2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 58 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #571
throopd
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106513
What I Drive: 2013, Tuxedo Black Focus

FF Reputation: 1 throopd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
First Happy Thanksgiving to all as we have so much to be thankful for. I'll start by letting you know that I was born and raised in south Detroit. My father was a Ford worker and I grew up around cars. I spent many a night in the garage tinkering with my dads cars and learning all about them. I have owned 9 Fords in my young 33 years of age. My garage is full wall to wall with Ford racing signage. I have ALWAYS been a Ford man, convinced many others to consider Ford and more importantly to buy American before all else. I vividly remember splitting a banana with my sister for dinner in the 80's when my father was laid off for 4 years during the recession. So I always encourage anyone willing to listen to buy American and to consider Ford first. I purchased a brand new 2013 Focus on Nov 14th. I had all of the commonly reported issues and took it back to the dealer on Nov 17th. The dealer without any hesitation swapped my keys for a slightly more expensive one, which I gladly paid the $600+ difference to avoid additional headaches and stress. The second car has exactly the same grinding noises that are so loud I had two people in city traffic yesterday ask me "what was wrong with my car" or "hey is that your car making that grinding noise?". My wife refuses to ride in the car with me for fear of the transmission going out while doing 70 on the freeway. I can certainly understand some transmission hesitation due to the nature of an automatic in low gears. However, metal grinding on metal is NEVER a good thing from a mechanical engineering perspective. In my opinion the Ford Focus is not fit to drive and should be recalled immediately. A new car buying experience is supposed to be memorable. Putting down $26k on a new car only to have to put it right into the shop, take days off of work, deal with the stress and angst I now have with my wife over this purchase is NOT what I would have ever expected from Ford Motor Company. Losing market share seems to be more important to Ford than losing EXTREMELY loyal Ford customers. Don't get me wrong, the dealer has been great and Ford customer service has been great as well. However, the greatest customer service in the world won't fix this engineering problem. I want the keys to my $46k FX4 back, so I can take it elsewhere and purchase a compact car that is reliable. This is an Executive Management issue within Ford Motor Company. They released this transmission and were willing to lose customers to retain market share in the compact segment. Aside from the frustration I have over this, above all else I am DISAPPOINTED. After 30+ years of Ford loyalty and "cheerleading" I'm pretty sure that I will be parting ways. I'm going to go thru the motions and further aggravation in hopes of the Georgia lemon law to do its part. It's truly a sad situation... respectfully with a pit in my stomach -Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #572
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE View Post
Hi Everybody,

Been alurker for a while.Iwould like to share my Experience.
I purchased a Brand new 2012 Ford Focus SE in May 2011. Love the car since the very first time Iseen a comercial of it. I trully fell in love specially when I have seen the Race car version specially with the high wing at the back. Any way. Purchased an SE and was planning to purchase a stick shift
transmission. Since 17 years old, I have been driving stick shift and learned driving from a 1963VW Bug. Anyway I was at the dealer and noticed the gas mileage chart betweena stick shift Focus and an Automatic. I ask the sale man why the automatic transmission gets better gas mileage.
His response was becauseof the new 6 speed transmission and the stick is only five. Since I commute 110 miles a day (To and from work) 80 milesof that was freeway driving and the 20 miles was city driving. I have no complains, every thing was fine and love the car. One day , received a recall notice from ford concerning a roll backs on an incline. Well, I was thinking , I did not have any problems with mine rollingback but was still concern.

So after two to three weeks and finally got a day off from work, decided to
take my car to the dealer close to the house ( 9 Miles) and get the recall
done. BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER DID .At first the dealer did not know what I was talking about then they called Ford and gotan anwers but they were having problems with down loading the new program and they end up keeping my car overnight till the next day. To make the story short..

Since the recall work, my car was never the same. All the signs that every body in this forum are talking about I have, Every thing that the people here are saying what their ford techniciansin are saying regards to the transmission learning the new programs,etc. etc. I also have heard..

I have taken my Focus since the recallfour times now and still not fixed.I love the car,I love the gas mileage before the recall, I was getting an average of 39.6 milesto gallon city/hwy, after the recall 36 MPG average. I purchase a standard white colr Focus 5 Door hatch back and triked it out . I still drive it since I did not have a choice because I can not afford to purchase another car. All I am asking to the FORD Engineers and Ford Company 1s to find a fix. I hope I am not asking much and so as other thousand of other Focus owners. For FORD company...All I can say was we believe on you, we want to support an american company auto maker but with this kind of problem, do youblame people on turning to imports. Like I said I am a 59 year old working man, I work hard for the money I earned. I do not mind spending it on an american product all we ask ws to fix ourcars.

