TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #211
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Let me clarify. I use Spotify to stream music via BT but the songs are stored on my phone for use in offline mode. Since the update to 3.5.1, every now and then I've noticed that a song will change tracks on its own (no input from me). Its never happened on 3.0.2 and its never happened while using Spotify anywhere else. I've done a master reset twice and the problem still exists but it's intermittent. I would have to sit in my car and listen to music for an extended period of time to see how often it really happens.
This was my exact situation. I'll try to use spotify a bit more this week and let you know if I see it happen again because you're right. It is a very intermittent issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #212
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMark View Post
This was my exact situation. I'll try to use spotify a bit more this week and let you know if I see it happen again because you're right. It is a very intermittent issue.
Interesting that you both report it (even though yours seems to be fixed after the reset TehMark) using Spotify. Either of you tried other apps and see the same results? I tried Spotify after I read TehMark's post and got no skipping (but I only did a little under an hour of streaming). I use the freebies for all my streaming apps so I don't have anything cached when I stream. I have had it happen, very rarely, with Pandora and Slacker. I tend to think that has more to do with a losing/regaining a signal though. It also doesn't count against my hourly skips when it happens so I tend to believe it is on the app's end. If MFT was causing the skip I would think it show as a skip in the app.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #213
philh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89520
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 philh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yeah, I would have liked to have avoided one also but I needed the nav card too. After a little over a week with the update I would say take the time, even though it is a pain, and go get it done. It is worth it so far.
Thanks. Did you try it with the A3 card?

Wonder if my dealer would provide the A4 card without having to leave the car there for the day.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #214
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by philh View Post

Wonder if my dealer would provide the A4 card without having to leave the car there for the day.
If they have the card, you shouldn't have to leave it for a day. By now most dealers should have everything they need downloaded and ready to go.
Everything works but the nav with the A3 card, and you will get a nav error every time you start the car without the A4 card.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #215
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Yep, just because they left the A3 in my console (now I have an A1 and an A3 in my console and an A4 in my SD slot). I just wanted to know. What dyn said above is correct.

Quote:
I downloaded and wanted to do install myself and just go pick up the card. I asked but the dealership wouldn't let me do it. Warranty work and they have to do all the labor in order to legitimately bill Ford. If they can get to right away though it does not take long, I was in and out in about an hour (my dealership is open until 8pm so I went after work one night). Again, totally worth it. BT plays much nicer, totally fixed my hands-free calling issues, GPS locks faster, voice commands for music much much better, and so on. Still doesn't seem to play that nice with Sirius traffic/travel link but I am still playing around with that.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #216
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMark View Post
I've done several master resets now, including using the delayed reboot app and it hasn't fixed the issue. I did however, notice that the new elapse timer that shows during a song (the top left hand corner of the BT Audio screen) is not synced with the elapse timer on my phone's Spotify app. When I change tracks, sometimes the MFT timer will start at an arbitrary point like 1:30 instead of the :00 on Spotify. I don't know if that's the cause of this, but it's definitely strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Interesting that you both report it (even though yours seems to be fixed after the reset TehMark) using Spotify. Either of you tried other apps and see the same results? I tried Spotify after I read TehMark's post and got no skipping (but I only did a little under an hour of streaming). I use the freebies for all my streaming apps so I don't have anything cached when I stream. I have had it happen, very rarely, with Pandora and Slacker. I tend to think that has more to do with a losing/regaining a signal though. It also doesn't count against my hourly skips when it happens so I tend to believe it is on the app's end. If MFT was causing the skip I would think it show as a skip in the app.
When you say "skipping", I hope you mean the track auto changes instead of the audio playback is skipping. The audio skipping has been an issue with 3.0.2 and still exists in 3.5.1. The spooky auto track changing is the bigger issue I've been having with 3.5.1. I haven't tried other music apps yet but over the weekend, I plan on testing it more.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #217
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
When you say "skipping", I hope you mean the track auto changes instead of the audio playback is skipping. The audio skipping has been an issue with 3.0.2 and still exists in 3.5.1. The spooky auto track changing is the bigger issue I've been having with 3.5.1. I haven't tried other music apps yet but over the weekend, I plan on testing it more.
Yeah, sorry, that is what I meant. Track auto-advancing, not audio skipping (I was never really plagued by the audio skipping, BT or USB, w/3.0.2 and so far not w/3.5.1). I have some ground to cover over the holiday weekend so I was planning on playing around further as well.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #218
skiboarder119
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98455
What I Drive: 2012 black TI 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 skiboarder119 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackMustang View Post
Interesting. All of my songs have album are and it simply refused to display certain ones. Always the same songs. I get no generic data though.
Yup, I have the same issue. I swear that it is displaying less album art than before, but maybe it is just random which art it displays.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #219
Steev
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99699
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Steev Good Standing Member
Zune HD issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Now I read this. Already installed. Other than the temperature display being back I don't notice a difference from 3.0.2. - My Zune HD still reads as unrecognized usb device
I had the exact same problem with my Zune HD 32gb on 3.0.2. After working for a month or so after I bought the car, it suddenly started giving me the device not compatable message. I took it in a few months ago and they replaced the entire computer system. I've had different issues since (random indexing, album art occasionally not working until I do a delayed reboot or master reset), but none that have made the thing unusable. You'd think that a microsoft-made mp3 player would be compatable with a microsoft-made system. I suppose the microsoft part of the system probably isn't the problem though.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #220
sadnes
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106453
What I Drive: 2012 ford edge

FF Reputation: 1 sadnes Good Standing Member
hai afer i instaled th mft 3.51 every thing is ok except this ptoplem emergency assist fault and i dont hav the nav sat
any soluation
this the photo of the proplem
https://plus.google.com/photos/11808...06948043184305

Bookmarks & Social Networks