MFT 3.5.1 bugs - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #11
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aychdot View Post
Mine works pretty well except when I start the car. MFT wants to start at the first track on my usb no matter what I was previously listening to.
Mine has done this randomly, even before 3.5.1. I was hoping TSB 12-10-15 would fix it, but it didn't. Though it did fix the random FM channel I'd get when switch back to FM from a different source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
reh8388
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104886
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 4dr

FF Reputation: 1 reh8388 Good Standing Member
Ok, looks like I am the only one having issues with the new software. I had 3.2.2 installed when I purchased the vehicle just over a month ago. I never had any issues, the voice command always understood me and I could never understand why there were so many threads about the software. Anyways, I installed the 3.5.1 software last week and I regret it every day. So far what I have noticed:

Voice recognition is down to about 50% accurate (from about 98% with 3.2.2)

Reverse camera overlays (fixed and active lines) randomly change settings. I have it set to have both active and fixed. Sometimes it switches them both off, sometimes it just switches the active off. I have to go into the settings and turn them back on almost every day now which is really annoying.

I also noticed that the phonebook download takes forever.

If I remember any of the other bugs I have noticed I will post them.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by reh8388 View Post
Ok, looks like I am the only one having issues with the new software. I had 3.2.2 installed when I purchased the vehicle just over a month ago. I never had any issues, the voice command always understood me and I could never understand why there were so many threads about the software. Anyways, I installed the 3.5.1 software last week and I regret it every day. So far what I have noticed:

Voice recognition is down to about 50% accurate (from about 98% with 3.2.2)

Reverse camera overlays (fixed and active lines) randomly change settings. I have it set to have both active and fixed. Sometimes it switches them both off, sometimes it just switches the active off. I have to go into the settings and turn them back on almost every day now which is really annoying.

I also noticed that the phonebook download takes forever.

If I remember any of the other bugs I have noticed I will post them.
You might try a master reset. Many have reported issues fixed doing a master reset after 3.5.1 update.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
This morning mine did something that I really hoped had been fixed; it failed to recognize my USB drive.

On the plus side, instead of dumping me to some random radio station after it failed, it took me right to my previously selected preset FM station.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Had my first crash/reboot yesterday. Fired up the car, let everything load, and before I even made it out of the driveway the screen went black and launched "scheduled maintenance".

Had this one happen twice to me so far (first time I hoped it was a one-off so I didn't think much of it but it happened again a little while ago). Told it to play a song. Brought up a list of four lines for me to choose from. The first line was just the song title, not followed by a band name. The next three lines were the same song title but each one was followed by a band name. Thing is, though, none of those bands have a song by that title.

Just went out to run acouple of errands and I noticed no breadcrumbs were being laid down on my map. I had them previously set to on. I checked and they were still set to on in the menu. Turned them off and immediately back on again and when I checked the map it was putting them down again.

Ah, let the quirky MFT behavior commence (still 1,000 times better than it was w/3.0.2 for me though).
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
kelscar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88165
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kelscar Good Standing Member
911 assist reminder still pops up even though the settings are set to off. This also happened with 3.0.2. So I finally caved and set it to on in order to get the reminder to go away.

Also, source switched from USB to SD card after hanging up a phone call.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Had another quirk happen today, would not recognize the wifes phone (samsung galaxy S3 i747 on att) had to stop the car, shut it off, open door, then close door and restart car to get it to recognize phone.

Even tho 3.02 was buggy and 2.xx was really bad, they never failed to recognize the phone.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #18
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Audio source randomly defaults to AV at start up and is quite annoying.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #19
phrozen087
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103683
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 phrozen087 Good Standing Member
Thought I would share my experience with the MFT 3.5.1 update. Before I was on 3.0.2, and had a world of problems. Laggy, bluetooth connections constantly messing up, settings dropping, continuous resets, just a whole world of hurt.

So, a little over a week ago I went to my dealer to get an oil change and have them do all the updates. Took a few hours for everything to get completed, but afterwards, following the update and a master reset I was starting fresh on 3.5.1. To this point, I have no run into a single problem, knock on wood. Here are a few of the big things I have noticed that seem to be fixed. For reference, I am using a HTC Incredible 2 phone running Android 4.1.

