manufacturers skip these kind of things. The same applies to the LED illumination kit that comes on my car. There are lights in the driver/front passenger footwells, cupholders and driver/front passenger door panels. One unique feature that I think is quite nice is when either the driver/front passenger door is opened, the LED lights in the door panel change color and brightness to BRIGHT RED. I prefer to drive with a more subdued blue, either light or dark blue, but whenever I open a door, for safety reasons (oncoming traffic) the LED's change colors. What a neat idea. Now here's the question....why not have that installed on rear passenger doors? If it makes sense to include it for the front, wouldn't the same logic apply to the rear? Well anyway, I digress.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
What are your thoughts on why Ford discontinued installing the engine covers from the factory? was it just to save money or do you think they tend to trap too much heat ?
I would think it was just to save money and them make money selling them to new owners through the parts network. I can't see where heat could be an issue. If it was they would have just discontinued/recalled the part.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #16
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Only available for the front doors.
The made in China ones on ebay appear to come in sets of 4, to cover all doors.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
SkyPilot
Jetsetter

Fan#: 22350
What I Drive: 2004 SE, 2012 Yellow Blaze SE HB

FF Reputation: 45 SkyPilot Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZfocus2012 View Post
I just ordered these. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320989228422...S:3160&vxp=mtr I will post some pics when I get them installed.
I like those better than what i have.

I have these, there were pretty much the only style available when I bought them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-focus-2...f92d54&vxp=mtr

Now looking at ebay, there are tons of options as well as several LED choices.
ZETEC Crew #26 SR #20 YELLOW BLAZE OWNERS GROUP#4
Moderator Pilot, 2 foci Owner! 04 SE Sedan [P RNDL], 12 SE HB ╠╬╝
Ford Focus Discussions, Ford Focus Marketplace, Ford Focus Tech Discussions, Movies & Music Fanatics, Regional Forums

Advocare 24 Day Challenge!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Installation was easy - requires a bit of care to get the plate into the proper position before sticking it down - it uses 3M tape. Quality is very good, mine has been on for a year now, 18k and only a few scratches from scuffing feet. I like them. Only available for the front doors.
thanks for your input... i was really hoping for fronts and rears but i don't think that'd be a real deal breaker for me anyways as i rarely have back seat passengers... i have a set of door sill guards on my Challenger and absolutely love them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Actually it does look very nice. I think I'd personally prefer a satin or brushed finish and of course a set for the rear passenger doors. It drives me crazy how manufacturers skip these kind of things. The same applies to the LED illumination kit that comes on my car. There are lights in the driver/front passenger footwells, cupholders and driver/front passenger door panels. One unique feature that I think is quite nice is when either the driver/front passenger door is opened, the LED lights in the door panel change color and brightness to BRIGHT RED. I prefer to drive with a more subdued blue, either light or dark blue, but whenever I open a door, for safety reasons (oncoming traffic) the LED's change colors. What a neat idea. Now here's the question....why not have that installed on rear passenger doors? If it makes sense to include it for the front, wouldn't the same logic apply to the rear? Well anyway, I digress.
you bring up some valid points for sure! brushed aluminum would look awesome, especially on my car since there really isn't anything "chromed out" on it... the closest thing would be my painted cast aluminum wheels but still not even close...
Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #19
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZfocus2012 View Post
I would think it was just to save money and them make money selling them to new owners through the parts network. I can't see where heat could be an issue. If it was they would have just discontinued/recalled the part.
good points... i think i may just end up getting the engine cover too now that i see how they look... thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #20
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
I like those better than what i have.

I have these, there were pretty much the only style available when I bought them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-focus-2...f92d54&vxp=mtr

Now looking at ebay, there are tons of options as well as several LED choices.
SkyPilot, the set you got, what is that ring around the outsides of the sill guards? is that just a protective shipping edge guard or is that meant to stay on there... i really like the overall design of the set that you got but i'm not sure about the rubber edging around them?

Bookmarks & Social Networks