IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input. - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #211
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Back on topic, fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #212
theshrewz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103228
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Se Focus

FF Reputation: 2 theshrewz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Zillion do you think its still worth getting the Updated STB since it is stiffer? did you notice improvement in handling or anything else?
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #213
Zillon
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshrewz View Post
Zillion do you think its still worth getting the Updated STB since it is stiffer? did you notice improvement in handling or anything else?
It certainly won't hurt.

I can't really confirm nor deny any improvements in handling, though, since I'm running my winter tires and wheels now. 16" wheels with the mushy factory 215/55R16 tires.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #214
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cory and Iím the new Ford Service rep for the boards. Iím dedicated to lend a hand with getting this concern resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
...I'm still waiting to hear back from Crystal on what she's heard from body engineering or otherwise...
Iím sorry for the slow reply, Zillon. I want to get you back in touch with Marilyn. Please shoot me your current mileage via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
You have been absorbed... (Borg speak).
BlazeFocus,

Would that make me ďLocutus of FordĒ? LOL JK

Seriously though, have you been to the dealer recently? I have your VIN already, so send me a PM and I can lend a hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptcv1 View Post
Bump as we're waiting Ford's response..
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang74shelby View Post
...I love the Car and don't want to try to trade it in, I just want it fixed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang122 View Post
...Unfortunately, My car also has the clunk noise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
...When its about 60 degrees my sound will show up now...
For those who havenít sent their contact info to be escalated to your regional CSM, please PM me. When sending your details, be sure to include your full name, daytime phone number, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
Ugh.... That's all I have to say... I might not buy a new vehicle again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty View Post
It was a moderate temperature tonight, about -2 degrees C, and my noises were much more subtle than normal. I at least noticed immediately leaving the parkade on campus, I didn't really pay attention the rest of the drive.
Bogey & Twenty,

I see both of your cases are open and you have follow-up calls. Please PM me if you need additional help.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #215
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cory and Iím the new Ford Service rep for the boards. Iím dedicated to lend a hand with getting this concern resolved.

Iím sorry for the slow reply, Zillon. I want to get you back in touch with Marilyn. Please shoot me your current mileage via PM.

BlazeFocus,

Would that make me ďLocutus of FordĒ? LOL JK

Seriously though, have you been to the dealer recently? I have your VIN already, so send me a PM and I can lend a hand.

Cory
Welcome to the Borg, ooops, I mean Board Cory.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #216
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Welcome to the Borg, ooops, I mean Board Cory.
Thanks a bunch, BlazeFocus! I can already tell this is a great community.

Cory

Old 12-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #217
Zillon
Focus Addict

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Cory and I’m the new Ford Service rep for the boards. I’m dedicated to lend a hand with getting this concern resolved.

I’m sorry for the slow reply, Zillon. I want to get you back in touch with Marilyn. Please shoot me your current mileage via PM.

Cory
Welcome to the party, Cory.

Unfortunately, Marilyn closed my case. I'm not sure how much background you have on my car, but just to let you in on the current situation, no dealer will touch it at this point, let alone admit to there being an issue with the suspension. I've heard, 'it's normal,' 'we couldn't duplicate the issue,' and I've even been given attitude by a service manager when I insisted that there was, in fact, a problem with my car.

The poor treatment on the dealer end of things is the reason I've been doing all of this experimental work on my own, spending my own money on parts, using my tools, and wasting my very valuable time. Why don't you ask my girlfriend how thrilled she is about me spending so much time trying to track down and eliminate this clunk that Ford most likely knows about, yet will do nothing to solve it.

I'm tired of getting the standard run-around on this whole thing. I've had my data 'passed on to engineering,' and I've had CS reps 'surprised' to hear what I've had to say. However, trying to go through the proper customer service avenues has gotten me nowhere. Why don't you tell us the truth? Actually, Ford probably won't even tell you what's going on either.

You may say you're dedicated to helping resolve this concern, but every other CS rep we've had 'help' us with this issue, has said the same thing.

Sorry to come off so harshly, but I think it's time to stop candy-coating the issue and tackle it head-on. I truly do love the rest of the car, but for the love of god, this clunk has driven me absolutely bonkers. It sounds like the front suspension is falling out of the car, and it's not quite the preferred conversation starter to have when I have passengers in the car.

How exactly does Ford expect me to recommend the car to others, when I'm not 100% happy with it myself?

So please, Cory. Be honest with us. And if company protocol prevents you from doing that, tell your manager that protocol is a load of crap.

Zack
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #218
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Welcome to the party, Cory.

Unfortunately, Marilyn closed my case. I'm not sure how much background you have on my car, but just to let you in on the current situation, no dealer will touch it at this point, let alone admit to there being an issue with the suspension. I've heard, 'it's normal,' 'we couldn't duplicate the issue,' and I've even been given attitude by a service manager when I insisted that there was, in fact, a problem with my car.

The poor treatment on the dealer end of things is the reason I've been doing all of this experimental work on my own, spending my own money on parts, using my tools, and wasting my very valuable time. Why don't you ask my girlfriend how thrilled she is about me spending so much time trying to track down and eliminate this clunk that Ford most likely knows about, yet will do nothing to solve it.

I'm tired of getting the standard run-around on this whole thing. I've had my data 'passed on to engineering,' and I've had CS reps 'surprised' to hear what I've had to say. However, trying to go through the proper customer service avenues has gotten me nowhere. Why don't you tell us the truth? Actually, Ford probably won't even tell you what's going on either.

You may say you're dedicated to helping resolve this concern, but every other CS rep we've had 'help' us with this issue, has said the same thing.

Sorry to come off so harshly, but I think it's time to stop candy-coating the issue and tackle it head-on. I truly do love the rest of the car, but for the love of god, this clunk has driven me absolutely bonkers. It sounds like the front suspension is falling out of the car, and it's not quite the preferred conversation starter to have when I have passengers in the car.

How exactly does Ford expect me to recommend the car to others, when I'm not 100% happy with it myself?

So please, Cory. Be honest with us. And if company protocol prevents you from doing that, tell your manager that protocol is a load of crap.

Zack
If the truth is harsh, the so be it. Can't always sugarcoat when you're getting screwed.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #219
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Welcome to the party, Cory. ...

So please, Cory. Be honest with us...
Zack,

I appreciate the warm welcome. Honestly, Iím being kept in the dark on engineeringís progress for this. I know theyíre diligently plugging away on a release.

I wish there was available information for me to share; the truth is: I donít have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiStick View Post
If the truth is harsh, the so be it...
Iím fine with giving bad news (if I have it), TiStick.

Cory

Old 12-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #220
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Zack,

I appreciate the warm welcome. Honestly, Iím being kept in the dark on engineeringís progress for this. I know theyíre diligently plugging away on a release.I wish there was available information for me to share; the truth is: I donít have it.

Cory
That's more then I've heard so far.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D

Bookmarks & Social Networks