Any advice for seat configuration? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Any advice for seat configuration?

So I picked up my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium model last night from the dealer an am loving the car. Compared to my old Toyota Echo 2004 it's got tons of gadgets and electronics.

In driving it last night and today to work, I find that my back is hurting after driving it. I'm not sure if I'm not configuring my seat correctly. I have the power seat and am trying to find a good combination that works, but no luck so far. Wondered if anyone knew of a methodology to set it up so it won't hurt my back as much.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
just play with it is all i can say. you should be able to adjust it every way you can imagine. try height, distance from pedals, even the lower half tilt if it has it, that could help alot too. would love to see pics of the new ride!
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

I'll keep playing with it. I just need my back to recover first so I can tell if new settings are helping.

And here's some picts:

Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
JonathanGennick
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105685
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 JonathanGennick Good Standing Member
@spiderpig, that's a sharp-looking car. I like that blue.

On the seat thing, I think you just have to fiddle a bit. My wife is shorter than I, and my son is taller, so I am constantly in the mode of having to rejigger the seat to get it back where I like it, and I'm never really sure I've gotten it all back. Sometimes I want to adjust the recline in between clicks. I can then compensate by cranking the lever to raise and lower, which affects the tilt just enough to where I can get get comfortable. Once I get done complaining that my entire family is not the same size (LOL!), then I'm good. I'm pretty happy with the seats, actually. They are comfortable and support me well.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

I like the blue color as well. I test drove a black one and a white one. But I really wanted a sedan version since I like bigger trunk room. The dealer I got it from was really nice and had 5 different titanium versions as well so was easy to try different versions.

Orignally I was looking at a Fiesta, but when I test drove a Focus it was no contest.

I'll try to spend some time tonight and adjust the seat. I did notice that I could literrally raise the seat so high that it would bang my head on the roof. I'm a short guy (5 feet 4 inches) and I do like to have the seat raised so I can see better.

I have to say, even though I'm in IT, I'm finding all the electronics in this car to be a bit overwhelming. I set up my syncmyride account and my siruis account.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
JonathanGennick
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
But I really wanted a sedan version since I like bigger trunk room.
I go back and forth on things like that. My previous Focus was a wagon. I went sedan this time for a change of pace. Well, partly for a change of pace, and partly because I needed a vehicle and the sedan was the right combination of color and features and price, and it was right there in front of me.

Quote:
Orignally I was looking at a Fiesta, but when I test drove a Focus it was no contest.
We had been looking at late-model used. Spotted the Race Red Focus and almost didn't bother to trouble the salesman for a drive, but on a whim I asked, and he brought out the keys, and wow! I was all but sold. The handling on the car is fantastic. It's just so much fun to drive.

Quote:
I have to say, even though I'm in IT, I'm finding all the electronics in this car to be a bit overwhelming.
The UI is pretty awful, imho. It was actually the one negative I had to overcome in my own mind before purchasing. No car is perfect, right? I figured I could adapt and live with the interface in return for how fun the car is to drive. And so far, that is holding true. I have no regrets on the purchase.

No Sirius for me, btw. Thought I had it, but the greyed out option and the included discount card fooled me. Not a big deal though.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

I never had Sirius in the past, and can't say I really plan on using it. I pretty much have the two local stations I listen to, and if I'm traveling out of state - IHeartRadio app lets me still listen to them. Otherwise, it music on my IPhone. Since my commute is pretty short I don't listen to the radio often.

I agree about the UI, not the fanciest. But I think if they released a SDK for it - people would create some cooler ones.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
JonathanGennick
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
I never had Sirius in the past, and can't say I really plan on using it.
I didn't either, really, so did not bother me to discover I had been wrong about it being included. I try to avoid signing up for anything involving a monthly payment.

Quote:
But I think if they released a SDK for it - people would create some cooler ones.
There is something, but it's not quite what you describe. Here's a link:

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=33366

If I read correctly, it's more of an SDK for app developers to use, to enable their apps to better integrate with the vehicle. So you can't reprogram the dash, but you could develop some iPhone app that delivered a feature via Sync.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #9
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Well, I'll have to look into it. Might be intereting to see if I can stream a video feed to the screen. Would allow my wife and kids to watch a movie while I drive. I've written a couple apps for IOS so might be an interesting test.

EDIT: So looking into it they actually want you to have an app already released for download first so they can deem if it's worthy enough to allow the SDK to be used. pushy pushy.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
lddavis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104180
What I Drive: 1997 Red Outback

FF Reputation: 2 lddavis Good Standing Member
Seat adjustment advice from Recaro:

http://www.recaro-automotive.com/fil..._100630_en.swf

Bookmarks & Social Networks