My Ford Touch Thread - Page 255 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #2541
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just wanted to chime in with an update and say that I'm absolutely loving 3.5.1. I tested out the bluetooth connectivity today with Pandora and IHeartRadio. Firstly, before MFT let me control anything (takes a few seconds once the MFT home screen pops up) it had already paired my phone, detected my iPod, etc. so that upon entering the entertainment quadrant I didn't have any preset highlight nonsense when the car detects a new source; they were already all there. It started on the source I left it on (in this case BT Audio) and upon playing music through my phone, it's updated the track/artist info correctly EVERYTIME, it used to stop updating the track/artist info and get stuck on whatever song it stopped at.

I believe my bluetooth call quality has improved as well, though as I said my car has never seemed to garner the complaints from the other end that many of you have had.

We're a huge step closer to where MFT should have been from the start.

Anyone with Nav and the updated SD card care to chime in on how Nav is doing?
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 06:32 PM   #2542
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
I am scheduled to go in on 11/28, as I requested the upgrade and the A4 card to correct the only complaints I have with this car - the Sync system locking up, NAV freezing, radio sometimes will not turn off and forgetting my iPhone4S all the time.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #2543
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104581
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
So wait. If I want to upgrade to the latest MFT I need a different card? Thus needing to book an appointment with my dealership?

Sent from your mom's house.
Sonics MK3 Crew #21
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #2544
HillbillyInBC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85169
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HillbillyInBC Good Standing Member
Got my 3.5.1 and A4 update installed today, and my initial experience (limited to about 10 minutes worth of initial futzing at the dealer and a 15 minute drive home) matches what others have reported. I did four stop-and-restart cycles before I left the dealer and Bluetooth audio worked every time. Nav found and tracked my position straight away. No problems indexing my iPod. Tried a few voice commands and they all worked first time. It'll be a while before I get any more time with it though; I'm off on a business trip for the next few weeks.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #2545
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC View Post
Got my 3.5.1 and A4 update installed today, and my initial experience (limited to about 10 minutes worth of initial futzing at the dealer and a 15 minute drive home) matches what others have reported. I did four stop-and-restart cycles before I left the dealer and Bluetooth audio worked every time. Nav found and tracked my position straight away. No problems indexing my iPod. Tried a few voice commands and they all worked first time. It'll be a while before I get any more time with it though; I'm off on a business trip for the next few weeks.
Glad to hear your initial experience is good. Here's to hoping we're finally on the road to a solid MFT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrigan View Post
So wait. If I want to upgrade to the latest MFT I need a different card? Thus needing to book an appointment with my dealership?

Correct. They've done some more work with the Nav and so far so good as far as Nav owners have reported. Seems like a worthwhile visit.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #2546
Merrigan
Focus Addict

I need to remember this tomorrow! Someone should reply to this for me in the morning.

Sonics MK3 Crew #21
Old 11-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #2547
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Called my dealership and the lady I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. So I guess I'll call back later and talk to someone else.

Sonics MK3 Crew #21
Old 11-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #2548
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrigan View Post
Called my dealership and the lady I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. So I guess I'll call back later and talk to someone else.

Refer them to TSB 12-11-01. There is a link to the pdf here in the first post of this thread if you want to bring a physical copy to show them:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301557
Old 11-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #2549
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
My wife just took the car in for an oil change. I told here to complain about the climate control getting messed up from the 3.2.2 update. They told her they fixed it but when I got home I checked and it was still v 3.2.2 and still messed up. Ugh!

Its such a pain to get it to the dealership, I'm stuck waiting until next oil change for the update. Why cant Ford just mail me the darn A4 card!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #2550
terpsnation
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105797
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 terpsnation Good Standing Member
Quick random question:

When I bought my car, it had MFT 3.0.2 installed. Everything seems to work correctly, so is there really any reason to upgrade to 3.2.2 or 3.5.1?

From reading a few threads on the updates, it seems like upgrading may expose me to the risk of having new bugs pop up. Any insight into this would be great.

Bookmarks & Social Networks