toms tune what everyone should know - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
1sloho
12 years strong

Fan#: 111
What I Drive: '02 zx5

FF Reputation: 17 1sloho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
never had a problem with tom. purchased his tune, had a lil trouble getting it loaded on my car. sent him an AIM message and he helped me try and figure it out. as of right now, im just running his base tune as ive just been too busy (or lazy) to try and datalog. from my experience with tom, hes a great guy and does his best to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Listen kid,

Why is this coming out 3 months after you got his initial tune?
Why did you drag your feet to datalog and send it to him so he could look it over and send an update back?

This is a 2 way street. Tom is a very busy guy and though he tries his best to do 1 on 1 tuning, it doesn't always work out that way. You have to keep an open communication line with him as he does you.

I've read more than a handful of your posts and I'm pretty sure that if you'd take more time with things it'd show through in your posts. Look at your typing style, grammar and such, it shows that you don't take the time you should to make things legible. I've found that this does reflect in real life, though not always.

I can't personally speak to Tom's work being I've never paid him for anything. But he has provided me with help along the way of tuning my own car. By that regard I'd call him a standup guy. I've also seen a good portion of the Focus community pleased with his work, both novice and expert automotive knowledge level. But I have seen some who didn't feel their tune was adequate, but communication was always the main problem on both ends.

For the record, Tom was never kicked off the other site. He still retains an open account there. He choose to come here due to differences in opinions.
Many of the people on the other site are running his tunes, many here are running tunes form other shops/people.

Now get off you high horse and contact Tom. It's also your job to keep the line of communication open.
and i agree with all of the above.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #12
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Hate to say it pasta but you are the shady person. I have seen and read some of the things you've done and have you no room to talk.

As mentioned sounds like you've jumped the gun in your accusations and assumptions. Tom comes down here to do tuning for alot racers at a local track. Have never heard of any real issues with him. Yeah sometimes communication is a little slow but you have to be patient. And considering what he does and the price he charges you are really getting a deal imo.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."

Old 12-06-2012, 02:51 AM   #13
Rockstar92
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88204
What I Drive: 2006 silver zx5 se

FF Reputation: 1 Rockstar92 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You have been on this forum longer than me and you still don't know how busy Tom is and how it's a bit hard to get contact with him sometimes? The guy has lots of customers he can't ignore everyone and make you first priority. He's tuning your car remotely, it is not infront of him on a dyno so he can get it right the first time. I'd be surprised if he still helps you after this thread lol.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #14
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I am currently traveling and will be home Sat to go over this further, so this is all from memory.

Pasta contacted me and like everyone, I explained to him how the procedure works, its also documented on this site how it works, plug and play is never anything I have said nor implied.

I cannot find one data-log from him anywhere but will need to verify this to make sure. Additionally, I did not receive one email of him telling me of any issues with his tune till after he contacted PayPal for his money back, when this happened I contacted him to find out the issues, he told me of the hanging revs, I told him I could fix that issue and that the base tune was a first tune sent, he refused.

Because there was no data-logs, no emails and he wanted his money back. I informed him if he went through with the PayPal dispute, there would be no tuning support.

I will go back through my notes and emails to confirm the above when I get home.

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
indy_11
Panamasian

Fan#: 81404
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Por favor, habla en ingles porque no comprendo nada.
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
pasta
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62350
What I Drive: 2003 eap svt

FF Reputation: 5 pasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (40)
just so everyone knows i truly wasnt trying to bash him and yes everyone has an opinion i just thought other people should know what there getting into

Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
GreySkorpion
saved from the grave

Fan#: 94674
What I Drive: 2004 LG ZX5 2.3D

FF Reputation: 11 GreySkorpion Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
So why not let him help you?? I think the problem is you, not Tom. Like has been stated before, you rush your posts so much, you can't use capital letters, punctuation or take the time to be thorough. Patience is a virtue, use it, the results will always be more favorable.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
No ones grammer or punctuation on this forum is any worse then mine so , thanks for the support but lets leave the grammer and spelling out of it LOL

I am home and will follow up with my side of this in the AM , I need to find my notes and emails

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #19
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Just a quick update to this issue, I went back and looked through all the various emails with Pasta (Anthony) and here is what happened.

1) Anthony contacts me to get a tune on 8-22-2012.
2) We went over the procedures on getting the ECU code and he sent me his mod list to purchase a custom tune from me.
3) After receiving the Xcal Device around 9-7-2012, Anthony asked me if my tune is plug and play. At which time I informed him how the procedure works and that I will need more information about his vehicle as well as went through the steps for data logging and tune installation.
4) On 9-11-2012, Anthony contacts me informing me that he is having trouble finding the software to download from SCT’s website. 2 hours later I responded to have him call me anytime and if I’m not available to leave a message and I will call him back.
5) On 9-13-2012, Anthony PM’s me with a message telling me that he is not computer savvy and if I can assist in helping him setup everything on his computer.
6) On 9-14-2012, I responded telling him via email to follow the original instructions I sent him as well as spoke to him on the phone about locating the software to download from SCT’s website.
7) On 9-15-2012, Anthony PM’s me asking if I was available to speak on the phone that day, I responded within 30 minutes later asking him to give me a call. During this same day I sent him a base tune via email.
8) We spoke a few more times over the phone and finally got the software installed on his computer.
9) On 9-28-2012, Anthony sends me a PM late in the evening informing me that he has installed the base tune about 2 weeks earlier and that he got a better laptop to perform data logging as well as wanting to set up a time to do data log.
10) On 9-29-2012, I sent Anthony a PM telling him to give me a call anytime around 11 AM. Later on that day Anthony sends me another PM telling me he had to work that day and wanted to schedule a later time (around 3:30 PM) or the next day. We spoke a few more times over the telephone.
11) Two weeks later I received another email from him complaining that the Xcal and data logging procedures were too confusing to use and that he wanted something that was plug and play. Once again I requested that I can remote desktop into his computer and assist if he would just download a software I needed to use in order to remotely connect.

After that I never heard from him until 10-28-2012 when he attempted to do a charge back and complained about hanging revs. I sent him another message to let him know that I can address the issues if he would just send me some data logging files so I can adjust the base tune. He refused and adamantly wanted his money back.

Regardless of what he posted, I still want to do whatever it takes to make him happy. So if you want to give me the opportunity, I would be more than happy to setup whatever time that is convenient for you to get this resolved.

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member