Fuel delivery problem HELP! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I read in the first post that you dropped the tank and replaced the pump because you didn't hear the pump priming. It was probably bad. Now you aren't getting fuel out of the line coming out of the fuel tank. Other fuel system designs have 2 lines going to the tank. You might've read that Ford used a "returnless" fuel injection system on this car, so there is no return. You can't possibly be looking at the wrong line. There is also no FPR in this system to be blocking fuel flow. The fuel pump control module is what regulates the fuel pump speed through resistors to modulate the fuel flow to the engine. Yes, there is a flying saucer looking device on the fuel line near the fuel rail that looks like it might be an FPR. It's called the "fuel pulse damper". This post is just for knowledge's sake.

Your only course of action is to drop the tank again, and see what happened- possibly test the pump to be sure it is doing it's job. Just because it's making noise doesn't mean it is working. Something could be wrong with the pump from the factory.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
RMWFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106808
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 RMWFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm definitely going to open up the tank again and check it out. Thanks for the info guys, I will let u all kno what I find
Old 11-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Have you checked the inersha switch? Pass side kick panel. Make sure the button is pushed down
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #14
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The pump wouldn't buzz if it was the inertia switch/ fuel cutoff switch.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #15
RMWFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106808
What I Drive: 2005 ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 RMWFocus Good Standing Member
Well i pulled the sending unit back out of the tank and it was a stupid little issue like most things are. The dual port housing on top where the nipple coming out of the pump slides into in order to move fuel in to the sending unit flex-lines was not seated properly, which made the fuel just come out of the pump and go back into the tank. Once I seated the housing properly the seal was good and fuel went solely through the flex lines and out of the sending unit...life is good and the car runs great (knock on wood). Thanks for the help everybody.

Bookmarks & Social Networks