Tsb 12-10-15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-24-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Tsb 12-10-15

5232 - 2012 Focus Built On Or Before 3/5/2012 - FM Channel Changes After Switching Through Other Audio Modes
See TSB 12-10-15 for details 12-10-15

Anyone able to get further info on this TSB?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87568
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 JasonM Good Standing Member
Question

Anyone ever get more information about this TSB? Mine definitely does this and was built in first half of 2011.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #3
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
Anyone ever get more information about this TSB? Mine definitely does this and was built in first half of 2011.
I'm probably taking mine in next week to get this done. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

Ok.. I was more asking if anyone actually had a PDF copy of the TSB. I usually have the most success at my local dealers if I have the TSB in my hand when I talk to them.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Quote:
Ok.. I was more asking if anyone actually had a PDF copy of the TSB. I usually have the most success at my local dealers if I have the TSB in my hand when I talk to them.
Hi, JasonM -

The 3.2.2 update was intended to fix the issue with presets disappearing.
If you haven't installed this yet, I recommend seeing your dealership for the latest update (3.5.1).

3.5.1 addresses phone compatibility, voice recognition, and/or navigation concerns. Due to the need for vehicles equipped with the navigation option to receive a new SD card, the software is only available at the dealership.
Please note, we do not recommend downloading the update from any source other than a certified Ford dealership.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Thanks, Jaclyn. I actually have an appointment for Tuesday morning to have 3.5.1 installed. I was trying to figure out if I also needed the 12-10-15 TSB performed, so I could have them both done at the same time. It's great to know that I only need TSB 12-11-01.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
The 3.2.2 update was intended to fix the issue with presets disappearing.
If you haven't installed this yet, I recommend seeing your dealership for the latest update (3.5.1).Jaclyn
I have 3.2.2 and my vehicle still does it. Another user (lewisra?) also stated that 3.5.1 did not fix this issue on their vehicle.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thanks, Jaclyn. I actually have an appointment for Tuesday morning to have 3.5.1 installed. I was trying to figure out if I also needed the 12-10-15 TSB performed, so I could have them both done at the same time. It's great to know that I only need TSB 12-11-01.
You're welcome! Everything 3.2.2 addressed is built in to the 3.5.1 software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I have 3.2.2 and my vehicle still does it. Another user (lewisra?) also stated that 3.5.1 did not fix this issue on their vehicle.
If you're still experiencing this concern post update, please see your dealership for further diagnosis.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
You're correct PratoN (as you usually are, LOL), I have 3.5.1, and the FM stations still screw up, and I get "blank" presets at times. I've noticed it also is slow to respond to inputs every once and a while , it seems "hang" a bit(both steering wheel buttons and screen touches). I've contacted my dealer about it, and they said, and I quote "we know about it, and are waiting for another update from Ford to fix it..." LOL... I should be used to this by now....
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 11-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
JasonM
Focus Enthusiast

This gets me back to my original question. Does anyone actually have a copy of the 12-10-15 TSB that is supposed to address this specific problem? I'd like to see what the procedure is. Being a systems engineer myself has been helpful in the past when the service techs at the Ford dealership and I had to work together to try to figure an issue out. Dealing with all sorts of computerized equipment, from embedded systems up to online services with 100k+ servers, over the past couple of decades has taught me that there are very few issues that are completely new. Most are just slight variations of things that have happened before. :)

When it comes to new stuff like this, the techs at my local dealerships (and I suspect most every dealership) are often at a loss unless there's a very specific TSB from Ford about it or they've seen that exact issue before. While I can play around with it for hours figuring it out if I want, they are locked into doing work that they can charge labor to a customer or Ford for, so they don't have the freedom that I do. I can often do a slightly better job on even routine stuff because I can take my time and tweak/clean every little thing perfectly, where they know they have to get done in the time rated for the task in their systems.

Bookmarks & Social Networks