2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #191
montreal
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106766
What I Drive: 2012 black ford focus titanium

FF Reputation: 1 montreal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I gotta admit I'm quite shocked Ford hasn't been sued yet for these transmission from hell.
I really am I mean Huyndai got sued big time a couple of months ago because of false gas milleage advertising and we're talking something like .4/100l.. very little difference.

These cars are worthless now, that we know but can we atleast get something that's drivable or some money back..

I for one was a big Ford fan and I swear I will never buy another ford in my lifetime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #192
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Mine has been to the dealer three times now for the transmission. Shifting is getting progressively worse. Odd shift points, random hard shifts, "flairing", and the usual marbles sound. I've had 4 people in my apartment complex tell me "your car is grinding"

Dealer had it for 2 days last week. No issues found. Crazyness!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #193
NCFocus12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103684
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 NCFocus12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
Mine has been to the dealer three times now for the transmission. Shifting is getting progressively worse. Odd shift points, random hard shifts, "flairing", and the usual marbles sound. I've had 4 people in my apartment complex tell me "your car is grinding"

Dealer had it for 2 days last week. No issues found. Crazyness!

I've started to develop the same thing with 6k.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #194
BadgerChad
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89649
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 BadgerChad Good Standing Member
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

BadgerChad,

Escalating cases to the regional customer service manager allows for the scope of a concern to be clearer. Send me a PM any time you want a follow-up call from Scott arranged.

Cory
Why Cory, so I can hear Scott recite the same scripted BS lines I've heard since August of 2011? Ad nauseum? The people in the glass house in Dearborn KNOW there's an issue, and it's taken 18 months to get to the point of being "aware" of it.

No wonder you people average 2 months tenure on this board. It's got to be disheartening to continue to "escalate" people only to have them hear the same story from someone higher. Hell, get me to Alan Mullaly, I don't care...he'll here the same complaint from me that I've told to everyone else. My time should not be spent fixing Ford's engineering problems. Ford should be fixing the problem. They're not.

So what choice am I left with? A competitor. Plain and simple. And letting as many people as I can know my dissatisfaction.

That, my friend, is the cross that Ford must now bear.

BC
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #195
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Oh yeah, I've definitely done the run-around with you guys, first with Noemi, then Thomas, I've spoken to the CSM for my area, she stopped answering my calls and stopped returning my messages, so I gave up. It's time to seek legal action.

On a side note, it's discouraging how much you guys cycle through the people that represent you on the discussion boards. There have been at least four of you in the last nine months. That's almost a new person every two months. That does not leave time to get to know customer's cases and work through with them to the end.

Also I've noticed that once a thread you're in discovers that what you do is pretty much worthless in these cases with the grinding, that you don't come back to the thread or offer any more help than to forward the case to someone who, ultimately, doesn't care.

I'll be surprised if you post in here again Cory, given the track record of the other FordCustomerService folks that have run that account, but hey, maybe you're awesome, I haven't gotten a chance to know you yet.

So welcome to the boards Cory, and good luck.
:-))))LOL. Good point. Why people changing so fast.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #196
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerChad View Post
Why Cory, so I can hear Scott recite the same scripted BS lines I've heard since August of 2011? Ad nauseum? The people in the glass house in Dearborn KNOW there's an issue, and it's taken 18 months to get to the point of being "aware" of it.

No wonder you people average 2 months tenure on this board. It's got to be disheartening to continue to "escalate" people only to have them hear the same story from someone higher. Hell, get me to Alan Mullaly, I don't care...he'll here the same complaint from me that I've told to everyone else. My time should not be spent fixing Ford's engineering problems. Ford should be fixing the problem. They're not.

So what choice am I left with? A competitor. Plain and simple. And letting as many people as I can know my dissatisfaction.

That, my friend, is the cross that Ford must now bear.

BC
FORD - Fix O Repair Daily, translation.

Look at this, this way.:: they can't fix the problem and they can't recall that many cars at the same time or overtime, that will be dissaster for them.
Trust me there is no fix for that, you can swap clutch and you will be good for 500-1000 miles, then it's all will come back. So, don't sweat, it will be lesson for all us. NOT TO BUY NEW CaR with BUGS in it, better to wait year or two.
I tried ALL, last weekend did some work myself.
I will also recommend for some of you to spray contact grease on those 2 actuators(connectors), this might help, I did on mine. Helped a little.
Rattling noise I think because one set of clutches didn't desingage and other engages. I believe that's everybody's issues.
That's why you always have that noise on ODD to EVEN gear switching.
Horewer my rattling(grinding) little less, shudder though still appears.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #197
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Fwiw, Crystal seems to have reappeared as the Ford monitor on the Escape-City site. Maybe the reps need a little R & R after hanging out here. On the other hand, with the 1.6L EcoBoost fleet being grounded after catching fire with discouraging regularity, Crystal may wish she were still focused on Focuses...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #198
rblaes_99
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106995
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 rblaes_99 Good Standing Member
registered here just to post my "me too" problem in this forum. Sadly, I noticed the grinding anytime I go from a dead stop into 1st. After that I get random "slips" where it feels like the transmission missed and other times strange surges.

2012 Focus SFE @ 6,500 miles. (noise didn't go away after any suggest break in)
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 PM   #199
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106567
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sdwcam01 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblaes_99 View Post
registered here just to post my "me too" problem in this forum. Sadly, I noticed the grinding anytime I go from a dead stop into 1st. After that I get random "slips" where it feels like the transmission missed and other times strange surges.

2012 Focus SFE @ 6,500 miles. (noise didn't go away after any suggest break in)
Welcome to the hell of the focus dct.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #200
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
Well, I spoke with regional manager and have an appointment on dec 17 with a different dealership.

I'll keep everyone informed of any changes am how that goes.
sdwcam01,

Thanks for the update; please keep me in the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
Mine has been to the dealer three times now for the transmission. Shifting is getting progressively worse...
I see Bart is scheduled to follow-up with you, 04SVTF303; let me know via PM if you want him to call sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFocus12 View Post
I've started to develop the same thing with 6k.
NCFocus12,

I’m here to help by escalating this up to your regional CSM. Please send me a PM with your mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, VIN, and dealer name/state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerChad View Post
Why Cory, so I can hear Scott recite the same scripted BS lines I've heard since August of 2011?...
I know Scott is helping as much as he can, BadgerChad. Did the refund you’re owed get taken care of? Drop me a line if it wasn’t.

Quote:
Quote:
...That's why you always have that noise on ODD to EVEN gear switching. Horewer my rattling(grinding) little less, shudder though still appears.
Ysteven,

We like to keep things fresh. Has the concern worsened since the last time you spoke with Corey? Please PM me the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
Fwiw, Crystal seems to have reappeared as the Ford monitor on the Escape-City site...
Yes, dan50; she’s still on the team. She just moved over to other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblaes_99 View Post
registered here just to post my "me too" problem in this forum...
rblaes_99,

Welcome to the boards! Please see my reply above for the information I need to lend a hand.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford

Bookmarks & Social Networks