2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running) - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #81
fastdadio
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106597
What I Drive: 2013 focus

FF Reputation: 1 fastdadio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sorry, ain't buying it

My 2013 focus also makes the noise discussed here. I have read all posts in this thread. Motors and soleniods do not need to "wake up" Sorry, thats total BS. I can accept that there may be a pre-start sequence that takes place. however I'm going to allow 1 sequence to set up what ever needs to be "set up'. Not a continous short cycle or repeated set up cycles for 10 minuits. This certainly is causing needless wear on whatever part it is that makes the noise. The very fact that it is random and not present in all vehicles tells me it's not right. Ford needs to get to the bottom of this quick and quit insulting the intelligence of their customers with their 'It needs to wake up' nonsense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #82
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
The very fact that it is random and not present in all vehicles tells me it's not right.
Random?

Look up the word "firmware".

To assume that all 3rd generation Focuses (2012 and 2013) will have identical firmware in all modules is absurd.

Quote:
Ford needs to get to the bottom of this quick and quit insulting the intelligence of their customers with their 'It needs to wake up' nonsense.
You shouldn't believe everything that you read.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #83
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubagolf View Post
My issue is the dealer professed ignorance about the issue.
Wow...

I would be totally amazed if anyone at any Ford dealership fully understood what was happening.

Last edited by Kabigon; 11-24-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #84
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubagolf View Post
Do YOU have this whirr-click-click every time you open the car door? My issue is the dealer professed ignorance about the issue. I smell a class action coming.
Yes, there is a couple of small noises > like a systems ready "check". It is the same every time and the car operates well.

As an added note :

For all of you out there that are overly worried about every small sound, squeak, or DCT chatter, just get rid of the car before the 3 year / 36000 mile warranty is up. That way you have nothing to worry about from a mechanical standpoint. I will admit that it is easy to get "caught up" with worry if you spend too much time on this forum reading a lot of the so called issues that people are having. Drive it. If something LEGITIMATE goes wrong with the car, then bring it back to the nice folks that sold it to you.

Too many times these threads turn into a negative bitch fest (IMO).....
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #85
Scubagolf
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106585
What I Drive: 2013 ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 Scubagolf Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=Too many times these threads turn into a negative bitch fest (IMO).....[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it might get someone's attention.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #86
mbchauvin1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106542
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatch back

FF Reputation: 1 mbchauvin1 Good Standing Member
Well Said

Quote:
My 2013 focus also makes the noise discussed here. I have read all posts in this thread. Motors and soleniods do not need to "wake up" Sorry, thats total BS. I can accept that there may be a pre-start sequence that takes place. however I'm going to allow 1 sequence to set up what ever needs to be "set up'. Not a continous short cycle or repeated set up cycles for 10 minuits. This certainly is causing needless wear on whatever part it is that makes the noise. The very fact that it is random and not present in all vehicles tells me it's not right. Ford needs to get to the bottom of this quick and quit insulting the intelligence of their customers with their 'It needs to wake up' nonsense.
My feelings the same. I'm not buying into any of it. The ceiling interior lights even dim down a bit when the clicking noise starts on my wifes brand new 2013 Focus.. Why the hell are we on this forum trying to find anwsers. Simply because Ford will not acknowlege this issue. Theres a bug in our vehicles 2013 Focus .PERIOD.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #87
able2358
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106565
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: 1 able2358 Good Standing Member
At least I leased mine. All the people saying don't worry about it must work for Ford. I have to imagine this is costing them a bunch of sales. Everyone I see that asked if I like our car I let them listen to the so called normal noise.
Its some sort of software glitch they can't figure out so its deemed normal.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #88
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Anyone else think it is interesting that all the posters to this thread having a total s-fit over this seeming non-issue all have a post count of one or two posts at most before coming to a this thread? If I were the suspicious sort I might start to suspect something.

Sent from my Obamaphone using FF Mobile.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #89
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Anyone else think it is interesting that all the posters to this thread having a total s-fit over this seeming non-issue all have a post count of one or two posts at most before coming to a this thread? If I were the suspicious sort I might start to suspect something.

I find it even more interesting that everybody throwing a s-fit has exactly no idea what's making the noise or why, but they all just KNOW it's not right. They fail to realize the technology in their 199x POS they just gave up to get this car is light years behind the technology in this car. I haven't posted more in here because I decided to just sit back and watch the comedy unravel.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #90
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
I am kinda starting to wonder if "people" is really just one person.

Bookmarks & Social Networks