2012 Focus - Aftermarket Stereo possibilities. - Page 19 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #181
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58905
What I Drive: 2012 Ox White SE Sports Pack Hatch

FF Reputation: 7 BLarson Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The last two units you posted look nearly identical to the movewell system available on amazon. I am wondering if they are just slapping different brands on the exact same product. They all sell for similar prices too.

I keep wanting to pick one of them up, but no one seams to have tried one yet. I guess no one wants to be the $5-600 ginny pig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #182
mlennox48
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94586
What I Drive: 2011 Ford focus, sky blue

FF Reputation: 1 mlennox48 Good Standing Member
Hundreds of units - Which would be best?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/r...584737450.html

If you look at this unit it says top config, but also on the same site they do a low config version which does not support parking

to add to the confusion also:-
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-8...662766877.html

Looks the same but runs android and not wince6

It looks like I will be trying the :-
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/r...eo-s-max-.html

due to the positive responce

Its only money!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #183
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

I bought the movewell system found on amazon. As well as a backup camera and have subs and an amp on hand. I have the movewell system in hand and plan on installing next weekend. Ill post a thread on my progress. So far the unit looks to be very high quality.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #184
Jrobles376
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98300
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Jrobles376 Good Standing Member
I have been looking for reviews on this unit and not much out there. I decided to go with the Metra 99-5827B and Pioneer AVH-X3500. The movewell looks to be a great unit just not sure about the quality and warranty if any? Thanks for sharing and looking forward to your install updates.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #185
mlennox48
Focus Rookie

System update

I have tried installing http://android-caraudio.com/en/ford/...eo-s-max-.html

The unit looks great

But!

If you have Parking assist (park itself) and front sensors you loose these features.

The Unit is great for Focus's without these and is Dead easy to fit.

I have taken back out due to missing feature, just got to try and get rid of it now!

I do want to try the unit which says Top Configuration works with sync, need to order first.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #186
UniqueGR
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107152
What I Drive: 2012,Ink Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 UniqueGR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlennox48 View Post
I have tried installing http://android-caraudio.com/en/ford/...eo-s-max-.html

The unit looks great

But!

If you have Parking assist (park itself) and front sensors you loose these features.

The Unit is great for Focus's without these and is Dead easy to fit.

I have taken back out due to missing feature, just got to try and get rid of it now!

I do want to try the unit which says Top Configuration works with sync, need to order first.
Hi! What do you think about audio quality in comparison to the original system? And how about the steering wheel controls? Do they work?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #187
mlennox48
Focus Rookie

The steering wheel controls work fine, also the A/C comes up on the screen when you turn or change anything (nice feature)

The Sound is ok slightly worse than the sony unit, but the screen looks big in the center of the car.

Why ford don't fit a 7-8" screen in from the start baffles me!

If I did not have park assist and front sensors - this unit or others I would be fitted and kept.

Removing original unit and connecting this unit is so easy, all it takes is two screws T20?T25 at the bottom a slight pull and the front comes away. The original screen is held in with 4 x T20?T25 screws. All cables are plug and play, with a little can-bus unit to hide away. There is so much space in the console everything fits perfectly.

Also it gives you Bluetooth hands free phone, so if you have a focus without all this, its a great step forward.

Fitting a reversing camera would be fairly simple too.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #188
ic0der
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99386
What I Drive: 2012 S Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ic0der Good Standing Member
Would it fit on a S 2012 Focus ? I'm seriously tired of my crappy radio system. Alwas lags and does not work properly with ipod. Would really love to see a video.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #189
BLarson
Focus Fanatic

Oh man. This Movewell system has been a pain so far. I got the unit, spent two days installing my subs, amp, backup cam, USB into glove, GPS antenna above the rear view mirror etc. Then the last thing I installed was the new movewell head unit. It looked nice and installed in less than 15 minutes. I then pushed the power button and . . . . Nothing. The unit was completely dead.

After 15+ emails back and forth they had me send it back to them. They tested it and said it was working fine. Wt freak right? I am 100% positive it was not user error on the install. So they were supposed to send out a replacement unit on the 2nd but I have not heard anything yet. I emailed them today and havnt heard back yet. They will prob. email me back tonight at 1am because they are in china. I still plan on making a post as soon as I have a working unit.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #190
dpando1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92144
What I Drive: 2012, Grey, Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 2 dpando1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLarson View Post
Oh man. This Movewell system has been a pain so far. I got the unit, spent two days installing my subs, amp, backup cam, USB into glove, GPS antenna above the rear view mirror etc. Then the last thing I installed was the new movewell head unit. It looked nice and installed in less than 15 minutes. I then pushed the power button and . . . . Nothing. The unit was completely dead.

After 15+ emails back and forth they had me send it back to them. They tested it and said it was working fine. Wt freak right? I am 100% positive it was not user error on the install. So they were supposed to send out a replacement unit on the 2nd but I have not heard anything yet. I emailed them today and havnt heard back yet. They will prob. email me back tonight at 1am because they are in china. I still plan on making a post as soon as I have a working unit.

Cheers my friend you freakin rock for this!! your hard work will benefit ALL

Bookmarks & Social Networks