Good Performance? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004)

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusblackzx5 View Post
it's impossible I had a 2003 se and it has a 110hp/109torque engine. Takes around 10-11 sec to make a 0 to 60mph.

-----
My 2005 zx5 has a 136hp/132torque engine.. 139-140hp with my mods i'm sure ahah^^
a 2005-2007 ST has a 151hp/153torque engine
It took you 10-11 seconds to get to 60? Are you driving an ATX? Because I can make it 0-60 in under 8 seconds consistently in my MTX with the mods listed in my sig...
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
jerdrb
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106027
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 jerdrb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Im driving the ATX so its not just the MTX. Maybe the previous owner modded the crap out of it, wrecked it, got sold in auction, guy sold it not knowing extreme mods, then i profit? Lol i don't see that happening.

Anyways with the test we used we put in 3000 lbs as weight. 2700 for empty car (nearly empty tank too) and in actuality another 450 whouldve been added for the 3 people but we only added 300 just in case. and if its lighter the hp will actually be less... SO
Old 11-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdrb View Post
Im driving the ATX so its not just the MTX. Maybe the previous owner modded the crap out of it, wrecked it, got sold in auction, guy sold it not knowing extreme mods, then i profit? Lol i don't see that happening.

Anyways with the test we used we put in 3000 lbs as weight. 2700 for empty car (nearly empty tank too) and in actuality another 450 whouldve been added for the 3 people but we only added 300 just in case. and if its lighter the hp will actually be less... SO
I mean not to call you out on lying, but that just sounds crazy lol. I mean maybe its true i have no clue, ive never dynoed my SPI after the mods, but it definately a lot quicker...I think my best ever 0-60 in my focus was like 6.4 seconds....so my car is definately a lot faster than a stock SPI, and racing people 0-75 (speed limit) on the freeway not many people keep up, either cant drive, or dont have power cause ive beat a few honda's, and even 2 350z's...
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals
Old 11-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
Focusblackzx5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95212
What I Drive: 2005 Black zx5

FF Reputation: 1 Focusblackzx5 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawlax1344 View Post
It took you 10-11 seconds to get to 60? Are you driving an ATX? Because I can make it 0-60 in under 8 seconds consistently in my MTX with the mods listed in my sig...
yeah I had a stock 03 se spi ATX ;)

Now I have the car in my sig :)
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #15
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
If you are using a program like My Mechanic, then its reading what the computer thinks it could be producing, which is complete and utter BS. I tried it for shits and giggles and my SPI thinks its producing over 300 HP as I pick up to highway speed on the ramps. Its a ricers dream program, because trusting it could be considered proof that a sticker on the back window gave you an extra 100 HP.

Only running it on a real dyno will give you real numbers, and if you think paying to an SPI on a dyno is money well spent, have at it.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #16
swagfocuswagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103591
What I Drive: '00 Focus wagon, 96 Cutlass Supreme

FF Reputation: 1 swagfocuswagon Good Standing Member
No way in hell an SPI puts out even 130 with mods I bet. There gutless little 4 poppers. Mine barely moves my wagon. Seriously, when I romp it to merge with traffic on the highway or something I think it might explode.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #17
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
A blue-tooth OBD reader has no way of telling Horsepower Numbers, nor any way of even so much as estimating. I bet you confused HP with water temperature or something.

A SPI engine, even with an intake and exhaust has a hard time breaking 100whp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawlax1344 View Post
I also have a pretty hard time believing this. Mostly because you mentioned "performance chip" which is about as good as a sticker on the rear window in terms of power-gains. A cat-back and a CAI still wont net you the same power as a base zetec, and i can guarantee you from experience that a base zetec cant break the 8.0 0-60 barrier. It takes a good driver on a good day to hit 7.0 0-60 in a SVT, and he is making easily 50whp over you.

Prove me wrong though, if you have dyno numbers or a drag strip receipt, ill take it all back.

Until then, this thread is mostly BSing and i heavy suspect failed trolling.

"Ford Focus ST - the official car of message-board circle-jerks"
-Regular Car Reviews
Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

In all seriousness my sig is misleading, i have more done to it since i updated that, i have bored out intake and exhaust manifolds, gasket matched, 3 angle valve job, dual valve springs, and the "performance chip" is technically an old superchip and tune that my buddy from uti modified to work on my car, but didnt have a better name to put it as lol. All we did was advance the timing some, disable the alt, and switch from 87 to 93 octane. And i only use 1st and 2nd for 0-60, instead of 1st through 3rd. There is no dyno around where I live, but im heading to Philly in January and ill look for a dyno or drag strip then and see if i get some solid results.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
Tymes
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94124
What I Drive: 02 SE SOHC SPI

FF Reputation: 8 Tymes Good Standing Member
I'll see if "My Mechanic" has a snap shot function. It does have a HP meter, but it is taking information from the ECU, which has no real way of measuring HP. I don't how it thinks it is producing such retarded numbers, but I had a good laugh when I saw 300+ HP. If I can get a snap shot I'll post it, just keep in mind I'm not claiming to have that kind of HP.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #20
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
thats funny. would love to see the pic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->