2012 Focus SE Transmission Grinding - Page 19 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #181
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,142, Level 34
Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by middie8 View Post
After reading through these posts, I have realized that my 2012 Focus also experiences this grinding noise and shutters during acceleration...I plan on dropping it off tomorrow at the Ford dealer to have it looked at and fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin-nole View Post
After the clutch and seal replacement 10 day's ago our's is grinding again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
...My car is approx. 18 months old and has occasionally made this noise for as long as I've owned it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
I have had my clutches replaced and the noise persists...
middie8, fishin-nole, Kabigon, & InfinityCubed,

My name is Cory, and Iím the new Ford Service rep on these boards. Iím checking in to see if you took your Focus to the dealer yet. I can help by escalating this up to your regionís customer service manager. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact info (including your full name, daytime phone number, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysteven View Post
Yes, it's more noticeable when hot out. Mine is less quite and shutters less when it's cold out...
Itís important to me that your concerns are taken care of, Ysteven. I see you worked with Crystal before. I have your VIN from previous messages, so please donít hesitate to drop me a line via PM and Iíll set up a follow-up call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
If it escalates we have a ford customer service person in this forum she is very helpful...
powermax,

Thanks for the recommendation; I forwarded your kind words. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwcam01 View Post
Thank you for the info. I saw her throughout the posts and was hoping she'll see that mine is having problems as well.
Iím able to assist when you send me the details I listed above, sdwcam01; Iíll keep an eye out for your PM.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #182
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106567
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sdwcam01 Good Standing Member
I'm at the dealership now and took one of the service guys on a test drive. He heard it and said it was normal. I laughed because when I asked if grinding and stuttering is normal in any car, he said no. I have a feeling this will be uneventful.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #183
BadgerChad
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89649
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 BadgerChad Good Standing Member
Thumbs down Don't bother

There's no sense in escalating this to Ford Customer Service. It does nothing. All you will be told is "the engineers are aware of it and are working on it" which is the same line I've been handed since one month after I bought this vehicle in June of 2011. Same line. Over and over and over again. (Just like Sync/MFT)

Unless the transmission drops out on the interstate, spews fluid, starts the car on fire, contributes to global warming, etc....forget it. It's a waste of time.

As a Ford stockholder, I'm embarrassed for my company. As a Ford owner, I'll be making more visits to competitors I guess. 18 months of "we're aware of it" when I get snarky looks from people next to me at traffic lights ain't cutting it.

BC
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #184
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerChad View Post
There's no sense in escalating this to Ford Customer Service. It does nothing. All you will be told is "the engineers are aware of it and are working on it" which is the same line I've been handed since one month after I bought this vehicle in June of 2011. Same line. Over and over and over again. (Just like Sync/MFT)

Unless the transmission drops out on the interstate, spews fluid, starts the car on fire, contributes to global warming, etc....forget it. It's a waste of time.

As a Ford stockholder, I'm embarrassed for my company. As a Ford owner, I'll be making more visits to competitors I guess. 18 months of "we're aware of it" when I get snarky looks from people next to me at traffic lights ain't cutting it.

BC
Thanks for the info. Kind of disheartening, but the truth is painful sometimes. Lol.

I'm going to see what everyone says, but as I've said before, I'm becoming informed with the California lemon law and arbitration process. I'm gong to assume this is a higher level item and all I have to do is give them one chance to fix it and then send a letter to ford asking them to buy it back. If they don't, off to arbitration for me.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #185
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,833, Level 32
Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
...when I get snarky looks from people next to me at traffic lights...
Someone laughed at me at a light once and said something along the lines of "learning how to shift..." >_>
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #186
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Kind of disheartening, but the truth is painful sometimes. Lol.

