MFT 3.5.1 bugs - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #61
thosw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92594
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Ti 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 thosw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
FYI - they fixed that in v3.2.2.
My Space Bar character was "greyed out" in v3.2.2 same as it was prior to the update. It (3.2.2) didn't seem to fix anything for me, but it did "break" my climate controls quadrant.

So for me, 3.5.1 is a big improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #62
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Dealer installed 3.5.1 on 11-28-12 and only two things "glitched" to a moment but cleared on next drive. The message "remote parking sensor ON" appeared and stayed in the display until I got where I was going - drive home was fine. And trying to switch to SiriusXM kept going to HD radio. Again, once shut off it was fine when started again.

Other then that, everything appears to be working, and performing faster.

And the temp now shows in the top of screen, which it did not before (I've only had this car three months and it came with v3.0.2 in it). And the NAV once again shows the street/road I'm on when displayed in the quad boxes.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #63
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
Well now the select music via genre using Voice Command seems to be working. I guess it was not fully indexed and did not finish building the voice commands when I first tried. So....I am liking this upgrade!
Well that was short lived. Got in my car and right after I started the sound system turned on and starting playing the first song on the SD Card.

And the problem getting it to play genre "blues" via voice command is back. Every time I try it plays Rock stuff. But it will work if I do it manually via the touch screen.

And clues?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #64
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosw View Post
My Space Bar character was "greyed out" in v3.2.2 same as it was prior to the update. It (3.2.2) didn't seem to fix anything for me, but it did "break" my climate controls quadrant.

So for me, 3.5.1 is a big improvement.
Weird. Fitting that Ford couldn't even manage to implement that simple fix consistently!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #65
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
I really hope that the next thing the mft team fixes is the media playback, it's so horrible. Just got back from Christmas shopping and the car decided to randomly index my zune 120 for no apparent reason, tune to a random radio channel and failed to keep my chosen station the next time the car was turned back on. Nevermind the teeny tiny scrolling of the station meta data and number scrunched in the corner of the display. What a joke. And this is on top of the problems I've already had with it. All bugs.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #66
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Weird. Fitting that Ford couldn't even manage to implement that simple fix consistently!
My gut tells me that's simply a byproduct of upgrading over existing software instead of wiping the drive clean and installing fresh. One thing wrong along the chain and it will always be wrong unless Ford decides to overwrite it.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #67
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
My gut tells me that's simply a byproduct of upgrading over existing software instead of wiping the drive clean and installing fresh. One thing wrong along the chain and it will always be wrong unless Ford decides to overwrite it.
Agreed. One of the reasons I got MFT was because I was told updates would be available online. I would gladly visit the dealer if it made the updates more stable. In addition, it seems every update requires a new NAV card... ergo a trip to the dealer. That's why I don't have 3.5.1 yet. I'm just going to wait until January and/or until others start getting NAV cards in the mail and I grow impatient.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #68
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
Tried to get 3.5 yesterday, dealer told me there wasn't an update for it on the Focus.
Hi, Revelations -

We do not recommend installing the software from any source except for a certified Ford dealership. Which one did you visit? I'm happy to contact them and explain further if necessary. Let me know.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #69
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
slightly off topic here but does anyone w/ v. 3.5 notice if mft dims faster at night when the headlights are turned on?

mine dims but it takes prob 30 seconds.. yea, i know that's not long but as all the other gauges are already dimmed it seems brighter and longer than it is.... just wondering if newer versions than my (perfectly working) v 2.11 dim faster.. thnx.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #70
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
, tune to a random radio channel and failed to keep my chosen station the next time the car was turned back on.
This issue is fixed with TSB 12-10-15, it's a reflash/update of the Audio Control Module(ACM).

Bookmarks & Social Networks