Media Player:
1) Bluetooth connections and audio connect much faster and are more reliable. After numerous short trips of hopping in and out of the car, the system never seemed to get messed up. Previously on 3.0.2, the entire MFT would basically give up by the 3rd restart in a short time and I sometimes had to just delete the phone and re-add it after rebooting the MFT system.

2) When selecting bluetooth audio now, if the device hasn't been detected it will detect and start playing. Previously, you had to click to detect, then return to the homescreen and then select bluetooth because the option got stuck highlighted. This is now fixed.

3) Also both the FM radio and Sirius seem to search almost 2-3x as fast which is a welcome relief from the mountains of lag before.

Phone:
1) Phone call audio, dialing and phone book seems to be fixed. My phonebook now doesn't auto-delete every 5 minutes like it did in 3.0.2.

2) Audio call quality is miles better. People didn't even realize I was on the phone. One person even said "Oh wow, I thought you were talking into the phone, because your car audio was terrible before but I just didn't want to say anything." Also calls seem to reliably connect and answer more quickly now.

Climate Control:
1) All the climate control stuff seems to be working perfectly normal.

Navigation:
1) New navigation is much faster and smoother than before.

2) I was having tons of reboots when navigation was used for an extended period of time before. Now the system seems to be very stable.

3) On the home screen the navigation displays the current street you are on regularly. Before, in 3.0.2, this was really hit and miss if it ever worked. It seems to be fixed now.

4) Entering and finding locations, especially when using the on-screen keyboard is MUCH better. It is now fast and smooth. I've also noticed the layouts seem to be better in the menus.

5) All of the new menus, and the new navigation layout are really nice and work well. The settings are much more convenient and easy to use now. Also zooming and panning is faster than before. Panning is still a little slow but, all in all, it is a lot better.

6) Lastly, the maps load much faster now. There is still a slight delay as they are read, but they appear correctly much quicker.

Overall Interface Changes:
1) The clock and a few settings, along with outside air temperature are working.

2) The messups on the homescreen seem to be pretty much fixed from what I can see.

3) The animations all seem to be either significantly shortened, or largely removed. This makes the whole interface much more snappy and less frustrating.

Other Possible Changes I noticed:
Not sure if this was part of 3.5.1 but I noticed that the dash-display, the area directly in front of the wheel now responds much faster than before. A lot of the animations here seem to be sped up and shortened. So overall everything feels much smoother.

Conclusion
After playing with the update for a week (and really trying to screw it up) the system is still moving along strong. I haven't run in to any reboots, and bluetooth and everything are still without problems. I was a little hesitant to get the update, but I have to say that the difference is night and day between 3.0.2 and 3.5.1. I am finally not pissed at my MFT system when I wake up every morning. There are probably some changes that I missed, since I don't use everything, but this is an update you don't want to wait or pass on. I'd try to swing by your dealer as soon as you can. Now that my transmission ironed out, and the MFT update fixed most of the system, I have to say that for the first time since buying the car this summer I am really 100% pleased (or at least 99%) with my purchase of this vehicle. Really starting to love this car now!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #20
Bigbot45
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87124
What I Drive: 2014 Q50 - Formally 2012 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Bigbot45 Good Standing Member
1) All of the Sirius information services I pay extra $$$ for stop working randomly. I was driving out of NYC when the MFT said I didn't subscribe to any of the extra services. This probably cost me another 1/2 hour in my trip home as I was stuck in heavy traffic. I was counting on the Nav to use the Sirius traffic service to avoid it. After getting out of traffic and stopping at a rest stop and shutting the car off the services came back.
2) I used a way-point for the navigation trip home and the MFT would not update the ETA or distance remaining during the way-point leg.
3) When I turn on the car or cycle power on the entertainment section of the MFT I will get a random source of music upon restart.
4) The navigation seems to stutter, and will change the view from 3D to 2D on its own.
5) MFT is still too sensitive to changing ambient light. I drive lots of back roads and while transitioning from light to shade, or while driving during dawn/dusk, the light level of the MFT can change every 10 seconds, very distracting.
1990 Mazda Protege <-- 1986 Subaru GL-10 Turbo
1986 Volvo 240 DL

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->