I could have attached a picture of my 2012 Focus SE, Hatch. Mighty proud of it specially I did all the customizing. . Maybe on my next post..

FOR FORDCOMPANY!!!!!!!Still looking for help to get mycar fix...
Looks like you will see dealer soon. Keep us posted on your findings.
As of me; I think it's just coincidence with your programming. I doubt it have anything to do with mechanical noise or stuttering on take off.
In my case they reprogrammed it 3times, only thing changes when that's done is shift schedule. Usually after program it up shifts aggressively, trying to get to higher gears for better mpg.
Keep a us posted, since we all sinking in in the boat.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #573
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106372
What I Drive: 2012 WHITE SE, HATCH

FF Reputation: 1 YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE Good Standing Member
I totally agree with MJB457,

I had a perfect car, no issue at all, getting 39 MPG average , 40 on hwy cruising the interstate.

" MY BIGGEST MISTAKE " TAKING MY FOCUS FOR A RECALL FIX!!!!!

My Current, FORD DEALER " BILTON FORD " where I take my Focus nowadays are awesome, they are good people that care about your concerns. They treat you like people and I did not even bought my car from them. The dealer I purchased my car they are crapp. I should have learned the first time when I have purchased my 2001 Ford Expedition from them. I still drive my Expedition once in a while since it sucks up gas ,can not drive it to and from work anymore since I commute to work about 100-110 miles five days a week to work. GAS prices was just draining my pocket.
Main reason Ipurchased my 2012 FOCUS.

In defense for Ms.Crystal( FORD CUSTOMER REL.).. Come on guy's She's doing her best and trying to help us and everybody that has problems to geta fix...

Thank You Ms.Crystal for all your effort and support we all appreciate very much.

I am all in agreement and on the same boat for all the people on this forum for their recommendations and concerns. Like Y'all said FORD MANAGEMENT HASTO DO SOMETHING.

I AM TOTALLY IN AGREEMENT WITH mjb457:

FORD !!!!!WE ALL WORK HARD FOR OUR MONEY, PLEASE DO NOT HAVE OUR HARD EARNED DOLLARS GO DOWN THE TUBES WITH ISSUES... STOP THE PAIN!!!!!

Check out my AVATAR. MY 2012 FORD FOCUS after my personalization !!! NOT BAD for a 59 years old man driving it!!!! LOL..LOL!!!!!

" YA ALL HAVE AN AWESOME THANKSGIVING"!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!

Yappy!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #574
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

Yappys 2012focus before and after

TAKING A BREAK ABOUT THE BAD SIDE AND PROBLEMS ON MY 2012 FOCUS, JUST WANTED TO SHARE........

05-2011 PROUD MOMENT (BEFORE )

AFTER 10 YEARS OF PENNY PINCHING ,SAVING AND DRIVING MY 2001 FORD EXPEDITION (74 K MILES NOW ) TO AND FROM WORK.

AFTER...CURRENT:11-2012

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e212/boxter98_99/100_1379.jpg
[IMG]

Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #575
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
Crystal....I know you work for Ford...you are a very nice person just doing your job.... for many weeks Ive observed you helping people out with the same DCT trans issue----same post send me your email vin etc... this to me as a Ford Focus owner like everyone else is getting old..... why doesnt Ford just come out with a blanket recall(FIX) and extend the Warranties on the DCT unconditionally for a long time! 10years 125k miles! I know you arent in any position to do this,,,, but take it to your boss and even higher... please dont have our hard earned dollars go down the tubes with issues,,, stop the pain,,,, thanks MJB
Hi mjb457,

I know this has been a frustrating experience for everyone. Every time I escalate a case, more data is in the hands of our engineers so that they can work on a fix. Since my piece of this (escalating a case) contributes towards a solution, I try to find as many people as I can to help.

Trust me, the minute I hear any news about a potential TSB or FSA, I will race over here to inform everyone.

As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to me via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throopd View Post
...I purchased a brand new 2013 Focus on Nov 14th. I had all of the commonly reported issues and took it back to the dealer on Nov 17th. The dealer without any hesitation swapped my keys for a slightly more expensive one, which I gladly paid the $600+ difference to avoid additional headaches and stress. The second car has exactly the same grinding noises that are so loud I had two people in city traffic yesterday ask me "what was wrong with my car" or "hey is that your car making that grinding noise?". My wife refuses to ride in the car with me for fear of the transmission going out while doing 70 on the freeway. I can certainly understand some transmission hesitation due to the nature of an automatic in low gears. However, metal grinding on metal is NEVER a good thing from a mechanical engineering perspective...
Hi throopd,

I'm happy to get your regional customer service manager involved so they can work on a resolution for you. To get started, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get started!

