Miss fire #4 after Timing belt - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
302N20
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 97177
What I Drive: 1995 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 302N20 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Miss fire #4 after Timing belt

Okay, I've been reading up on the Timing Belt job for months, today I went and did it at my buddies shop. 81K on the car. Did a Timing Belt, Tensioner, idlers, Serp Belt, Serp Tensioner, oil change, fuel filter.

The car is bone stock besides a catback and short ram intake.

We did the job and started the car, miss-fire. Checked the timing 3 more times and it was all correct. Started it again, miss fire. Starting messing with the wires, took #4 on/off and then it started firing and running smooth. GREAT! Put the rest of the car back together.

Go to fire it up to leave, miss fire again. Had to get home at this point so limped it there assuming it was a bad plug wire. Got home and put new wires on it, all 4, and still miss fire. Checked for codes, only had miss fire of #4 which I expected.

The car had aftermarket wires and what looks to be a stock Motorcraft coil.

Did my coil just happen to go bad the same day I did my timing belt? Is there something I'm missing? Also I put new plugs in it 1,000 miles ago and those have been fine (motorcrafts).

1998 Explorer XLT|174K & counting...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.