Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012 - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #31
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Or they will have their "Customer Service" managers scream at people over the phone that there is nothing wrong and their cars are "operating as they are designed". Which is what happened to me, despite a visible oil leak and a Ford technician confirming the slipping during takeoff.
That is unbelievable...

I would love to know how Ford (or any dealer service department) considers an oil leak to be "normal".

EDIT: They don't.

According to TSB 11-12-13:
1) Leak?
2) Verify that it is transmission fluid (and not rust inhibitor).
3) If it is transmission fluid, replace 2 seals and clutch assembly.

Last edited by Kabigon; 11-21-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #32
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I'm sorry to hear that.

One point is that clutch assemblies are being replaced because they are usually contaminated by an oil leak. In other words, your clutches most likely were not replaced simply because of wear.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, and in that case you would think they would replace whatever was causing the unusual wear to the clutches when they replaced the clutches. However according to my work order, which is the same as the OP's except Ford said they found no leak, they did not do that.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #33
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicktfocusnut View Post
Thanks, but no thanks. I've been told by Ford (through the dealer that I trust) that my DCT is "normal". Even my Service Advisor knows it's faulty but can do nothing about it. I'm not going to bother. Just giving up on Ford and trading it in next spring on something else. Honda? Toyota? Buick? Mazda? Don't know. I'd still consider an Escape (I liked my 2006), but think they are over-priced.
Hi dicktfocusnut,

I hate to lose you as a member of the Ford family. Please let me know if your needs change; I'll be happy to see how I can help.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #34
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Well, the bad luck continues....
Got the call this morning that my car was done. Went it, picked it up, backing out of the parking space I noticed it wasn't right. The car started to shake and vibrate in reverse. I wanted to drive it around some more just to get a better sense of things. Drives AWESOME going forward....but clearly something it not right with the transmission after this TSB with the car/steering wheel vibrating in reverse. It's loud enough to hear, and you can definitely feel it, and the mechanic HAD to back it off the lift in the garage, why the hell would they leave it like that????
So I had my car 10 minutes, turned around and took it right back in. No idea when I'll get it back now.....and of course this is a shortened week. I've never owned anything but a Ford, but this car is really starting to piss me off to no end....
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #35
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Well, the bad luck continues....
Got the call this morning that my car was done. Went it, picked it up, backing out of the parking space I noticed it wasn't right. The car started to shake and vibrate in reverse. I wanted to drive it around some more just to get a better sense of things. Drives AWESOME going forward....but clearly something it not right with the transmission after this TSB with the car/steering wheel vibrating in reverse. It's loud enough to hear, and you can definitely feel it, and the mechanic HAD to back it off the lift in the garage, why the hell would they leave it like that????
So I had my car 10 minutes, turned around and took it right back in. No idea when I'll get it back now.....and of course this is a shortened week. I've never owned anything but a Ford, but this car is really starting to piss me off to no end....
Hi JesseE1981,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on how things went at the dealership. I know this has been a frustrating experience, but the dealer and your CSM are working together to get this concern resolved. Feel free to contact me via PM if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Crystal

Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
I had mine in a couple of weeks ago and they replaced everything that they replaced on your work order, and I was experiencing the same problems. I can report that as of today (as well as right after I left the dealership) the noise has returned and been the same grinding/rattling/whatever you want to call it in 1-2 and 2-3. Obviously this is the noise that is supposed to "go away" after 1000 miles or whenever the "green clutch" wears in, but I don't see that happening. So if my clutch was worn enough that they had to replace the clutches after 20,000 miles and it still makes the noise, won't they just be replacing another clutch at 40,000 miles?

This is the 10th time I've had it in for this issue, have already escalated to regional managers and all the other rigamarole that comes with that. Regional manager now ignores my calls and doesn't return them after I leave messages. I guess it's time for the formal complaint letter followed by a BBB lemon law complaint. It saddens me because I had such trust in Ford after driving my '96 Ranger for over 12 years with 0 issues. On this car they've had to replace the radio twice, the passenger window switch, and the clutches all before 22,000 miles.

What a disappointment.
*EXACTLY* the same issue here. My regional manager stopped calling me back and stopped picking up the phone. I went to three different dealerships and all denied the issue existed (although two of the 3 told me "there's something wrong", but since the computer wasn't throwing an error they refused to work on it).

It's complete BS. Ford is feigning customer service in order to save face but, judging by the latest consumer reports article, the industry and consumers have already realized it's a lie...Ford is now second from the bottom, in terms of customer service. It's a complete joke that's leaving many customers in the dark and pissed off.

Not to worry. If this type of customer service continues Ford will be out of business in the next 10 years. It's one of the reasons GM was in such rough shape, and it'll bite Ford in their butt too. Some companies just have to learn the hard way how they should care for their customers.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #37
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Well after about a month since my clutch's were replaced, yesterday I got a "transmission too hot please brake" message and a burning smell. Just before this happened the shuddering was getting worse and the transmission started to do the clunking and everything else it use to do. Its back at the dealer and im back into a rental again.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #38
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi JesseE1981,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on how things went at the dealership. I know this has been a frustrating experience, but the dealer and your CSM are working together to get this concern resolved. Feel free to contact me via PM if you need any additional assistance.

Thanks,
Crystal
Thanks Crystal.

Got another update. Apparently one of the motor mount bolts was installed in the wrong hole (idk, are there just random holes to stick bolts in???), so SOMETHING was grounding out against the frame and making the vibration in reverse. That's been fixed, so I do have my care back now. So far so good.....but I only drive it 3 miles, I'll know more after driving it over Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #39
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
Thanks Crystal.

Got another update. Apparently one of the motor mount bolts was installed in the wrong hole (idk, are there just random holes to stick bolts in???), so SOMETHING was grounding out against the frame and making the vibration in reverse. That's been fixed, so I do have my care back now. So far so good.....but I only drive it 3 miles, I'll know more after driving it over Thanksgiving.
Hi JesseE1981,

I'm glad to hear things have been resolved and that you're back in your Focus!

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving,
Crystal

Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #40
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Just another update....not jumping the gun here yet, but the car, while it's not doing the shudder between first and second, and second into third now, nor is it grinding, the shifting has once again "reverted" (there really is no other word I can think of here to describe that) to a somewhat rough shift in the early gears. I even put the car into S Mode this morning, and coming up to a stop sign I stopped, stepped on the gas to go, and nothing happened....the car then jerked into gear and away I went.

Bookmarks & Social Networks