I'm going to see what everyone says, but as I've said before, I'm becoming informed with the California lemon law and arbitration process. I'm gong to assume this is a higher level item and all I have to do is give them one chance to fix it and then send a letter to ford asking them to buy it back. If they don't, off to arbitration for me.
Forget about buy back option. They will pay you 1/3 of what you paid. Give it a shot if you don't trust me. I tried to sell them as a trade they offer me 12-13k, for 1 year car with 12000 miles.:-))))
Try legal options, I am looking into it as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #187
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Iím back home from the long drive there.

The dealership, of course, said it was normal until everything learns how I drive and gave me some printed papers titled ďService Personnel SupportĒ and ďDiagnosis tips to be used during service visitĒ which has no official logo or website to back it, but covers the ďgreen clutchĒ in the focus and the 1000 mile break-in Öwell, I broke the 1000 mile mark on my way home and surprise, surprise, it did it when I turned onto my road.

While I was on the way, I called Ford customer relations and asked them what was up with this. The girl on the other end told me that there is no break-in period that she can find in the entire ownerís manual, nor the paperwork we receive with the car. I told her that would probably be a good idea, along with some sort of indication of what gear I am in, not just D or S. She also said there is nothing she can find stating that the car will make noise when it shifts.

She said to call back once I go through the dealership in my hometown, which I am going to do in the next few days.

I know Ford isnít going to be reasonable when it comes time to buy this car back...look at some of my earlier posts on the steps I have to take for arbitration.

We will see from hereÖ
Old 12-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #188
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
middie8, fishin-nole, Kabigon, & InfinityCubed,

My name is Cory, and Iím the new Ford Service rep on these boards. Iím checking in to see if you took your Focus to the dealer yet. I can help by escalating this up to your regionís customer service manager. For me to lend a hand, please send a PM with your contact info (including your full name, daytime phone number, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN).
Oh yeah, I've definitely done the run-around with you guys, first with Noemi, then Thomas, I've spoken to the CSM for my area, she stopped answering my calls and stopped returning my messages, so I gave up. It's time to seek legal action.

On a side note, it's discouraging how much you guys cycle through the people that represent you on the discussion boards. There have been at least four of you in the last nine months. That's almost a new person every two months. That does not leave time to get to know customer's cases and work through with them to the end.

Also I've noticed that once a thread you're in discovers that what you do is pretty much worthless in these cases with the grinding, that you don't come back to the thread or offer any more help than to forward the case to someone who, ultimately, doesn't care.

I'll be surprised if you post in here again Cory, given the track record of the other FordCustomerService folks that have run that account, but hey, maybe you're awesome, I haven't gotten a chance to know you yet.

So welcome to the boards Cory, and good luck.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #189
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,142, Level 34
Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34 Points: 3,142, Level: 34
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...She said to call back once I go through the dealership in my hometown, which I am going to do in the next few days...
I sent you a reply, sdwcam01; please see your inbox for my message.

Quote:
There's no sense in escalating this to Ford Customer Service...
BadgerChad,

Escalating cases to the regional customer service manager allows for the scope of a concern to be clearer. Send me a PM any time you want a follow-up call from Scott arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Someone laughed at me at a light once and said something along the lines of "learning how to shift..." >_>
I see you spoke with Jeff recently, PratoN. Have you been to a dealer since then? Please let me know via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
...I'll be surprised if you post in here again Cory, given the track record of the other FordCustomerService folks that have run that account, but hey, maybe you're awesome, I haven't gotten a chance to know you yet.

So welcome to the boards Cory, and good luck.
InfinityCubed,

Thanks for the welcome. Iíd like to think that Iím awesome (but Iím probably biased ). Iíll do everything I can to help, and escalating concerns up the line is key.

Iíll make sure youíre contacted by your regional CSM; drop me a line via PM with your daytime phone number, VIN, full name, mileage, and dealer name/state.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #190
sdwcam01
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Well, I spoke with regional manager and have an appointment on dec 17 with a different dealership.

I'll keep everyone informed of any changes am how that goes.

Bookmarks & Social Networks