Quote:
...In defense for Ms.Crystal( FORD CUSTOMER REL.).. Come on guy's She's doing her best and trying to help us and everybody that has problems to geta fix...

Thank You Ms.Crystal for all your effort and support we all appreciate very much...
Thanks, YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE! You've brightened my day!

Have a great weekend,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #576
matrix00000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106442
What I Drive: 2012 Frozen White Sport

FF Reputation: 1 matrix00000 Good Standing Member
FORD CHEATING THEM CUSTOMERS
I exposed a Commercial fraud from Ford Middle East agent, as they sold me the new Ford Focus 2012 without to notified me the comment of the new transmission technology and bad behaviour it has, I surprised high shudders, shakes in Transmission as it doesn't accelerate as it should, along with allot of vibration coming with first shift car start moving and finally roughness voice at engine with car slowdown speed.
It first time to find FORD CHEATING THEM CUSTOMERS
Old 11-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #577
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

2012 Focus Transmission Shaking

Hi all,

Hope everybody had a great T-giving.

Just want to shere my experience this morning. Left for work at 0500 this morning. It was about 30 degrees outside when I started my Focus. Leaving the driveway to the main road and off for a 50 miles trip to the city for work.
I usually take the secondary roads and then jump to the Interstate. This morning I noticed for the next seven miles including the time I jumped into the Interstate my focus was shifting smooth like before I had the recall. It was shifting smooth. Drove on the insterstate for about 40 miles to my exit. By the time I took my exit there was a temperature change from 30 degrees when I started from home to 41 degrees by the time I was on my exit in the city and have driven 47 miles. On the traffic light, I proceeded to head on to work for another 4 miles or so and it started to act again .

Have you guys have experienced what I experienced. Does Temperature has anything to do with it. I usually noticed that the transmission acted more worse when it is hot ( Above 65 Degrees) and I have driven for a while specially the city driving.

What do you think. Has anybody else has the same experienced as I did.

Ms. Crystal FORD REP.: Just my observation . Maybe something your FORD ENGINEERS to look at and help your FORD ENGINEERS. Just My two cents....

YAPPY
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #578
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
...Ms. Crystal FORD REP.: Just my observation . Maybe something your FORD ENGINEERS to look at and help your FORD ENGINEERS...
Hi again, YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE,

Thanks for keeping us updated on your Focus! I added a note to your case about this; your customer service manager will be aware of it the next time you speak to each other. If you need anything else, you know how to reach me.

Thanks again,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #579
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

From my previous posting, I decided to see what it will do in reverse of my morning commute.
Left from work at 1515 this Afternoon and the Outside temp was 71 degrees. . It was shifting smooth since leaving work and for the next three light ( About 3 miles ) city driving. The 4th Traffic light it was back, all the symptoms, started acting again.Drove on the insterstate for about 40 miles to my exit. Another 9 miles to the home turf, By the time I got to the home turf the temperature was down to 63 Degrees. All the way home , From the 4th traffic light to the home turf the problem was there.

I usually noticed that the transmission acted more worse when it is hot ( Above 65 Degrees) and I have driven for a while specially the city driving.

Ms. Crystal FORD REP.: Just my observation . Maybe something your FORD ENGINEERS to look at and help your FORD ENGINEERS. Just My two cents....
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #580
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
With the symptoms you describe I don't think it's the outside temperature causing the problem, though it could be a small contributor. As you drive the car, the clutches do heat up, partly because of friction when they are used and partly because of heat transferred from the engine. While I suppose the clutches get hotter on a 100 degree day than a 30 degree day, I think it's the driving that brings out the problem for you.

It could be that you have some oil on your clutch plates that allows the clutches to slip more than intended when you drive, heating them up. A really hot clutch will have different characteristics than a cold one and the things your car has "learned" may no longer work.

Also, the clutches can take some time to "break-in", so if your car has fewer than 1,000 miles or is driven mostly on the highway, it may need a little more time to complete this process. The DCTs do seem to generally improve with age.

Dealer service departments seem to have lots of trouble with the DCT. They aren't very good or patient when trying to diagnose intermittent or driveability issues and tend to rely on computer diagnostics for troubleshooting, which doesn't help here. There's no reason your DCT shouldn't work well; keep after the dealer until you get a resolution.

Bookmarks & Social Networks