My Ford Touch Thread - Page 253 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #2521
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeFocus View Post
Cool! Thanks. That is what I was looking for and to answer your question, yes, the Home Screen navigation square - with the compass.

So V3.5.1 is dealer installed only, right?
And does it require that they replace the SD navi-data card in the process?
Yes, since you have nav you will have to have the dealer do it under a TSB. You will get a new A4 nav card as the A3 will not work after 3.5.1 is installed. Being that it is a TSB you will have to "convince" your dealer to do it, they don't have to if they don't think there is a problem with your current version. I've had it for a week though and trust me, do what you have to do to get them to do it. A lot of fixes in this update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #2522
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yes, since you have nav you will have to have the dealer do it under a TSB. You will get a new A4 nav card as the A3 will not work after 3.5.1 is installed. Being that it is a TSB you will have to "convince" your dealer to do it, they don't have to if they don't think there is a problem with your current version. I've had it for a week though and trust me, do what you have to do to get them to do it. A lot of fixes in this update.
OK, good information and advice.
Thank you
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #2523
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseDesign View Post
A new bug has cropped up, on my reverse camera the car keeps resetting the guidelines each time I turn it on. So I'll turn on the guidelines, they will work for a trip, and then the next time I turn the car on they are turned off again.

I've also had the backup camera lag in turning off. It look almost 30 seconds after I shifted out of reverse to turn off when I pulled out of the driveway tonight.
Mine has done that with v3.0.2. and now with v3.2.2 - still haven't gone to the dealer for the latest update.

So, point is... it's a bug, but it's a not a new one.

----

As to the second point about the lag - are you sure the delay isn't turned on in your settings? With that enabled, it'll stay on after shifting out of R until you hit 5 MPH or so in D.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #2524
NoiseDesign
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95396
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5Door

FF Reputation: 1 NoiseDesign Good Standing Member
I am so tired of troubleshooting the system in my car. This update does makes things a bit better, but it's always something. I run an iPod classic in my car and I let it attempt to index for a 100 mile commute yesterday, much of it in LA traffic, so a total of about 3.5 hours of indexing time. It never completed. So far the official word from the customer service person I've been dealing with from Ford Corporate is that libraries bigger than about 1000 songs can cause all sorts of issues. I know that some folks are running libraries larger than that, and admittedly the library on this iPod is over 25,000 songs. My issue is that the iPod classic is 160 GB, I'm within that limit, and there is nothing published stating a lower limit. If it can't handle that many tracks, wouldn't you think it would be smarter to have the system just put up error screen stating that there are too many tracks to index, rather than endlessly claiming to be trying to index the device.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #2525
Blockisle9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104865
What I Drive: 2013 black escape

FF Reputation: 1 Blockisle9 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Good deal. Happy to hear it is working for you. Kinda neat when that first one shows up on the screen and then the system reads it for you. Honestly, though, the thing that I am most psyched about is that I can actually use my hands-free calling again. Best thing (for me at least) that I have found so far with this update!
I know you said that after the latest update, but have you tried using those steps before the update?
I'm wondering if this will work with my iPhone 4 ios 6.01 and MFT 3.2.2
Old 11-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #2526
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
My issue is that the iPod classic is 160 GB, I'm within that limit, and there is nothing published stating a lower limit.
Yeah, there is nothing published about anything with this damn system. Last I knew though was that it can handle 15,000 "grammar objects". A grammar object can be anything from a word like "the" to a punctuation mark like an exclamation point. Each of those counts as one. In other words, you can have the word "the" show up in many of your song titles but it only counts as one grammar object (same with question marks and any other odd characters). You have a gigantic library on your 160 GB iPod. Maybe you are beyond that (keep in mind things like artist name and so forth count against it, but only once per instance).

Quote:
If it can't handle that many tracks, wouldn't you think it would be smarter to have the system just put up error screen stating that there are to many tracks to index, rather than endlessly claiming to be trying to index the device.
Hell yes, I totally agree. If this system is going to time out, it should at least tell you why (and time out and isolate the reason it is timing out and continue). Bad track, too many grammar objects, unrecognizable characters in the tags, or whatever, but apparently it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockisle9 View Post
I know you said that after the latest update, but have you tried using those steps before the update?
I'm wondering if this will work with my iPhone 4 ios 6.01 and MFT 3.2.2
No, but why not try it? Give it a go!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #2527
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Had 3.5.1 installed today. Haven't checked on the hands free calling but no one has ever complained about my call quality anyway so I'm not worried, it can only get better I suppose.

I did notice the small red and blue line at the button of the home/settings button is no longer present on the Entertainment/Climate screens. Cool! I also noticed the "LED" graphic for the AM source is either incomplete or just the wrong graphic... it's ugly compared to the rest. Small visual tweaks, overall a nice update I think, subtle things. My iPod (160gb classic, 8888 songs, lol) indexed in about 10 minutes, though voice commands weren't all done by the time I was home so I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

So far, aside from my OCD kicking in and HATING that little LED graphic, I like the rest.

Oh, and my CC quadrant works again!
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #2528
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Had 3.5.1 installed today. Haven't checked on the hands free calling but no one has ever complained about my call quality anyway so I'm not worried, it can only get better I suppose.
The reason I'm particularly interested in your perspective feta is that I know you had a much better experience with 3.0.2 than I did. It completely broke my system and you got luckier with yours. I'm thrilled with this update because it seems to have "unbroken" my system which for me is a huge deal. Just wondering if it has less of an impact with someone that got a "good" 3.0.2.

Off to the in-laws to stuff my face with food. The good is I get to log some miles and driving time in my car. Always enjoyed driving the car but it has been a double-edged sword over the last almost 9 months. I knew I would enjoy the drive but I also knew I would be fighting with a broken and embarrassing MFT. Now I get the fun of driving and a working MFT. Win-win situation! Post back any further thoughts/discoveries after you have had a few more days with it feta. Just curious.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #2529
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Off to the in-laws to stuff my face with food. The good is I get to log some miles and driving time in my car. Always enjoyed driving the car but it has been a double-edged sword over the last almost 9 months. I knew I would enjoy the drive but I also knew I would be fighting with a broken and embarrassing MFT. Now I get the fun of driving and a working MFT. Win-win situation! Post back any further thoughts/discoveries after you have had a few more days with it feta. Just curious.
Yeah I gotta say Im finally enjoying my MFT now for the first time since this update resolved my wind tunnel issue on the handsfree BT. Also having a working incoming txt on the MFT screen is cool. My family today were having a bit of fun sending me a txt message just to hear the sync voice read it out loud. lol.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #2530
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I also noticed the "LED" graphic for the AM source is either incomplete or just the wrong graphic... it's ugly compared to the rest.

So far, aside from my OCD kicking in and HATING that little LED graphic, I like the rest.
Hah, didn't even notice that until I read your post but same for me. I only have two on AM and they aren't even the same size. One is not as wide and a little thicker. Small, small, small, small price to pay considering everything that was broken and this update fixed for me (but I totally get the OCD thing, I'm the same way).

Bookmarks & Social Networks