Ford Buy Back! - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #51
Top-Ace
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 61807
What I Drive: 2002, Silver Frost, ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Top-Ace Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It sounds like Ford probably won't do anything drastic about the problem just like the SPI valve seat issue. I know a few people myself that got royally screwed by that one.

It seems to me that the only way to get a proper resolution would be to start organizing a class action lawsuit, and forums are a good place to start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
12_T_Hatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87898
What I Drive: 12, White Platinum Metallic, Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 12_T_Hatch Good Standing Member
Well Plaza Lincoln is perplexed about my wipers. They are spending more time troubleshooting my wipers then Ford of Ocala ever did troubleshooting my transmission. Plaza Lincoln spent yesterday and today updating every system, module and sensor in my car. Oh and they replaced my battery since they used all the juice while updating everything. The kicker? They still have no clue what's causing my phantom wiping situation... But rather then telling me my wipers are behaving normally, they keep troubleshooting - and they have earned my respect bc of it.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #53
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Hi, I have the same problems you do, in the shop 10 times so far for the transmission/clutch grinding/jerking, two different dealerships, clutch inspection and replacement, escalation to CSMs through these forums, and I'm here to let you know that nothing has gotten done for me. The car still shudders on takeoff and still grinds between gears. Last time they did a "thorough" inspection and found no leaks, but saw that the clutch was pretty much shredded. They replaced the clutch and said "OK it's fixed!" When it obviously isn't fixed. The thing that causes the clutch to shred is the problem, the clutch is the victim. I guess I'm the only one around there that realizes it. I'm done with it all now, I'm about to submit my formal complaint and follow that up with swift legal action. I have all of my documentation from service and purchase.

As far as these transmissions go, talking to everyone I know on these forums about the problem, escalation to a CSM is pretty much the same as just wanting the whole thing to take longer. Eventually they still find nothing wrong, and the CSM stops answering your calls and stops returning them.

You can read a lot of my story here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292311

After the end of that post it has been back in 3 times, which makes a total of 61 days in service in the year that I've owned it. I'm not happy. I put 7k down on it and 20% of it paid off and I still owe more than it would be worth in excellent condition, instead of the pile of grinding, jerking metal that it is. I understand how buying a new car works, but I just wish I could have had the new car experience that comes along with that added cost. This is my first new car, and I had not heard of the trusty "don't buy a car in it's first model year." I have learned my lesson though. I owned a 1996 Ranger for 12 years and only had it in the shop for routine maintenance.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm obviously interested in the response to your letter from Ford if you get one. Please post here or PM me if you hear back from them.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #54
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
must be the real reason why they started offering Manuals in the Titaniums

keep us posted what happens
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #55
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 1994 Chevy S10 4x4

FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Lol, I would not be surprised if that was the reason... :P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile
PNW Crew #45
1994 Chevy S10 4x4 w/ 4.3 Vortec
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - For Sale
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - Written off
Nevin
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #56
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
Hi, I have the same problems you do, in the shop 10 times so far for the transmission/clutch grinding/jerking, two different dealerships, clutch inspection and replacement, escalation to CSMs through these forums, and I'm here to let you know that nothing has gotten done for me. The car still shudders on takeoff and still grinds between gears. Last time they did a "thorough" inspection and found no leaks, but saw that the clutch was pretty much shredded. They replaced the clutch and said "OK it's fixed!" When it obviously isn't fixed. The thing that causes the clutch to shred is the problem, the clutch is the victim. I guess I'm the only one around there that realizes it. I'm done with it all now, I'm about to submit my formal complaint and follow that up with swift legal action. I have all of my documentation from service and purchase.

As far as these transmissions go, talking to everyone I know on these forums about the problem, escalation to a CSM is pretty much the same as just wanting the whole thing to take longer. Eventually they still find nothing wrong, and the CSM stops answering your calls and stops returning them.

You can read a lot of my story here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292311

After the end of that post it has been back in 3 times, which makes a total of 61 days in service in the year that I've owned it. I'm not happy. I put 7k down on it and 20% of it paid off and I still owe more than it would be worth in excellent condition, instead of the pile of grinding, jerking metal that it is. I understand how buying a new car works, but I just wish I could have had the new car experience that comes along with that added cost. This is my first new car, and I had not heard of the trusty "don't buy a car in it's first model year." I have learned my lesson though. I owned a 1996 Ranger for 12 years and only had it in the shop for routine maintenance.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm obviously interested in the response to your letter from Ford if you get one. Please post here or PM me if you hear back from them.
Same exact thing in my case, except that I don't have some of the paperwork from the early visits.

3 different dealerships have told me everything is normal...well then color me surprised because no car should ever kill its own clutch if the shifting is done by the computer. Call it an automatic or not...it's irrelevant, because there's no way for me to better control the shifting (and I don't mean just shifting into the various gears, but rather *how* the clutch is engaged and disengaged, since that's where the problem lies).

