Exhaust Question - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-2013) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 47 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwake View Post
If your going turbo then stop working on your stock tubing. leave it the way it is and save your money for the turbo. its going to sound like ass if you delete both mufflers.

Your going to want to run 2.5 or 3" for the turbo any ways so i wouldn't invest any more time on our exhaust other than what you have already done until your ready to bump up the tubing size.
Thats what I was thinking too. Why mess w/ that s^%$. I'd be figuring out the turbo, bv, boost controler's ect. How 'bout a clutch or a torsen or quaife & your suspension?
Interduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
VH5150
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97424
What I Drive: '14 PB ST2, '12 TB Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 VH5150 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkrumm View Post
I have deleted the rear muffler and replaced with a straight piece of pipe. The sound is AMAZING but not quite as cracky and bubbly as i want it lol. I am looking into deleting both resonators but i am also in process of preping my car for a turbo charger conversion here soon and i know the more open the exhaust the better. Just wondering if this is a beneificial move to take the resonators off as well
Gonna call Shenanigans here--until somebody comes out with a tune for these cars, there's not much sense in "prepping your car for a turbo". SCT was probably our best hope for a tuner for the '12+, and it sounds like they've given-up on it.
2014 Focus ST2-9/9/13 Build Date-Performance Blue-Charcoal/Blue Recaros-Moonroof-Cobb Intake w/AIRPORTAL-Magnaflow-Breedt QuickShift Arm & Knob-QuickLifts-Garageline 20/25 Spacers-UK "Ford Power" Ignition Button-WeatherTech Visors-Rally Armors
Old 12-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
redwake
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100718
What I Drive: 00 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 3 redwake Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I totally missed the part where this was an mk3... thats what happens when i just scroll through the new posts vs going thourgh the forum.

VH5150 is right.

Suggest low and slow until parts start showing up in a couple-few years. Right now the after market crew isn't doing jack for the MK3 unless it says ST on your front grille.

Keep bugging SCT.

My Car: http://tinyurl.com/8mpden8
Sr# 256.

Bookmarks & Social Networks