TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #231
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dealer called and said they had our update for the Ti, went down there and they installed it and gave us an A4 card for the nav. It's nice to have the temp display back with 3.5.1
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #232
fxdchd
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103857
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 fxdchd Good Standing Member
Installed the 3.5.1 update this morning without issue and performed a master reset and reboot afterward for good measure. I reconnected my 500 gb usb drive with my music (a little over 1,000 songs) and it reindexed and built the voice commands quickly and without issue.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the Vehicle Health Report still doesn't work after the update. That's not true, at lease for me. After the update I tried the report and it failed so I went looking around in my syncmyride account settings. The instructions on the site state that you must activate the report in your settings before you can run it, but I couldn't find that setting anywhere. I did see that I have an old mobile phone number in my account and then I remembered that an info screen comes up stating that caller id must not be blocked on your phone when you run the report. I changed my mobile number to the correct one that I have paired with MFT, went back to the car and ran the Vehicle Health Report again. Voila, success. It appeared in my syncmyride account in less than 10 minutes.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #233
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxdchd View Post
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the Vehicle Health Report still doesn't work after the update. That's not true, at lease for me.
Worked for me also. I had to run one because the dealer didn't report my 3.5.1 update after they installed it apparently. SMR was still showing I was on 3.2.2. Ran the report and SMR updated and reflected the fact that I am now on 3.5.1.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #234
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Anyone had any issue when you switch SIrus Presets that it doesn't change immediately? It's happened twice to me now. You can be on one station and then hit another preset and it can take up to 5 mins before it will switch to the other station.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #235
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Anyone had any issue when you switch SIrus Presets that it doesn't change immediately? It's happened twice to me now. You can be on one station and then hit another preset and it can take up to 5 mins before it will switch to the other station.
Did you try a reboot? Sounds like a performance issue versus a programming one.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #236
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Did you try a reboot? Sounds like a performance issue versus a programming one.
I need too. I had a link to download it. Would that be handy anywhere?
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #237
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
I need too. I had a link to download it. Would that be handy anywhere?
Doh!. I found it!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #238
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
If others have posted this as well, consider mine a "me too". On 3.2.2, MFT would read my text messages to me from my Android phone. Since installing 3.5.1, it tells me my phone does not support text messaging when I give the "listen to message" voice command. But, if I press the "listen" button on the screen pop-up, it will still read the message.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #239
AndrewJay
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101438
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 AndrewJay Good Standing Member
They put the new update on mine yesterday after I brought it in to have them look at a few other things. Didn't quite work out so well - and now the whole unit is frozen. You can go through the settings, but there is a significant delay. AM, FM, Sirius, CD, USB, etc. doesn't work at all. They told me that they have to order a whole new unit.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #240
Rememo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95534
What I Drive: Was 2012 Focus. Now 2013 Impreza.

FF Reputation: 3 Rememo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJay View Post
They put the new update on mine yesterday after I brought it in to have them look at a few other things. Didn't quite work out so well - and now the whole unit is frozen. You can go through the settings, but there is a significant delay. AM, FM, Sirius, CD, USB, etc. doesn't work at all. They told me that they have to order a whole new unit.

It took the tech. that did my update three hours to get the update to take. He tried various methods of updating that didn't work, followed by a "forced update" that finally worked. Having my car running for that long dropped my average MPG to 1.2 mpg...

Anyway... if your tech. gave up too easily, maybe he/she should try again.

Bookmarks & Social Networks