Issues with new 2012 Ford Focus - Page 185 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #1841
hound
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99777
What I Drive: 2012 black titanium

FF Reputation: 1 hound Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
They are all one touch down........also funny how they say that's how it is....till thy fix it and thn that's how it should have been all along..........shame on ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #1842
Dave R
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111412
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling grey metallic-H/back

FF Reputation: 1 Dave R Good Standing Member
Hi Natasha. My 2012 hatchback now has 34,000 miles, and I am stll having the shuddering at 1-2 shift mainly, and the noises that go with it. I have noticed that it's often perfect when cold but after 30 / 40 miles starts creeping back in. I wanted to mention the (13) step drive cycle recommended by FOMOCO, and provided to me by my dealer. Originally the service Mgr. did the cycle and it really improved the shifts; sadly, it did not stick. Since then I have done it with good improvement, but the shudder is back agaiin. Being an ex-Ford guy, I can't believe that Ford went ahead with this trans..
Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1843
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
...My 2012 hatchback now has 34,000 miles, and I am stll having the shuddering at 1-2 shift mainly, and the noises that go with it. I have noticed that it's often perfect when cold but after 30 / 40 miles starts creeping back in. I wanted to mention the (13) step drive cycle recommended by FOMOCO, and provided to me by my dealer. Originally the service Mgr. did the cycle and it really improved the shifts; sadly, it did not stick. Since then I have done it with good improvement, but the shudder is back agaiin...
Hi Dave R,

Since you live in Canada, I recommend that you reach out to my colleagues at Ford Canada. They can be contacted at 1-800-565-3673 and will be happy to assist you.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #1844
KLMCGILL
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111856
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus sel

FF Reputation: 1 KLMCGILL Good Standing Member
Please Get behind my dealer!!!

I have had my daughters 2012 Ford Focus SEL in the shop 4 times now... We bought it slightly used with @ 24k miles on it in feb 2012 and now it has @ 34k... During the year that we have owned it, it's been in the shop 4 times with the shuttering and near halting of the transmission... we have had the software updates completed and it still has the same problems with the transmission... I feel like the biggest pest ever because they can't detect that anything is wrong with it, however, when we drive it, it happens constantly... It feels very dangerous and scarey because I know my daughter has to drive it daily!

The car has been in the shop for almost 2 weeks again and still no answers... (Last november it was in the shop for almost a month). We have told them that we just want a new transmission or whatever it takes to fix this problem... I have a lot of confidence in my dealer and hope that FORD will help them get an answer ASAP but it just seems that Ford would have an answer by now!

Please help!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #1845
Cleric670
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cleric670 Good Standing Member
Here's the problem you can't just demand a new transmission unfortunately, even tho it would likely fix the problem, here's an excerpt from another post in a different thread

Quote:
I think many people don't understand fully how the Ford service/repair system works tho, a dealership will diagnose the problem (they're not reimbursed for diagnosis hours spent btw) then they hop on the computer and log into the Corporate Ford website for repairs through this program i THINK is called "Oasis" and they post the problem the customer is having and ask what repair ford would recommend. Many times the issue will have an immediate response from ford engineering because it's problem is already logged in the database with a specific corrective action to be taken. Otherwise they wait up to 5 days for an email back telling them what to do to fix the issue.

Now here's the tricky part, the repair shop has to follow the repair procedure EXACTLY AS IT SAYS and they will only be reimbursed for parts listed in that repair. They cannot simply "try to fix it themselves" or they WILL NOT be paid by Ford for the work they did. In the case of the transmissions they've been told by Corporate to do things such as flash the PCM, replace clutches on some, and MOST have been told to tell the customer "it's normal, live with it" and print out the powershift information paper and give to the customer which was basically this huge disclaimer saying that shudder, miss-shifts, noise, mechanical malfunction were all NORMAL (in sheisty legal speek). Then sending the customer out the door without anything actually being FIXED!
now here's the OFFICIAL notice from their Oasis program concerning that issue you're having.

Quote:
Special Service Message 32134, Transmission, 11MARCH2013
---
SYMPTOM CODE INFORMATION
448_
Start/Run/Move > Noise
SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGES
32134 2012-2012 Fiesta / Focus - Grind Or Scraping Noise -DPS6 Automatic Transmission
Some 2012-2013 Fiesta and Focus vehicles equipped with a DPS6 transmission may exhibit a grinding or scraping noise during light acceleration or coast down between 50 - 20 MPH, in cold ambient temperatures. Engineering is aware of the concern and is currently working on a resolution. Do not replace the clutch or transmission for this condition as this will not impact the symptom. Please submit a Global Concern Report (GCR) for the concern. To complete a GCR, start an OASIS session from the PTS website using the VIN, click report a vehicle concern link at the bottom of the OASIS page, select report entry, and complete the form. Monitor OASIS for future communications updates.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 11-MARCH-2013
---
So you can see here the dealerships are being SPECIFICALLY ordered to stop replacing clutches and transmission because corporate CLAIMS it will not fix the problem. This is what you will likely be told when you take it into the dealership, and until they DO fix the problem you're just SOL. Sorry it happened to you, I've been having these issues for a year and a half also with the dealership not being able to fix the problem.

IF you feel like you are capable of safely doing so try disconnecting the positive terminal from the battery for 10sec then reconnecting. This will reset the adaptive learning on the transmission forcing it to relearn it's clutch/shift values. When you reconnect the battery the transmission will start clicking and you won't be able to drive for up to 60 seconds while it figures out what position everything is in, that's normal.

DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DISCONNECT A CAR BATTERY!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #1846
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric670 View Post
IF you feel like you are capable of safely doing so try disconnecting the positive terminal from the battery for 10sec...
I thought it was more like 5-10 minutes...
Old 03-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #1847
Cleric670
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE

FF Reputation: 1 Cleric670 Good Standing Member
Don't know if there's any specific length of time, did mine last weekend and unplugged the battery, checked my oil level, plugged battery back in. You know you got it because the tranny starts clicking, pretty loudly too.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #1848
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLMCGILL View Post
I have had my daughters 2012 Ford Focus SEL in the shop 4 times now... We bought it slightly used with @ 24k miles on it in feb 2012 and now it has @ 34k... During the year that we have owned it, it's been in the shop 4 times with the shuttering and near halting of the transmission... we have had the software updates completed and it still has the same problems with the transmission...
Hi KLMCGILL,

I'm happy to look into your case and see how I can assist. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll look into some options.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 AM   #1849
Calvin S
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109723
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus 1.6L TiVCT

FF Reputation: 1 Calvin S Good Standing Member
justmy2cents,

I'm experiencing the same problems with my Focus. Have you been able to get it fixed and if so, what did you get done? Have taken my car in several times over the shuddering and jerking but the Ford dealer in my country doesn't know how to fix it.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 AM   #1850
GhiaFan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin S View Post
justmy2cents,

I'm experiencing the same problems with my Focus. Have you been able to get it fixed and if so, what did you get done? Have taken my car in several times over the shuddering and jerking but the Ford dealer in my country doesn't know how to fix it.
So you have the 1.6L Ti-VCT with Powershift. Yours is the 1st I have read about having issues.

I could not find a customer care contact for Sri Lanka, you can try this Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ford-C...42240292459892 or contact Ford India Customer Relationship Centre (0900 to 1800 hrs – Monday to Saturday)
1800 425 2500 (Toll Free) maybe they can direct you to your local customer care center.

Bookmarks & Social Networks