2012 Focus Transmission Shaking - Page 57 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #561
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101029
What I Drive: 2012 oxford white sel, H2, F-150

FF Reputation: 1 Ysteven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
According to the TSB it's 2 halfshaft seal kits, an input shaft seal (inner) and an input shaft seal (outer).

I don't think that they'll necessarily give you visual symptoms as it doesn't take much oil to affect the clutches and there is also a seal on the outside of the bell housing. So there could be a oil just sitting in the bell housing and not leaking, like the OP states in this thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302606

So, no - it's not hydraulic tight - but it's also not under hydraulic pressure.
Oh I see. Do you think it's possible to do checkpoints by yourself, of course I have all necessary tools. Check previous posts. My guess they will not do anything to mine anymore since they allready ate clutch. They will just drag thru the mud cause ford will not pay. That's my guess. So I I think should do on my own. I was reading last night about a leak, so I might have it. But don't know how to trace it. Any inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #562
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Another interesting thing. I called my dealer about 13Fusion. They said we will buy it back for 13k(mean my focus). So that means I have to pay 12k out of my pocket. This buy back option is ridiculous. How its possible!!! I have 12500miles and year old. Dropped like double.:-))LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #563
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106372
What I Drive: 2012 WHITE SE, HATCH

FF Reputation: 1 YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE Good Standing Member
Transmission recall; my biggest mistake!!!

Hi Everybody,

Been alurker for a while.Iwould like to share my Experience.
I purchased a Brand new 2012 Ford Focus SE in May 2011. Love the car since the very first time Iseen a comercial of it. I trully fell in love specially when I have seen the Race car version specially with the high wing at the back. Any way. Purchased an SE and was planning to purchase a stick shift
transmission. Since 17 years old, I have been driving stick shift and learned driving from a 1963VW Bug. Anyway I was at the dealer and noticed the gas mileage chart betweena stick shift Focus and an Automatic. I ask the sale man why the automatic transmission gets better gas mileage.
His response was becauseof the new 6 speed transmission and the stick is only five. Since I commute 110 miles a day (To and from work) 80 milesof that was freeway driving and the 20 miles was city driving. I have no complains, every thing was fine and love the car. One day , received a recall notice from ford concerning a roll backs on an incline. Well, I was thinking , I did not have any problems with mine rollingback but was still concern.

So after two to three weeks and finally got a day off from work, decided to
take my car to the dealer close to the house ( 9 Miles) and get the recall
done. BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER DID .At first the dealer did not know what I was talking about then they called Ford and gotan anwers but they were having problems with down loading the new program and they end up keeping my car overnight till the next day. To make the story short..

Since the recall work, my car was never the same. All the signs that every body in this forum are talking about I have, Every thing that the people here are saying what their ford techniciansin are saying regards to the transmission learning the new programs,etc. etc. I also have heard..

I have taken my Focus since the recallfour times now and still not fixed.I love the car,I love the gas mileage before the recall, I was getting an average of 39.6 milesto gallon city/hwy, after the recall 36 MPG average. I purchase a standard white colr Focus 5 Door hatch back and triked it out . I still drive it since I did not have a choice because I can not afford to purchase another car. All I am asking to the FORD Engineers and Ford Company 1s to find a fix. I hope I am not asking much and so as other thousand of other Focus owners. For FORD company...All I can say was we believe on you, we want to support an american company auto maker but with this kind of problem, do youblame people on turning to imports. Like I said I am a 59 year old working man, I work hard for the money I earned. I do not mind spending it on an american product all we ask ws to fix ourcars.

I could have attached a picture of my 2012 Focus SE, Hatch. Mighty proud of it specially I did all the customizing. . Maybe on my next post..

FOR FORDCOMPANY!!!!!!!Still looking for help to get mycar fix...

Last edited by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE; 11-20-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #564
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Join the club!
Sorry to hear that yappy2012sese.
Hope it will work out for you.
Iam going to independed trans shop tomorrow for diagnosis, will keep you guys posted.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #565
YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106372
What I Drive: 2012 WHITE SE, HATCH

FF Reputation: 1 YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE Good Standing Member
bump!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!!!

