TSB 12-11-01 Posted Today - MFT v3.5.1 - Page 19 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #181
Dysan911
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95746
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

Posts: 582
FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone wondering if this is the big rumored FIX that has been so hush hush? I have to say the one I heard being rumored sounded more like a complete redesign. Maybe that's still in the works.
__________________
2012 FF Ti HB Platinum White Tricoat, Built 12/11, 401A + Parking Technology Package and MFT w/NAV at 3.5.1
Dysan911 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #182
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict
 
wilsonfocus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Fan#: 23099
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

Posts: 1,156
FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Anyone wondering if this is the big rumored FIX that has been so hush hush? I have to say the one I heard being rumored sounded more like a complete redesign. Maybe that's still in the works.
Alls I honestly care about is that everything works, so I am going to not touch it for a while because it's functioning well at the moment after doing this update!!
__________________
"If in doubt.. Flat out." - Colin McRae
wilsonfocus86 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #183
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93883
Location: Somewhere, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

Posts: 57
FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have the nav in my car, but would like to upgrade to 3.5.1. I know that I will need the A4 card, but can I still upgrade. I have issues with Bluetooth not connecting, preset issues etc.

I can live without the nav for now until they send me the A4 card.
jellybean is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #184
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,868
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
I have the nav in my car, but would like to upgrade to 3.5.1. I know that I will need the A4 card, but can I still upgrade. I have issues with Bluetooth not connecting, preset issues etc.

I can live without the nav for now until they send me the A4 card.
Unfortunately no one is going to send you a nav card. This is on a TSB and you have to get the dealer to do it, and even then you have to convince them there is a reason you need it. They could say your system is fine and you don't need it. A dealer-install is the only way you are going to get the nav card (unless you feel like buying it yourself, then you could self-install).
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #185
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93883
Location: Somewhere, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

Posts: 57
FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Unfortunately no one is going to send you a nav card. This is on a TSB and you have to get the dealer to do it, and even then you have to convince them there is a reason you need it. They could say your system is fine and you don't need it. A dealer-install is the only way you are going to get the nav card (unless you feel like buying it yourself, then you could self-install).
Where can I purchase it and how much do they go for.
jellybean is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #186
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,868
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
Where can I purchase it and how much do they go for.
Not sure but to be honest I haven't really looked that hard either. My dealership said they are getting them in small batches, not enough to even keep up with updating the lot cars, so maybe they are all being allocated to Ford right now and not really out there on the open market yet.

Why would you want to buy one though? If you have Nav you can get one for free. With the issues you listed you should be able to convince your dealer that you need the update.
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #187
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast
 
dragonpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104183
Location: San Antonio, TX
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Posts: 180
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Why would you want to buy one though? If you have Nav you can get one for free. With the issues you listed you should be able to convince your dealer that you need the update.
Correct. If one dealer gives you a hard time or turns you away, go to another. That's what I did and my second dealer did the install complete with the A4 Nav card under warranty without any hassles.
dragonpalm is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #188
jellybean
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93883
Location: Somewhere, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium

Posts: 57
FF Reputation: 0 jellybean Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Correct. If one dealer gives you a hard time or turns you away, go to another. That's what I did and my second dealer did the install complete with the A4 Nav card under warranty without any hassles.
I plan on going to the dealer. I was just curious as to how much it would cost. Driving around from dealer to dealer to find one that actually gives a hoot is another story.
jellybean is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #189
TehMark
Focus Addict
 
TehMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87530
Location: Space, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 639
FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you get any push back just call customer service.
__________________
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
TehMark is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #190
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast
 
Titanium Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98460
Location: Austin, TX
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

Posts: 162
FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have nav and just got off of the phone with my dealer who said I don't require the A4 card after checking their database. Does anyone know this to be true. Appt is Monday.
__________________
08 Kawasaki Concours 14
03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
09 Yamaha FZ6R
Titanium Tony is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.