Complete Work Order that fixed my DCT problems in my 2012 - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #21
NemesisS197
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 103646
What I Drive: 2014 ST

FF Reputation: 1 NemesisS197 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Or they will have their "Customer Service" managers scream at people over the phone that there is nothing wrong and their cars are "operating as they are designed". Which is what happened to me, despite a visible oil leak and a Ford technician confirming the slipping during takeoff.
Yeah :( I know what you mean man. Best thing I could recommend is try another dealer. I didnt take my Focus to the dealer I bought it from just because they wouldnt own up to the tranny issues my Explorer had. This new dealer took care of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #22
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisS197 View Post
I do hope Ford extends the warranty for people on a certain build date so they can do the right thing and keep their customers for life.
They're going to have to kiss ass if they ever want me to buy another new Ford product. I already bought an ESP, but it's useless if:

1) They deny it's broken
2) They charge me with $125 in "diagnosis fees" because [see point 1]

I've done all that I can and I can't lose $6k by selling this car. My options are now:

1) Live with it
2) Crash the car into a tree to ensure I'll either total the car or need a new transmission (hmmm http://www.impactauto.ca/runList?act...FOCUS&rowpos=0)
3) Drive like an ass to ensure the clutch falls apart within the warranty period
4) Have a private shop fix it/fix it myself

I don't really like any of those options. The car has 38k miles, so it's well past lemonability. I'm open to your suggestions.

Current plan is somewhere between "Live with it" or taking it to the dealer once more (there is a possibility that I'll get charged $125) if that happens, I'll pay it and then ask to purchase $800 in new parts and do it myself. It's well-documented that they can only deny warranty claims if they have proof that what you did damaged the vehicle. So if I go to a mom&pop shop and pay a tech to loosen the bolts on my bell housing and oil starts coming out. Can I then have it towed to Ford and just pay the shop the $15 of their time I wasted? I could certainly do it myself, but I feel like that would be more difficult to say "I didn't break it."
Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Hey everyone,

Please reach out to me if you are experiencing any concerns with your DCT. I would like to escalate each of your cases to your regional customer service managers. To do so, I'll need a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get your information in the right hands and make sure things progress.

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #24
fishin-nole
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99925
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Metallic

FF Reputation: 1 fishin-nole Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
They're going to have to kiss ass if they ever want me to buy another new Ford product. I already bought an ESP, but it's useless if:

1) They deny it's broken
2) They charge me with $125 in "diagnosis fees" because [see point 1]

I've done all that I can and I can't lose $6k by selling this car. My options are now:

1) Live with it
2) Crash the car into a tree to ensure I'll either total the car or need a new transmission (hmmm http://www.impactauto.ca/runList?act...FOCUS&rowpos=0)
3) Drive like an ass to ensure the clutch falls apart within the warranty period
4) Have a private shop fix it/fix it myself

I don't really like any of those options. The car has 38k miles, so it's well past lemonability. I'm open to your suggestions.

Current plan is somewhere between "Live with it" or taking it to the dealer once more (there is a possibility that I'll get charged $125) if that happens, I'll pay it and then ask to purchase $800 in new parts and do it myself. It's well-documented that they can only deny warranty claims if they have proof that what you did damaged the vehicle. So if I go to a mom&pop shop and pay a tech to loosen the bolts on my bell housing and oil starts coming out. Can I then have it towed to Ford and just pay the shop the $15 of their time I wasted? I could certainly do it myself, but I feel like that would be more difficult to say "I didn't break it."
That ESP is not worth the paper it's written on.

Crystal, it's good to know you are here to help.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #25
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
My car is going back in today, hopefully to have done what the OP had done to their car. I was told there was a TSB, they ordered the parts, and I'm HOPING this fixes my problems. Others who have had this TSB applied (replacement of parts) have said that the car drives like a completely different car....one can only hope. I'll report back on what happens.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #26
JesseE1981
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88551
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 JesseE1981 Good Standing Member
Took the car in first thing this morning (8am). Didn't get a phone call by 4pm when I got out of work, so I dropped in. The car was still up on the lift, and I was told that it should be done tomorrow, possibly by noon. Wasn't trying to rush them, just wanted to find out. I really hope this fixes all of my issues.....then I only have random rattles to worry about :)
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
dicktfocusnut
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89007
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 dicktfocusnut Good Standing Member
Giving Up On Focus and Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey everyone,

Please reach out to me if you are experiencing any concerns with your DCT. I would like to escalate each of your cases to your regional customer service managers. To do so, I'll need a PM from you with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. I'll get your information in the right hands and make sure things progress.

Thanks,
Crystal
Thanks, but no thanks. I've been told by Ford (through the dealer that I trust) that my DCT is "normal". Even my Service Advisor knows it's faulty but can do nothing about it. I'm not going to bother. Just giving up on Ford and trading it in next spring on something else. Honda? Toyota? Buick? Mazda? Don't know. I'd still consider an Escape (I liked my 2006), but think they are over-priced.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #28
dutd33
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104381
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 dutd33 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE1981 View Post
I'm taking mine in at 10am (about 45 mins), for the third time, for the shudder on takeoff, and now a grinding in 1-2, and 2-3 (which sounds like rocks rattling around). I am expecting another "this is normal behavior" response.

Everything you described above the work order there, is EXACTLY what mine is experiencing.

I'm printing this out and taking it in with me.
Just out of curiosity, what's the mileage on your vehicle?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #29
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
I had mine in a couple of weeks ago and they replaced everything that they replaced on your work order, and I was experiencing the same problems. I can report that as of today (as well as right after I left the dealership) the noise has returned and been the same grinding/rattling/whatever you want to call it in 1-2 and 2-3. Obviously this is the noise that is supposed to "go away" after 1000 miles or whenever the "green clutch" wears in, but I don't see that happening. So if my clutch was worn enough that they had to replace the clutches after 20,000 miles and it still makes the noise, won't they just be replacing another clutch at 40,000 miles?

This is the 10th time I've had it in for this issue, have already escalated to regional managers and all the other rigamarole that comes with that. Regional manager now ignores my calls and doesn't return them after I leave messages. I guess it's time for the formal complaint letter followed by a BBB lemon law complaint. It saddens me because I had such trust in Ford after driving my '96 Ranger for over 12 years with 0 issues. On this car they've had to replace the radio twice, the passenger window switch, and the clutches all before 22,000 miles.

What a disappointment.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #30
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityCubed View Post
I had mine in a couple of weeks ago and they replaced everything that they replaced on your work order, and I was experiencing the same problems. I can report that as of today (as well as right after I left the dealership) the noise has returned and been the same grinding/rattling/whatever you want to call it in 1-2 and 2-3. Obviously this is the noise that is supposed to "go away" after 1000 miles or whenever the "green clutch" wears in, but I don't see that happening. So if my clutch was worn enough that they had to replace the clutches after 20,000 miles and it still makes the noise, won't they just be replacing another clutch at 40,000 miles?
I'm sorry to hear that.

One point is that clutch assemblies are being replaced because they are usually contaminated by an oil leak. In other words, your clutches most likely were not replaced simply because of wear.

Bookmarks & Social Networks