Need help with Remote Start Alarm install - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2005, 01:02 PM   #11
briandg510
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3966
What I Drive: 2001 Fort Knox Gold ZTS

Points 1,374, Level 20
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 118 briandg510 Excellent Standing Member briandg510 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
I did diode isolate them as you instructed me. Thanks for the professional help you gave me(& to others who have read this thread). I'll post (more) question when any problem arises.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2005, 01:07 AM   #12
briandg510
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,374, Level 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 118 briandg510 Excellent Standing Member briandg510 Excellent Standing Member
The alarm is now working except for the Remote Starter...

I got the Transponder keys cut. I was trying to program it but failed.
I did this :

1) put key #1 in the ignition, and turn the key forward (do not start vehicle) wait for (!) light
to go off. remove key

2) put key #2 in the ignition, turn key, wait for (!) to go off. remove key.

3) put the new cut key in the ignition and turn it on.

I think my third step is wrong. Do I have to just insert it without turning it on and wait a few seconds and take it out?

Or maybe I wired my Bypass Module wrong. This is what I did...

I connected the Blue/Black of the 9 pin connector to the White/Green of the Bypass Module and I connected the Yellow/Green of the B/M to the 12V constant(RED WIRE). Now, is my wiring correct for B/M?

I also have question about my wiring for the starter disable. I followed this diagram...

I connected everything as shown, but I am uncertain to where the blue wire goes. I did connect the blue wire of the relay to the Green/Yellow(Ignition1) of the Ignition switch harness. Did I do the wiring correctly?
Old 05-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #13
SQFocusZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4729
What I Drive: 2000 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 2 SQFocusZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
try programming the key using the ignition key cylinder....

so, put key 1 in, turn it to 'on', wait for light to go off, shut car off (you have a 10 second window between keys)

put key 2 in, turn it to 'on', wait for light to go off, shut car off (same 10 second window)

put freshly cut key in, and START the vehicle.

if you purchased the correct key, the car should start and stay running. you have successfully programmed a 3rd key.

now, if you want to make sure youre remote start works w/o using the bypass module, do this trick ---

stick a GOOD key in the ignition but do not turn the cylinder... just stick it in. then, activate the remote start. if your wiring is correct, the vehicle WILL remote start. deactivate the remote start. take a key and put it in the bypass module.

if you're having trouble getting it started reliably, my suggestion is to make sure the antenna 'ring' is closer to the ignition key hole than the factory ring

the bypass module wiring looks good.

re: starter kill...

the blue wire gets connected to the ignition wire of the vehicle. what happens is, when you ARM the alarm. the ORANGE ['connect to orange wire of alarm'] wire goes to ground. currently, the starter wire is still connected through the pins 87a and 30 on the relay. the blue wire on the relay goes to the ignition wire for this simple reason:

lets say the thief gains acess to your interior, and tries (and successfully) gets a screwdriver to turn your ignition to the ON position. well, when the ignition wire gets energized, the relay also energizes BREAKING the contact between 87a and 30, thus not allowing the starter to crank... this is true even if you have the ignition key. once the key is turned back from off (or screwdriver or whatever), the relay will click 'off' and teh starter wire will be reconnected. you follow this ?

-john
SQF

Certified MASTER Installer
one of 72 in the world...
Old 05-28-2005, 09:16 PM   #14
briandg510
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,374, Level 20
Level Up 74% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Captain(brain): Start the car soldier.
Soldier(thumb): Yes, captain. Press the start button.
Car: Cranks and vroom.
Soldier: Car is ready captain.
Captain: Good work, soldier.

I'm just happy. Everything is working! Thanks for the help of everyone especially John.

There is a how to program a key in the owner's manual. It is page 76.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #15
ukscarface
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46765
What I Drive: 2000 Moondust Silver 2.0 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ukscarface Good Standing Member
Help Help Help!!

I am in desperate need of help. when i wired in my alarm i am trying to get the system to unlock itself, the lock feature works a treat but when i try to unlock all i manage to do is unlock the boot release, i know that the door unlock and trunk are both using the same wire (black/Yellow) so i assume i might need a relay or somthing, anyone had this poblem and overcome?? any ideas appreciated, i have tried for days now!!! HELP HELP HELP! danny.hathaway@ntlworld.com ford replies direct please thanks in advance
Old 11-24-2012, 05:34 AM   #16
Ladybugg
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105380
What I Drive: 2003 charcoal focus zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Ladybugg Good Standing Member
Hi! Where exactly do I find a "how to" on remote start/alarms?
I have a viper system that I am interested in installing myself

Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.