My Ford Touch Thread - Page 260 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #2591
unistyle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106959
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 unistyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
vhr.
Yes. I will definitely do this next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #2592
unistyle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106959
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 unistyle Good Standing Member
So I ran the VHR, and SyncMyRide was incorrect and I already had 3.5.1 installed on my car. I just have owned it a week, so the dealership must have already updated the MFT software to the latest version. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #2593
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unistyle View Post
So I ran the VHR, and SyncMyRide was incorrect and I already had 3.5.1 installed on my car. I just have owned it a week, so the dealership must have already updated the MFT software to the latest version. Thanks for the help guys.
As a matter of due diligence, they are supposed to update the MFT to latest SD & firmware as part of the "prep for final sale" activities. They normally don't screw that up...
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #2594
Black Bengal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95110
What I Drive: '09 black SES & '12 tux black ti

FF Reputation: 2 Black Bengal Good Standing Member
I had a MFT/Nav update done last month that the dealer referred to as "TSB12-11-1" & "121101A UPDATE SOFTWARE". The MFT showed some improvement but I'm still having some Nav & phone freezing problems, etc.

My service advisor told me yesterday that Ford has another update on the way that is reserved for new cars along with a list of existing customers who have experienced a lot of MFT problems. She said she believed that I am on the list, but will confirm. Is anyone familiar with this forthcoming update? I didn't have a chance to look back through this extensive thread to try to find out about it. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #2595
Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99323
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus Titianum

FF Reputation: 1 Tra1969 Good Standing Member
Got my update to 3.5.1 today at the dealer. So far so good.
Moonroof, Sony MFT, siriusxm
Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #2596
wesbronco75
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107009
What I Drive: 2012 Plat. White Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 wesbronco75 Good Standing Member
Purchased car new this past summer. I have been through the ringer with the dealership on this one. I had my salesman set it up my phone to sync initially, it works for normal calls and Bluetooth streaming but sync services didn't work. I came back 2 days later and spent 30 min. with him doing various things. Finally got a reverse pair to work. It worked good for 2 weeks and then started failing to connect when you say 'services'. I am tired of doing master resets and removing the battery from my phone. been on sync support for hours before and finally got the dealership to have a look at things. They told me that they were going to order a new center console unit and replace mine but then canceled that and had me come in a do a master reset and a fresh clean pair (done this dozens of times without success). It worked this time for 4 days before screwing up again. I don't even use sync services that much (I can;t right now at all) but it sure would be nice for it to work when I needed it. By the way, Vehicle Health Report also fails to upload and I am sure that the auto dial 911 assist would not work either (If I really needed it) SYNC always says call cannot be completed. Ford blames my phone, Verizon blames HTC, and HTC blames SYNC. But it connects flawlessly sometimes and most of the times does not connect at all. Any suggestions, I hope 3.5.1 helps out (I am on 3.0.2)
Old 12-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #2597
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra1969 View Post
Got my update to 3.5.1 today at the dealer. So far so good.
Installed mine today, from the TSB .pdf link. Went flawlessly, except that the coffee caught up with me about 1/4 through and I had to find a tree to get behind that was close to where I could park my car and let it run - wow, that was a PITA as I was in town at the time.

I ran a system master reset first (don't know if it's necessary but it can't hurt), it took about 45 minutes and then went right to work, I ran a vehicle report and it updated perfectly. On a particularly noisy section of US 101 I called home and my bride reported that the sound was substantially better than last week when I ran a test. Everything I use is working great, my iPhone 3GS (yeah, old school) paired right up and works great on the USB, exactly as advertised.

I'm leery of making subjective "I think it's faster/better/smoother" comments, but I do believe it is marginally better than with 3.0.2 and that means immediate response instead of the momentary pauses between a request and an action - not bad before, I'm a patient guy, but I do like the quicker response now. I like the abbreviated commands, press paddle and say "CNN" and you get the station, no more "Serius", "Say a station name or number" etc. Nice.

I'm not a heavy user, Pandora, bluetooth everything, NetFlix, etc, etc but what I use works a little better now than it worked on 3.0.2, and it was pretty good then.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #2598
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
Installed mine today, from the TSB .pdf link. Went flawlessly, except that the coffee caught up with me about 1/4 through and I had to find a tree to get behind that was close to where I could park my car and let it run - wow, that was a PITA as I was in town at the time.
Hah, now that is funny. With the amount of coffee I drink daily though believe me, I know the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
I ran a system master reset first (don't know if it's necessary but it can't hurt)......
Having been through a couple of self-installs now with my system I have learned that this is always a good idea, not just before installation but immediately after as well. My 3.5.1 was a dealer install because I needed the nav card and I discovered on the drive home that my system was a disaster, no volume control for music or sync-lady voice, nav was a mess, etc. Did a master reset when I got home and it immediately fixed the issues (really, the dealer should have done this before giving me my car but apparently they didn't, this is why I prefer self-installs, I want control of the situtation so I know exactly what is being done).
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #2599
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Anyone know the version number for the navi SD that goes along with the MFT 3.5.1 update?
Is it A4?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #2600
JasDmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105501
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti Hatch Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 JasDmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Anyone know the version number for the navi SD that goes along with the MFT 3.5.1 update?
Is it A4?
Yes it is 4. Had mine done when I took delivery of the car.

Bookmarks & Social Networks