MFT 3.5.1 bugs - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #51
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

Points 312, Level 6
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I had the chance to use the navigation yesterday. Substantially improved in my opinion. They got rid of several tiny buttons in the upper right corner and replaced them with a new menu button. It takes you right to several useful options and the larger button is much easier to use. The main screen is less crowded and looks a whole lot better.

As I mentioned earlier, my HD FM stations are locking in much faster and the signal is strong. Before, the HD would fade in and out which made it pretty much useless. I just thought I was in a weak coverage area. Now the stations come in strong. Glad to see the improvements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #52
Revelations
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101027
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus - sterling gray

FF Reputation: 1 Revelations Good Standing Member
Tried to get 3.5 yesterday, dealer told me there wasn't an update for it on the Focus.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #53
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
Tried to get 3.5 yesterday, dealer told me there wasn't an update for it on the Focus.
Yet another lazy, uninformed or otherwise lying dealer. Ford really needs to get a handle on these guys because they are making Ford look worse than even Ford is making itself look. As for getting the update, if you don't have nav you might as well load it yourself.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #54
Revelations
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101027
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus - sterling gray

FF Reputation: 1 Revelations Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Yet another lazy, uninformed or otherwise lying dealer. Ford really needs to get a handle on these guys because they are making Ford look worse than even Ford is making itself look. As for getting the update, if you don't have nav you might as well load it yourself.
I have the Nav. This dealer also wanted me to wait a few hours to have a few rattles looked at. For the record, it is not the same dealer I bought the car at, I moved and this one is closer.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #55
thosw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92594
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Ti 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 thosw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
I thought I could start a thread specific for MFT 3.5.1 so anyone could report any bugs or glitches they find. Then ford could use the information to improve MFT on the next update.

Please try to keep it clean and no ranting or raving (you catch more flies with honey than vinegar) and keep it 3.5.1. specific, if you want to get 351 there is another thread for that.

I'll start, dealer installed 3.5.1 on 11-20-12 and so far all is well.
3.5.1 did not fix my iPod Shuffle play bug.

The only way I can get my iPod to shuffle play is to use the Sync Voice Command each time the car is started. The Shuffle light remains lit, but the songs will only play in the order that they were placed on the playlist until I use the Sync Voice Command. After the command, the songs will shuffle as they should until the car is shut off.

On a positive note, I can now insert a keyboard Space character in the name of a Navigation favorite and I can make a cell phone call without the FM Radio switching on at the end of the call.

A definite improvement, but not there yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #56
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aychdot View Post
Mine works pretty well except when I start the car. MFT wants to start at the first track on my usb no matter what I was previously listening to.
Mine does this also, but randomly. I talked to the salesman who is the sync guru at the dealer and he said that entertainment portion of MFT is supposed to default to the usb on startup. I asked if that was true then why is it random? His response was the usb stick might be loose or something in the console could be bumping the stick and dislodging it causing it to not be recognized.

On the bright side if this happening mostly on 3.5.1 then that means ford is getting closer to getting the MFT to operate as intended, because mine never did this until 351.

On a side note if it is true that mft defaults to the usb on startup, then I would request that on the next update, that this be changed to default to the last selection. I mean who wants to (or can remember) to unplug the usb stick every day then plug it back in when you want to listen to it.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #57
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
If they do intend for it to default to USB it probably has more to do with the update procedure and MFT checking for existence of USB first. Similar to the boot order of a PC.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #58
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by peridigm View Post
If they do intend for it to default to USB it probably has more to do with the update procedure and MFT checking for existence of USB first. Similar to the boot order of a PC.
Yeah, I thought about that. But on a pc, you can select boot device. They should give you the option so you can leave your usb stick plugged in or ipod or whatever w/o it playing on startup. It would very easy to make the last selected device (AM, FM, disc, sirrus or usb the default device on startup for the entertainment portion and still have the mft itself look for a usb device for updates on startup. All they need to do is include an .ini or .exe file on the usb stick with the update and have the mft look for it on startup, if it is not found then boot into last selection, that simple.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #59
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thosw View Post
3.5.1 did not fix my iPod Shuffle play bug.

The only way I can get my iPod to shuffle play is to use the Sync Voice Command each time the car is started. The Shuffle light remains lit, but the songs will only play in the order that they were placed on the playlist until I use the Sync Voice Command. After the command, the songs will shuffle as they should until the car is shut off.

On a positive note, I can now insert a keyboard Space character in the name of a Navigation favorite and I can make a cell phone call without the FM Radio switching on at the end of the call.

A definite improvement, but not there yet.
FYI - they fixed that in v3.2.2.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #60
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,245, Level 19
Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19 Points: 1,245, Level: 19
Level Up 45% Completed
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
. I talked to the salesman who is the sync guru at the dealer and he said that entertainment portion of MFT is supposed to default to the usb on startup.
I'd find a new guru.

Bookmarks & Social Networks