Either way, the regional CSM stopped returning my calls, the service manager has told me a few times "That's how the car is meant to operate", and there's really no option other than trading it in for something else at a heavy loss (list price was around $30k, and Subaru said they'd give me around $21k including my extra set of wheels and tires). It's a giant rip-off and will be the *LAST* car I ever purchase from Ford.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #57
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
Propoganda, possibly from another manufacturer. Ford has outfitted a local rental facility nearby. If they was that bad..........It wouldnt have opened.
And by the way Ive seen a few US government cars around that are Focus with the DCT.......Im skectipal if these negetive posts are simply propaganda.

No dis respect intended to the OP.........

As you say ever since the tsb.It works great.
This type of post upsets me. If you don't have issues, I'm happy for you and hope your car continues to perform admirably; however, not believing people that *do* have problems and outright calling our posts propaganda? You're out of your mind, and downright rude.

Every major automobile review site in the United States has stated the problems inherent, not only in the Focus but with Ford itself. Ford has outright *refused* to fix things that are wrong with my car. The reason the government purchased Focuses for their runaround cars is because they were very well-received at launch and because they're relatively inexpensive for the things you get.

I don't fully comprehend your initial sentence...they opened a rental facility? As in they are renting out cars? Why would that have anything to do with issues with their cars? That's another avenue for revenue and has *nothing* to do with customer dissatisfaction.

"No dis respect", but if you come into a thread and outright call people liars, you should attempt to use proper grammar and logical thinking. Your post comes off as immature, disrespectful, and troll-like.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:49 AM   #58
fordblue
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97078
What I Drive: used to drive 2012 focus w/dct

FF Reputation: 1 fordblue Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
This type of post upsets me. If you don't have issues, I'm happy for you and hope your car continues to perform admirably; however, not believing people that *do* have problems and outright calling our posts propaganda? You're out of your mind, and downright rude.

Every major automobile review site in the United States has stated the problems inherent, not only in the Focus but with Ford itself. Ford has outright *refused* to fix things that are wrong with my car. The reason the government purchased Focuses for their runaround cars is because they were very well-received at launch and because they're relatively inexpensive for the things you get.

I don't fully comprehend your initial sentence...they opened a rental facility? As in they are renting out cars? Why would that have anything to do with issues with their cars? That's another avenue for revenue and has *nothing* to do with customer dissatisfaction.

"No dis respect", but if you come into a thread and outright call people liars, you should attempt to use proper grammar and logical thinking. Your post comes off as immature, disrespectful, and troll-like.

Show me where I called any one a liar.
I had problems too, But as I stated After the 12b37 its working good.
Thats my personal experience. You dont have to like my experience at all if you want.
Im over fifty year old , senile maybe, immature? ha. Would you like to see my big payment book? no troll here.Just straight up talk.[bootyshak

Last edited by fordblue; 12-05-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: whos rude?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #59
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Fortunately, mine has never exhibited any of this lurching / grinding behavior, but I'm not ruling it out for occuring down the road. There are quite a few people on here stating that the grinding didn't start until they reached 12,000 + miles.

It just defies logic how some cars are so seriously afflicted and seem unfixable, and others like mine never misbehave (other than my buggy MFT and neglecting to upshift past 4th gear after downshifting to pass, when in S mode). But the evidence is really piling up against this transmission and its 3 seemingly seperate issues (software not actuating clutches correctly, leaky seals causing bad clutch behavior, and some defect inside the gearbox causing that nasty grinding). The odds are really against it when it has so much to overcome.

This mess really makes me aware that I need to join and sift through specific-brand car forums BEFORE I make a purchase. As for me, I'm just going to work toward the goal of trading my Ti for an ST. I love everything else about this car. Trading MFT & DCT for a turbo & manual transmission is sounding better & better. If only it hadn't depreciated worse than a 90's era Hyundai.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #60
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
Fortunately, mine has never exhibited any of this lurching / grinding behavior, but I'm not ruling it out for occuring down the road. There are quite a few people on here stating that the grinding didn't start until they reached 12,000 + miles.

It just defies logic how some cars are so seriously afflicted and seem unfixable, and others like mine never misbehave (other than my buggy MFT and neglecting to upshift past 4th gear after downshifting to pass, when in S mode). But the evidence is really piling up against this transmission and its 3 seemingly seperate issues (software not actuating clutches correctly, leaky seals causing bad clutch behavior, and some defect inside the gearbox causing that nasty grinding). The odds are really against it when it has so much to overcome.

This mess really makes me aware that I need to join and sift through specific-brand car forums BEFORE I make a purchase. As for me, I'm just going to work toward the goal of trading my Ti for an ST. I love everything else about this car. Trading MFT & DCT for a turbo & manual transmission is sounding better & better. If only it hadn't depreciated worse than a 90's era Hyundai.
My wife's Ti has almost 20,000 miles on it and the DCT is wonderful. I will be getting the ST I ordered next week so we will be a multi-focused family. Good to hear that you too have no problems.

Bookmarks & Social Networks