TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 20 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #191
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
I have nav and just got off of the phone with my dealer who said I don't require the A4 card after checking their database. Does anyone know this to be true. Appt is Monday.
This is not true. 3.5.1 needs the new A4 navigation card, as TSB 12-11-1 states.

TSB 12-11-1 Link

Print it and show them otherwise your navigation will not work without the A4 card.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #192
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Tony View Post
I have nav and just got off of the phone with my dealer who said I don't require the A4 card after checking their database. Does anyone know this to be true. Appt is Monday.
dragonpalm is definitely right. Your dealership may have been checking your car's listed install history, in which case it would show that your car is up-to-date with the A3 Nav card you already have. You will need the A4 if you get v3.5.1 though.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #193
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Did anyone in Canada get TSB applied?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #194
philh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89520
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 philh Good Standing Member
Anyone know if the version of Nav Card provided with the 3.02 update (11A02) that was sent to me by Ford this past summer?

Was hoping it was A4 to avoid a trip to the dealer.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #195
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by philh View Post
anyone know if the version of nav card provided with the 3.02 update (11a02) that was sent to me by ford this past summer?

Was hoping it was a4 to avoid a trip to the dealer.
a3...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #196
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
I went to the dealer today for an oil change and tire rotation and although my MFT seemed to work pretty well beside the voice recognition, I asked them to perform the TSB. I haven't really tried the voice recognition since they updated it, but so far it seems to be working fast. The time is a bigger font it looks like, and now they added the outside temperature as others have pointed out. Still the volume font/bars are puny and out of place looking...wish they would have changed that.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #197
SpinKix
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95912
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Gray Ti 5D DCT THP

FF Reputation: 3 SpinKix Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Anyone wondering if this is the big rumored FIX that has been so hush hush? I have to say the one I heard being rumored sounded more like a complete redesign. Maybe that's still in the works.
Just guessing, but since this is a global update for so many different models besides the Focus, I'm assuming it is the big fix.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #198
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinKix View Post
Just guessing, but since this is a global update for so many different models besides the Focus, I'm assuming it is the big fix.
I don't see how this is "the big fix" if it is a TSB rather than a recall which would cover everyone with MFT rather than those who just have "problems".
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #199
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy From NY View Post
I don't see how this is "the big fix" if it is a TSB rather than a recall which would cover everyone with MFT rather than those who just have "problems".
A couple of days after the TSB was released they put out a recall to dealers that put all lot cars on demonstration/delivery hold until this was applied. No customers could see a demo in a car that didn't have this applied and no recently delivered vehicles that shipped with 3.22 or prior could be turned over to new owners until their factory-order was updated. I'm guessing it will be pushed out to everyone eventually but taking care of new customers/new owners first would benefit Ford more as these people would be the ones receiving JD Power surveys. Existing customers would not and are therefore the lower priority.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #200
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I'm guessing it will be pushed out to everyone eventually but taking care of new customers/new owners first would benefit Ford more as these people would be the ones receiving JD Power surveys. Existing customers would not and are therefore the lower priority.
I think you're right. I'm not even going to bother going to my dealer for this. Since I believe it will be mailed to everyone eventually... or who knows? Maybe even an A5 nav card... lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks