Ford Buy Back! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
They're not going to do anything lol

I'm in the exact same boat, and Ford has basically told me they'll continue to attempt to repair things, as necessary, but they have severely low limitations on what they'll do. The biggest issue, in regards to the people have transmission problems, is that the "learning" module learns incorrectly.

Point being, Ford will most likely either not reply at all, or will reply with a standard "Thanks for your response, we're sorry about your history with us. Here's a $30 oil change coupon for free." You're not going to get a thing from them, and unless you utilize legal action that's the limit of what will happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
2012 Fusion Sport FTW!!! hope it works well for you!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_T_Hatch View Post
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I will let you know how this all goes down!
Good luck. I feel bad for you and everyone else that are having major problems with their ff. It's kind of weird reading some of these posts since I consider my focus to be one of the best purchase I done for the class of car it is. I get nothing but compliments when people ride in my car.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #14
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
It is telling that Ford isn't using this DCT in any other model.

(I drove a rental SEL hatch for 2.2k miles and that one was fine, however, except for lethargic acceleration from a stop). I really liked that car as a whole.

Good luck in any case!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
Except the Fiesta.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post

(I drove a rental SEL hatch for 2.2k miles and that one was fine, however, except for lethargic acceleration from a stop). I really liked that car as a whole.

Good luck in any case!
To be fair, the DCT doesn't have the torque capacity to be used with the EcoBoost engines on the new Fusion and Escape, so I suspect it was never seriously considered. I bet Ford is happy it worked out this way though.

The DCT has to be the cause of a relatively huge percentage of warranty costs and owner unhappiness with the Focus. Wonder what transmission Ford would choose if they had a "do-over"?
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
12_T_Hatch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87898
What I Drive: 12, White Platinum Metallic, Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 12_T_Hatch Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I must be missing something...

There are many people here that have no problems with their transmissions -or- did have problems and have had all of their issues resolved. We know that the transmission is capable of working well and we know that it can be fixed properly when it isn't.

If you are unable to get your car repaired properly, why would you want another Ford? That is absurd.

Cars break. Service is important.
Its the transmission not the entire car. Ford (sans transmission) has a great product, I love the look of my Focus, the MFT w/Nav and Sirius travel link, etc etc. I am not willing to give all that up, which is why I am staying with the Ford lineup.

As you stated there are many here with transmission issues, some have been fixed and with others it continues to be an issue... The fact that some can be successfully repaired while others are left with a malfunctioning unit is, as you so eloquently stated, absurd. If none of the Focus' were able to be fixed then I would say I have no case for a lemon law, however the fact that some have been fixed shows that the way my car drives is not "normal" this it is a lemon since I have had it to the dealership numerous times and it has not been repaired.

As for your statement "cars break, service is important" - no sherlock.. However a new vehicle should not be in service as much as mine is. Its ridiculous and a huge inconvenience - I have had used cars with over 100K that never saw the inside of a repair shop unless I was doing preventative maintenance (i.e. oil change, etc). I expect better reliability from a new car.

I am willing to pursue legal action in regards to this, I just hope it doesn't come to that. I don't expect one letter to Ford to change anything, I merely sent it b/c legally I am required to send them in writing that this transmission issue has not been repaired. Now depending what they do upon receipt of the letter will determine my next course of action...
Old 11-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan50 View Post
\The DCT has to be the cause of a relatively huge percentage of warranty costs and owner unhappiness with the Focus. Wonder what transmission Ford would choose if they had a "do-over"?
???

They would use the DCT of course.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #19
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
???

They would use the DCT of course.
I see: this is Ford we're talking about...
Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_T_Hatch View Post
Its the transmission not the entire car. Ford (sans transmission) has a great product, I love the look of my Focus, the MFT w/Nav and Sirius travel link, etc etc. I am not willing to give all that up, which is why I am staying with the Ford lineup.

As you stated there are many here with transmission issues, some have been fixed and with others it continues to be an issue... The fact that some can be successfully repaired while others are left with a malfunctioning unit is, as you so eloquently stated, absurd. If none of the Focus' were able to be fixed then I would say I have no case for a lemon law, however the fact that some have been fixed shows that the way my car drives is not "normal" this it is a lemon since I have had it to the dealership numerous times and it has not been repaired.

As for your statement "cars break, service is important" - no sherlock.. However a new vehicle should not be in service as much as mine is. Its ridiculous and a huge inconvenience - I have had used cars with over 100K that never saw the inside of a repair shop unless I was doing preventative maintenance (i.e. oil change, etc). I expect better reliability from a new car.

I am willing to pursue legal action in regards to this, I just hope it doesn't come to that. I don't expect one letter to Ford to change anything, I merely sent it b/c legally I am required to send them in writing that this transmission issue has not been repaired. Now depending what they do upon receipt of the letter will determine my next course of action...

IMO, your car is not a lemon at all. The problem is bad service. If your transmission is not working properly, the dealer should fix it.

If the dealer is either unwilling or unable to fix your car, do you buy another car from them and pray that it doesn't break?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->