Last edited by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE; 11-21-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #566
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE View Post
...Since the recall work, my car was never the same. All the signs that every body in this forum are talking about I have, Every thing that the people here are saying what their ford techniciansin are saying regards to the transmission learning the new programs,etc. etc...
Hi YAPPYS2012FOCUSESE,

I want to step in here and get your regional customer service manager involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get your information in your CSM's hands and ensure you're contacted soon.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #567
bmg9fuva
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106493
What I Drive: Oxford White 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 bmg9fuva Good Standing Member
I have experienced a similar issue. It usually happens when i first start the car after its been parked for a while. When i back out of a parking spot, and then try to accelerate forwards, it delays, stutters/flutters, then when i try to give it more gas, it shoots forwards. After the car is driven for 5-10 min, the issue goes away. As long as the engine hasn't been sitting for a while it doesn't do this (for example if i run to the store and an there for an hour or so, it will back up normally and accelerate fine). its after the car has been sitting for multiple hours (5+).
I have an automatic, but it has the Select Shift option. Not sure if its the combination of these options thats causing the issue, or whether its like everyone has heard (new tranmission that was pushed out the door too quickly and still has some design issues that are not yet worked out). I have also heard that the 2012 Focus is 'drive by wire'...which sounds like throttle/acceleration is controlled by electronics and the computer. Perhaps the computer is not functioning correctly or maybe a software glitch?

I owned a 2002 Focus ZTS before this, and that car did not have this issue. Probably because it was a pretty standard car, and didn't come with all the new electronics, etc. that this one does.

The funny thing is, i don't remember it doing this when i test drove the (2012 Focus) car...
Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #568
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmg9fuva View Post
I have experienced a similar issue. It usually happens when i first start the car after its been parked for a while. When i back out of a parking spot, and then try to accelerate forwards, it delays, stutters/flutters, then when i try to give it more gas, it shoots forwards. After the car is driven for 5-10 min, the issue goes away. As long as the engine hasn't been sitting for a while it doesn't do this (for example if i run to the store and an there for an hour or so, it will back up normally and accelerate fine). its after the car has been sitting for multiple hours (5+).
I have an automatic, but it has the Select Shift option. Not sure if its the combination of these options thats causing the issue, or whether its like everyone has heard (new tranmission that was pushed out the door too quickly and still has some design issues that are not yet worked out). I have also heard that the 2012 Focus is 'drive by wire'...which sounds like throttle/acceleration is controlled by electronics and the computer. Perhaps the computer is not functioning correctly or maybe a software glitch?

I owned a 2002 Focus ZTS before this, and that car did not have this issue. Probably because it was a pretty standard car, and didn't come with all the new electronics, etc. that this one does.

The funny thing is, i don't remember it doing this when i test drove the (2012 Focus) car...
Hi bmg9fuva,

Have you stopped by your dealership so they can take a look? Ideally, try to replicate the situation while the tech is sitting in the car with you. Additionally, I'm happy to get your case escalated to your regional customer service manager as well; all I need is a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #569
mjb457
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96645
What I Drive: 12 Focus SE , 03 PT Cruiser GT

FF Reputation: 0 mjb457 Newbie
Trans Issues...

Crystal....I know you work for Ford...you are a very nice person just doing your job.... for many weeks Ive observed you helping people out with the same DCT trans issue----same post send me your email vin etc... this to me as a Ford Focus owner like everyone else is getting old..... why doesnt Ford just come out with a blanket recall(FIX) and extend the Warranties on the DCT unconditionally for a long time! 10years 125k miles! I know you arent in any position to do this,,,, but take it to your boss and even higher... please dont have our hard earned dollars go down the tubes with issues,,, stop the pain,,,, thanks MJB
Old 11-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #570
Ysteven
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb457 View Post
Crystal....I know you work for Ford...you are a very nice person just doing your job.... for many weeks Ive observed you helping people out with the same DCT trans issue----same post send me your email vin etc... this to me as a Ford Focus owner like everyone else is getting old..... why doesnt Ford just come out with a blanket recall(FIX) and extend the Warranties on the DCT unconditionally for a long time! 10years 125k miles! I know you arent in any position to do this,,,, but take it to your boss and even higher... please dont have our hard earned dollars go down the tubes with issues,,, stop the pain,,,, thanks MJB
That probably will happen in the dreams. Easy to hit the jackpot.
I got better, why they can't do special VERY low warranty rate for DCTs build from 2011-2013 for example. That's more realistic.
I don't know about you but I no longer like mine 12kmiles, 300 people looked at trans and open the hood. Virginity is long gone. I just stuck with it, since my dealer gives me only 13k for it if I trade it for new 13Fusion.
Can you imagine:-)))? Very nice appraisal!!LOL

Last edited by Ysteven; 11-21-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Misstyped

Bookmarks & Social Networks