Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012 - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #51
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
...it has ALWAYS done this, after every software update, and every TSB for the transmission, it's fine for about a week, and goes right back to some sort of rough shifting...
JesseE1981,

Rachel is set to call you next week. Please let me know via PM if there are any details you want forwarded before then.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #52
NemesisS197
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103646
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 NemesisS197 Good Standing Member
Just wanted to update everyone after about 1000 miles. The shuddering is starting to come back and so is the transmission rattling. Unsure what I am going to do at this point.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #53
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisS197 View Post
Before taking the vehicle in I was experiencing:

- Shuddering between 1st-2nd shift
- Rattleing in transmission and general post 2nd gear shift sounded like rocks rolling around the tranny.
- Car shuddering bad when going up slight inclines

All issues are now gone. Hope this helps others in their dealings with their dealership.
Going to the dealer this morning and bringing a copy of this along with me. Let's see what they have to say.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #54
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Dropped off the car. The service writer felt the issue was that the transmission needed a flash/update only, but that determination will be made by the service technician after he's had an opportunity go through the car more thoroughly. Also I inquired about the 3.5.1 Sync update; they'll be doing that as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #55
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
My car is back at the dealer this morning as well. They didn't give me much information on what exactly they were going to do but they gave me a loaner. They did know it was going to take more than a day to fix and that's why I got the loaner.

Just to recap, I've had TSB12B37 done, had the clutch actuators replaced and still the issue persists with the shuddering. I had to come back and take a drive with a mechanic to prove that the shuddering exists.

I'll update again once I hear back from the dealer on what they're doing and when I'll get my car back.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #56
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
So I'm without my car for the week, stuck with the loaner.

Got the call from my dealership this afternoon, car has to stay with them as they're replacing the clutches. They found leaking oil and are fixing it according to TSB 11-12-13. When they started reading off the TSB number, I finished it off and told them that I knew about this issue and they didn't have to explain it to them. I've been telling them the last 2 visits to refer to this TSB when looking at my car but I guess they have to do it their way.

Just happy that I'm getting this fixed.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #57
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
So I'm without my car for the week, stuck with the loaner.

Got the call from my dealership this afternoon, car has to stay with them as they're replacing the clutches. They found leaking oil and are fixing it according to TSB 11-12-13. When they started reading off the TSB number, I finished it off and told them that I knew about this issue and they didn't have to explain it to them. I've been telling them the last 2 visits to refer to this TSB when looking at my car but I guess they have to do it their way.

Just happy that I'm getting this fixed.
Yep this was me 3 weeks ago. Got the clutches and everything replaced, but alas, it still grinds through the gears and shudders through 1st gear.

I hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #58
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87813
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tamakh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Just another update....not jumping the gun here yet, but the car, while it's not doing the shudder between first and second, and second into third now, nor is it grinding, the shifting has once again "reverted" (there really is no other word I can think of here to describe that) to a somewhat rough shift in the early gears. I even put the car into S Mode this morning, and coming up to a stop sign I stopped, stepped on the gas to go, and nothing happened....the car then jerked into gear and away I went.
Mine just had the same problem. Burning smell, tachometer going nuts, transmission too hot please brake warning, and it just completely shut down. I had to have it towed to my local dealership and of course the next day they couldnt get it to do it again. They said something about it leaking oil between the engine and trans after taking stuff apart and that they have the part on order BUT the part is on back order with no shipping date....
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #59
Tamakh
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87813
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Tamakh Good Standing Member
Called the dealership rep this morning. No update on when the parts will ship and they have 10 cars with the same problem sitting on their lot waiting for parts.

I purchased a Ford this time around because I live in Michigan and my grandfather retired from Ford. So instead of driving my Ford Titanium I'm now forced to drive a Nissan POS rental lunchbox on wheels, dealership ran out of vehicles, until Ford sends more parts. Ug, I want my car back!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #60
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamakh View Post
Called the dealership rep this morning. No update on when the parts will ship and they have 10 cars with the same problem sitting on their lot waiting for parts.

I purchased a Ford this time around because I live in Michigan and my grandfather retired from Ford. So instead of driving my Ford Titanium I'm now forced to drive a Nissan POS rental lunchbox on wheels, dealership ran out of vehicles, until Ford sends more parts. Ug, I want my car back!
They really should not have any cars on the lot waiting, including yours. When they(dealer) diagnose the problem as per TSB 11-12-13, they give you back your car while they wait for the parts to come in (the trans does not need to be removed to diagnose this issue)... it took about 3 weeks for my clutch parts to arrive, but, I was still driving my car during that time frame. Its not going to hurt anything, I mean, you've been driving your car this long with contaminated clutches.... LOL. Time for a new dealer, Ford will not re-imburse them for a rental or loaner while the car sits waiting for parts when the car is perfectly fine to drive in the meantime. I know its not your fault or problem, but, I find it amusing how many dealers keep the customers car for a week or longer waiting for clutch parts when its just one day job, and the dealer should be giving the car back to the customer after the original diagnosis.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)

Bookmarks & Social Networks