Trans. work done car - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin-nole View Post
The wife just reported they replaced the clutch and seals. They also drove it and did the re-learn process. She said there was no stalling in reverse and it seems to shift fine. This was all city traffic and just a few miles that she drove it. We shall see when she put's highway miles on it with stop and go city miles.

They added a dye to the trans fluid and it showed up so they replaced clutch and seals.
Ya, keep an eye on it for around 2,000 miles. Even after just a reflash my transmission works wonderfully. 1,500-2,000 miles later it starts shuddering heavily again.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
fishin-nole
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99925
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic

Points 254, Level 5
Points: 254, Level: 5 Points: 254, Level: 5 Points: 254, Level: 5
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 fishin-nole Good Standing Member
It needs to be OKay I need to make a trip to OK next month.
1.71 60ft.
12.68@106
Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
fishin-nole
Focus Enthusiast

Points 254, Level 5
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Update: The wife said it is grinding again and shuddering slightly in reverse after 10 days out of the shop.
1.71 60ft.
12.68@106
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
sucof2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87385
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ti Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sucof2012 Good Standing Member
I wonder if the clutch/seals replacement is only a band aid masking a more serious problem with the DCT that only a full swap out or redesign would remedy the issue. Of course, hoping the replacement doesnít have any problems.

Iím curious if this is a QA manufacturing problem (parts not all being created within specs) since some DCT appear to have no problems while a lot of folks are having problems. Whatís going on in lovely Mexico????
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucof2012 View Post
I wonder if the clutch/seals replacement is only a band aid masking a more serious problem with the DCT that only a full swap out or redesign would remedy the issue. Of course, hoping the replacement doesnít have any problems.

Iím curious if this is a QA manufacturing problem (parts not all being created within specs) since some DCT appear to have no problems while a lot of folks are having problems. Whatís going on in lovely Mexico????
Assuming it's Mexico, management, workers revolting against whatever, poor quality parts, design flaw, or other factors not being mentioned... All deregulation does is make the potential for fraud easier. It doesn't mean it will or won't happen, though.

Mine still makes the harmless noise, but 3500 miles in there's no slippage or anything scary. Yet.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
sucof2012
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87385
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ti Focus

FF Reputation: 1 sucof2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Assuming it's Mexico, management, workers revolting against whatever, poor quality parts, design flaw, or other factors not being mentioned... All deregulation does is make the potential for fraud easier. It doesn't mean it will or won't happen, though.

Mine still makes the harmless noise, but 3500 miles in there's no slippage or anything scary. Yet.
Iím with you. Iím currently at 9500 miles with only the ďharmless noiseĒ as well from day one (8/1/11 build date factory ordered). Iím so nervous, after paying 26K for a new car and having my wife not even wanting to drive it because sheís afraid that she may break something. It shouldnít be this way. I need this car to last at least 10 to 15 years.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post

I wouldn't blame Mexico for this, I'm not defending them or Ford, but, VW moved a LOT of its operations to Peubla, Mexico over 20 years ago, and all of thier Jetta's, some Polo's and the oddball Golf/Passat are fully assembled there now (they even export a lot of product to EU from there now), and, after some intial "teething pains" in the early/mid 90's, the quality of product mimics that of the Dresden, Germany plant. In fact, if you google the Peubla plant, they modeled it exactly off of the Germany plant (including the Canadian maple hardwood floors used throughout), and use the same practices and training there to ensure uniformity.
I would assume Ford uses similar practices, and as for parts. The Getrag DCT is built in Germany and shipped to the assembly plant, so, if it is indeed a DCT problem, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the plant in Mexico. Programming on the other hand is Ford's issue, regardless of where the car is made.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 11-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,932, Level 33
Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33 Points: 2,932, Level: 33
Level Up 22% Completed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
I wouldn't blame Mexico for this, I'm not defending them or Ford, but, VW moved a LOT of its operations to Peubla, Mexico over 20 years ago, and all of thier Jetta's, some Polo's and the oddball Golf/Passat are fully assembled there now (they even export a lot of product to EU from there now), and, after some intial "teething pains" in the early/mid 90's, the quality of product mimics that of the Dresden, Germany plant. In fact, if you google the Peubla plant, they modeled it exactly off of the Germany plant (including the Canadian maple hardwood floors used throughout), and use the same practices and training there to ensure uniformity.
I would assume Ford uses similar practices, and as for parts. The Getrag DCT is built in Germany and shipped to the assembly plant, so, if it is indeed a DCT problem, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the plant in Mexico. Programming on the other hand is Ford's issue, regardless of where the car is made.
The DCT used in North American Focuses is not "...built in Germany and shipped to the assembly plant...". While I imagine a few components may be imported from Germany, it is mostly Mexican-made. Which of course is absolutely no excuse as Mexico produces lots of terrific cars and components.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,903, Level 66
Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66 Points: 9,903, Level: 66
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
The DCT used in North American Focuses is not "...built in Germany and shipped to the assembly plant...". While I imagine a few components may be imported from Germany, it is mostly Mexican-made. Which of course is absolutely no excuse as Mexico produces lots of terrific cars and components.
The export MK3 models built in Germany with the DCT (at least for Austrailia per one of our members on here unida767), has a mexican built DCT per the codes and labels shown on the outside of the gear case, with the same 2.0 L GDI engine built right here in Dearborn, Mi. So to say that they are even building any of them for Ford in Europe is a bit suspect until proven otherwise.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #20
fishin-nole
Focus Enthusiast

Points 254, Level 5
Level Up 8% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Well if it has to go back for another 2 weeks we may try to get a full buy back and get into a Fusion.
1.71 60ft.
12.68@106

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.