IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input. - Page 17 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #161
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 JCW GP

Points 2,504, Level 30
Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
They closed your case, fed you to the "Ideas" bureaucracy and stated a "forwarding to the right people".
Not much to be optimistic about if you ask me...
You have been absorbed... (Borg speak).
Doesn't mean I'm going to stop pursuing the root of this issue. I might have reached a dead end through Customer Service, but I was expecting that, really. I have other avenues to drive down.

If the problem comes back in my car, though, which I'm pretty sure it will, the answer to that is simple: I'm trading it in and taking the loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #162
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I got a call late in the day from my regional CSM, and this is how things went:

Since I stated that my clunk has disappeared, my current case has been closed. She seemed genuinely surprised at my findings, and she also said that she would pass my case results up the line in an effort to make sure that they catch the attention of the right people. As far as how much truth there was to her statements, I can't be certain, and I'll maintain my skepticism, but I'm also optimistic for the rest of you involved with this issue.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Crystal on what she's heard from body engineering or otherwise, but things have gone as far as they're gonna go with my regional CSM. My CSM did recommend that I visit the following website and submit my findings, though: http://Fordnewideas.com/

Car does still seems to be clunk free, 6 days later. Looks like I'll have some weather in the 60's next week, that'll be the real test.
just gobbledy and mumble jumble from ford if u ask me... No, i agree w/ u ... it does not look optimistic... Ford has a responsibility here esp after you did all THEIR work...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM   #163
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
If it does end up coming back I'm resolved to believing that it's simply a "soft chassis" issue with too much give in the tower structure and Ford knows about it, which no amount of ancillary bracing or stiffening to reduce slop will ever truly remedy.
Uni-body tech - Oh Brother!
Offing the car would then be the only real remedy...

I bought American, and Ford because of their so-called quality track-record, to get away from the European BS (VW). I had a sneaking suspicion that if Ford didn't follow-up with you with any real technical interest it would go the way of the bureaucracy. The "Ford Ideas" pivot was pretty telling. If all this social-media CS dancing in Focus Fanatics ends up being "for not", it will really be a tipping point and I personally won't be going quietly...
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #164
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
just gobbledy and mumble jumble from ford if u ask me... No, i agree w/ u ... it does not look optimistic... Ford has a responsibility here esp after you did all THEIR work...
a bit off topic here but i'm curious and maybe u guys can tell me why....
i used the term 'gobbledy ' when writing my previous post and when it appeared the '' was smiley faces... how'd that happen, and why? any ideas?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #165
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
a bit off topic here but i'm curious and maybe u guys can tell me why....
i used the term 'gobbledy ' when writing my previous post and when it appeared the '' was smiley faces... how'd that happen, and why? any ideas?
ok,, there.. see? did it again! there was no profanity or anything written that was insulting or bad or wrong.. so, why the censorship? grrrr.. i hate being censored....esp for not doing anything incorrectly.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #166
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
ok,, there.. see? did it again! there was no profanity or anything written that was insulting or bad or wrong.. so, why the censorship? grrrr.. i hate being censored....esp for not doing anything incorrectly.
It's auto-replace and done by the VBulletin or whatever it is they are using here. Is the word G (phonetic YOU) C K?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #167
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
It's auto-replace and done by the VBulletin or whatever it is they are using here. Is the word G (phonetic YOU) C K?
no, the - word was g - oh - oh - p like sticky yucky stuff... nothing i can see wrong w/ that.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #168
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
no, the - word was g - oh - oh - p like sticky yucky stuff... nothing i can see wrong w/ that.
Oh. LOL!
Then it is a filter list screw-up problem unless that is somehow a recent addition to the Sensitivity Dictionary for the Politically Correct.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #169
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Oh. LOL!
Then it is a filter list screw-up problem unless that is somehow a recent addition to the Sensitivity Dictionary for the Politically Correct.
ha ha.. yeah,, guess they're takin' pol. correct to an extreme... thnx.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #170
Shade-010
Sonic Crew # 010

Fan#: 87369
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport - 5 Speed

Points 14,110, Level 77
Points: 14,110, Level: 77 Points: 14,110, Level: 77 Points: 14,110, Level: 77
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 10 Shade-010 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Doesn't mean I'm going to stop pursuing the root of this issue. I might have reached a dead end through Customer Service, but I was expecting that, really. I have other avenues to drive down.

If the problem comes back in my car, though, which I'm pretty sure it will, the answer to that is simple: I'm trading it in and taking the loss.
You're not having any trust in the Fix you did? You say it will come back, but we still don't know if it will. Did you locktite the Bolts for the strut mount? I love the Car and don't want to try to trade it in, I just want it fixed and I hope your Fix does the job. If it doens't we can all go for a Class Action Lawsuit against Ford, and maybe then, they will wake the F'k up and get with the program.
http://www.rebeldevil.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.