Place to Stash a Gun? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK3 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
WavesOfFury
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105775
What I Drive: 2013 Black Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 WavesOfFury Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Place to Stash a Gun?

Hey guys, first post!

I'm a new 2013 Focus Ti hatch owner coming from a 2010 F-150. One great feature of my "old" truck was that it had a "secret" compartment underneath the center section of the front split bench that was perfect for stashing my Glock 17. I'm looking for a place to store or mount it inconspicuously in my Focus but I can't find anything as simple as the F-150's solution, so I'm probably going to have to get creative. I want to be able to quickly get to it from the driver's seat. I'm the first to admit that I don't have the greatest imagination and I've only had the car for a few weeks so any advice from anyone on here that knows the ins and outs of it a little better than I do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
finalley
Focus Addict

Fan#: 386
What I Drive: 04SVTF, 03SVTF,08F150 4x4, 2013ST3

FF Reputation: 5 finalley Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesOfFury View Post
Hey guys, first post!

I'm a new 2013 Focus Ti hatch owner coming from a 2010 F-150. One great feature of my "old" truck was that it had a "secret" compartment underneath the center section of the front split bench that was perfect for stashing my Glock 17. I'm looking for a place to store or mount it inconspicuously in my Focus but I can't find anything as simple as the F-150's solution, so I'm probably going to have to get creative. I want to be able to quickly get to it from the driver's seat. I'm the first to admit that I don't have the greatest imagination and I've only had the car for a few weeks so any advice from anyone on here that knows the ins and outs of it a little better than I do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Pro...=SA+22685&ct=e

...this is creative.... I think I'm going to try this.... but for my .45...
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
WavesOfFury
Focus Rookie

Yeah, I've seen those around. Great concept if you just want to have one accessible for long road trips or a place to transfer your carry gun while driving, but I'm looking more for a concealed place to store a dedicated gun for the long term.

...and broadcasting it on the internet so when I eventually come up with a secret place to hide my gun everyone can know where it is.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavesOfFury View Post
Yeah, I've seen those around. Great concept if you just want to have one accessible for long road trips or a place to transfer your carry gun while driving, but I'm looking more for a concealed place to store a dedicated gun for the long term.

...and broadcasting it on the internet so when I eventually come up with a secret place to hide my gun everyone can know where it is.
we know the city and car down to its very features haha

can I ask why we are driving around with guns? Not trying to start a gun ownership argument or anything, but why would you ever need one with you while you drive unless your a cop or drug dealer? If its just for 'piece of mind, cool, but I wana know
Old 12-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red ST

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
It'd go a long way toward thwarting a stoplight carjacking. Won't help you much if you're in a parking lot and you haven't gotten into the car yet.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
WavesOfFury
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post

can I ask why we are driving around with guns? Not trying to start a gun ownership argument or anything, but why would you ever need one with you while you drive unless your a cop or drug dealer? If its just for 'piece of mind, cool, but I wana know
Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. I carry concealed, but a gun in the waistband or pocket is inaccessible while seated in a car. I choose not to rely solely on the police as my own personal bodyguards since an overwhelming majority of the time they only arrive after a crime has been committed. I'd rather have the tools at my disposal to protect myself and others in the moment than have to rely on the goodness of the criminal's heart that he might only take my car/belongings if I gave them to him and not kill me on top of it all (as is what happens quite often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
It'd go a long way toward thwarting a stoplight carjacking. Won't help you much if you're in a parking lot and you haven't gotten into the car yet.
This. True, it's not much good if I'm not in the car, but sometimes I forget/intentionally leave my carry gun at home and it's nice to know I at least have something somewhat close.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
wouldnt help much if someone knows you have a gun, then they'll just rob you for it. If your car gets broken into, you just gave someone your gun
Old 12-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #8
WavesOfFury
Focus Rookie

Quote:
wouldnt help much if someone knows you have a gun, then they'll just rob you for it. If your car gets broken into, you just gave someone your gun
Quote:
So, who knows I have a gun? I carry concealed and am looking for a hidden place to store my gun.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

plus I live in MD so thats basically off the table anyways
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #10
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

are you wiling to cut any panels? might have to go the non-traditional route considering how tight everything in this car is

Bookmarks & Social Networks