Some New Issues - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
BaconZombie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98205
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTi, United Grey

FF Reputation: 3 BaconZombie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Now I understand. You seem to have one heck of a laundry list of issues. I would definitely escalate the problem. I've been-there-done-that with the "unable to duplicate" issues on several vehicles in the past. For most dealerships, if they can't find it within 30 seconds, then it doesn't exist. Be persistent, perhaps even offer to drive the vehicle with a tech riding along to show them the issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Dear god, someone help this man.

At least the rest of my car works fine, clunks and rattles aside.

I understand how valuable your time is, but how many dealerships have you tried to have your car serviced through?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #13
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98899
What I Drive: 2012 POS

FF Reputation: 1 04SVTF303 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconZombie View Post
Now I understand. You seem to have one heck of a laundry list of issues. I would definitely escalate the problem. I've been-there-done-that with the "unable to duplicate" issues on several vehicles in the past. For most dealerships, if they can't find it within 30 seconds, then it doesn't exist. Be persistent, perhaps even offer to drive the vehicle with a tech riding along to show them the issues.
I've already spent what would amount to days on this crap. Driving around a crappy ass loaner and listening to the techs say the same thing. I paid close attention to the mileage last time. How you gonna drive a car 5 miles and get an accurate feel for what's going on? They're not gonna fix anything cause they can't. I've said it before, if I were willing to take the massive hit, I'd trade it in for something else in a heart beat.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #14
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Dear god, someone help this man.

At least the rest of my car works fine, clunks and rattles aside.

I understand how valuable your time is, but how many dealerships have you tried to have your car serviced through?
I've been to 3 dealerships so far.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well, I can certainly empathize with your situation.

I'd be trading mine in too if I was able to accept the huge depreciation hit.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #16
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
That's a darn shame. Sorry to hear of your car woes. I've been there myself and I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. I'd take Crystal from FOMOCO up on her offer and let her escalate the issue to a regional representative who can help you get everything sorted out. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how it all works out for you.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #17
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
That's a darn shame. Sorry to hear of your car woes. I've been there myself and I understand the frustration that you're experiencing. I'd take Crystal from FOMOCO up on her offer and let her escalate the issue to a regional representative who can help you get everything sorted out. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how it all works out for you.
Done that. Three times. Same results each time. I've owned at least 10 new Fords. This is the only one I've ever had to take into the dealer or deal directly with Ford customer service.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04SVTF303 View Post
I guess I should clarify. The radio will not turn off. You can hit whatever buttons you want, open and close the doors with the keys out of the ignition, and it will not turn off. The little info screen between the tac and speedo stays lit up as well. So if I leave it, it will kill my battery.

Have you done a master reset on MFT since they updated it? If not you should, it has seemed to clear up many issues(with MFT) after the update.

I don't have the radio staying on issue, have you left it alone for 10 minutes? Mine will shut down after 10 minutes to save the battery.

You've worked through Crystal 3 times?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
If these problems occur with any regularity, see if you can nicely persuade the service manager to have one of the technicians drive your car back and forth to work for a couple days.

As others have said, techs are under considerable time pressure at the dealer and may not devote much time to finding the problem otherwise. The dealer network is truly a weak point for manufacturers in general and Ford in particular...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
04SVTF303
Focus Enthusiast

I've done the master reset a few times. There is no rhyme or reason as to when these MFT issue happen. Trying to duplicate it is near impossible. I've taken pictures of the messed up screens and oddball crap that comes up and that doesn't seem to do anything.

I've dealt with Crystal once. Had issues escalated to "regional customer service managers" three times.

Bookmarks & Social Networks